Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bax2003

Cancelled
Dec 25, 2011
NO Way I'm sending a pic of my desk and 21.5 iMac, you guys are WAY too neat. ;)

Just to give you thumbs up, this is more realistic:

setup2b.jpg

But, this is thread of setups, not about desktop clutter etc. When is a bit cleaner, you can see setup better and then you can give someone an idea ;)

Panthera Uncia

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012
Amsterdam
NO Way I'm sending a pic of my desk and 21.5 iMac, you guys are WAY too neat. ;)

I have been working almost non-stop on a project for the past two weeks.
If I show pictures of my desk area a.t.m. people will get heart attacks.

But 90% I like to keep things neat, clutter on your desk = clutter in your mind, it leads to stress.

iAll

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
SE NH
I have been working almost non-stop on a project for the past two weeks.
If I show pictures of my desk area a.t.m. people will get heart attacks.

But 90% I like to keep things neat, clutter on your desk = clutter in your mind, it leads to stress.

I think trying to keep my desk neat adds to stress. I run a service center and do all of the repair manual searches, inventory, invoicing, billing and usually do numerous mad dashes from the shop to look something up when the phones rings. By the way, I think the iphone works better with jawbones than Droids. What do you all think?

bax2003

Cancelled
Dec 25, 2011
I think trying to keep my desk neat adds to stress. I run a service center and do all of the repair manual searches, inventory, invoicing, billing and usually do numerous mad dashes from the shop to look something up when the phones rings. By the way, I think the iphone works better with jawbones than Droids. What do you all think?

This is now class in psychology :D, but it does not need to be, because things are very simple. You arrange your working environment that suits you the best. I love to keep neat desk when I can, but when I do not have time for arranging, I just leave things where I can easily find them. You must respect OCD, it is not the bad thing as long as you can find limits and you understand that nothing is perfect and does not need to be.

iAll

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
SE NH
This is now class in psychology :D, but it does not need to be, because things are very simple. You arrange your working environment that suits you the best. I love to keep neat desk when I can, but when I do not have time for arranging, I just leave things where I can easily find them. You must respect OCD, it is not the bad thing as long as you can find limits and you understand that nothing is perfect and does not need to be.

You're not going to charge me for this session are you?
komet.gif

Sharky II

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2004
United Kingdom
Didn't have much time but I got some while traveling.

Rear view monitor with a switch so I can keep it on all the time. As soon as my iphone component cable arrives it will show the phone on video2 and the camera on video 1

Taking pictures of your car gadgets while driving seems really silly to me. It's really not worth it.

J273

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2007
Mine:

RMBP driving 2 x 30" monitors....Had it a while now - incredible machine.

IMG_3828.jpg

Tastydirt

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2009
Those 30" actually look like 3007WFP. They don't have DisplayPort, but only dual link DVI. Does that mean you've got 2x mDP to dual-link DVI to run them?

J273

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2007
Those 30" actually look like 3007WFP. They don't have DisplayPort, but only dual link DVI. Does that mean you've got 2x mDP to dual-link DVI to run them?

Yeah they are 3007WFP's and i use 2 dual link adapters to run them. ive had themfor a few years now and cant fault them

@AQUADock Thanks -I always have them both connected. The full size keyboard hardly gets used though tbh.

neilmacd

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2010
UK
@J273, screens look amazing! Nice setup.

You kidding me? He even says that they're 30"
Dell U3011

Calm down dear, poster originally said they were 30". Didn't say what make/model, just because you know what they are doesn't mean the rest of the world does :rolleyes:

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
Just to give you thumbs up, this is more realistic:
But, this is thread of setups, not about desktop clutter etc. When is a bit cleaner, you can see setup better and then you can give someone an idea ;)

Nice TopGear. Catching up on Season 18? ;) it looks like your using VLC. Anyway, just a heads up, do you know you can you use VLC in fullscreen and not blank your other monitor out?

It should work default without tinkering with teh settings in the latest version. Just in case you want to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.