Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UncleheFTy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
Cheshire
Good morrow all,

I have an infuriating problem with iPhoto - probably something I have done but when I try to load it this message comes up:
"Your photo library is either in use by another application or has become unreadable."

It then tells me to shut down and restart - no success
To rebuild the library - no success
Reopen while pressing Option + Command - didn't work
Restore from a back up - not possible as this isn't backed up but I have an old library that hasn't been updated since July

Can anyone out there tell me if there is a way to restore my latest library - held on a standalone hard drive, perhaps using Disk Utility, or some other. Any help grateful;;y received.

Uncle H

woolyback

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
England
Odd - just got the same problem with my iPhoto library, be interested to know the quickest way to solve it. If I find out will post back...

UncleheFTy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
Cheshire
Odd - just got the same problem with my iPhoto library, be interested to know the quickest way to solve it. If I find out will post back...
I looked for a programme called iphotolibrarymanager on giggle, it helps you to rebuild the library, but adds a second copy so could be a tad intensive, memory wise. Since then its worked fine.
Uncle H

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.