Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 4, 2012, 02:17 PM   #1
iPad2013
Banned

Unhappy A bunch of problems with my iPad 2, what to do?

Greetings everyone!

First time poster here.

About 8 months ago, I bought a brand new and sealed iPad 2, 32GB Wi-Fi model. I've had a few problems with it ever since.

The home button is recessed. A lot. I mean, it's not clicky as my iPhone 5, or my brother's iPad 2, or my mother's iPad 4. It's recessed. Sometimes I can't even hear the click. :/

The 30-pin connector has suffered a chip on the left edge. It's barely noticable. But it's there. I've had it in a case from day 1 and have protected it like it's gold. I have no idea how it got there.

The volume rocker is a bit loose. Is it glued on or what? I don't think it's supposed to be like that. I can't wiggle it from side to side entirely, but it feels loose.

What happens next? Do I have to send it to the store to get it repaired? It's not an Apple store I bought it from. Do I get a refurbished 32GB Wi-Fi? That particular iPad 2 model is discontinued.

Any help is much appreciated.
iPad2013 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 02:36 PM   #2
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

Take it to your nearest Apple store. It's an Apple product regardless of where you purchased it, and it's still under warranty.
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 02:37 PM   #3
CNeufeld
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPad2013 View Post
Greetings everyone!

First time poster here.

About 8 months ago, I bought a brand new and sealed iPad 2, 32GB Wi-Fi model. I've had a few problems with it ever since.

The home button is recessed. A lot. I mean, it's not clicky as my iPhone 5, or my brother's iPad 2, or my mother's iPad 4. It's recessed. Sometimes I can't even hear the click. :/

The 30-pin connector has suffered a chip on the left edge. It's barely noticable. But it's there. I've had it in a case from day 1 and have protected it like it's gold. I have no idea how it got there.

The volume rocker is a bit loose. Is it glued on or what? I don't think it's supposed to be like that. I can't wiggle it from side to side entirely, but it feels loose.

What happens next? Do I have to send it to the store to get it repaired? It's not an Apple store I bought it from. Do I get a refurbished 32GB Wi-Fi? That particular iPad 2 model is discontinued.

Any help is much appreciated.
I doubt you'll get a free replacement iPad for a button that's not "clicky" enough, or a barely noticable chip or a volume rocker that is a little loose. But you could check with Apple and see if it's still under warranty. Otherwise, you could check the out of warranty replacement costs. Should be cheaper than a new one. They keep replacement stock, even if the model is discontinued. My daughter recently got a replacement for her several generation iPod.

Clint
CNeufeld is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 02:41 PM   #4
iPad2013
Banned

Thanks a lot for your answers.

I live in Scandinavia. We are not fortunate enough to have Apple stores around these parts

It's 8 months old. Here we have a 24 month warranty.
iPad2013 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:02 PM   #5
CNeufeld
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPad2013 View Post
Thanks a lot for your answers.

I live in Scandinavia. We are not fortunate enough to have Apple stores around these parts

It's 8 months old. Here we have a 24 month warranty.
You could try calling the Apple Support line for your country, and see what they say. They must have a process in place to get stuff fixed...

Clint
CNeufeld is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting