Why do people defend Android so much here? [Moved from iPhone forum] - Page 12 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Dec 4, 2012, 07:36 AM   #276
louis.b
Banned

Yeah I've seen that guy too. Can't remember the exact name but I still remember he got a lot of "thanks" for that. And the sad thing is he's not the only one.

Last edited by maflynn; Dec 10, 2012 at 10:24 AM.
louis.b is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:26 AM   #277
AutoUnion39
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oletros View Post
Ah, you have not changed. The problem is not Android or iOS, it is you
He's got a valid point. There are some hardcore iOS haters on XDA, etc.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:39 AM   #278
Oletros
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion39 View Post
Yes, and there were some hardcore WM haters on XDA, and there are hardcore Microsoft or Android haters here, so what?
Oletros is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:47 AM   #279
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion39 View Post
There are but you can't judge a whole community by that. Similarly there are some hardcore Android haters on this site too but they hardly represent the majority.

I will admit that some people on sites like XDA, Engadget go overboard with their Apple hate, but these are just trolls. It's always been popular to hate Apple and with Android being a direct competitor to iOS, many trolls took the opportunity to spread their Apple hate.

However as an Android user, I don't associate myself with these people and I wish others wouldn't either.
dalbir4444 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:54 AM   #280
iAll
macrumors member

Let it go guys. You refer to IOS and Droid as if they were people. They're only friggin' phones already, who cares? If you wish to hate something/one, pic lawyers, politicians and/or commercials. Now that's within reason!
iAll is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 04:08 PM   #281
tech4all
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAll View Post
Let it go guys. You refer to IOS and Droid as if they were people. They're only friggin' phones already, who cares? If you wish to hate something/one, pic lawyers, politicians and/or commercials. Now that's within reason!
That's the problem, some people here, both iFanBoys and FanDroids, actually think they're married to their phones. It be interesting to meet some of these hardcore phone lovers in real life.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 06:36 PM   #282
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis.b View Post
Tick Tock.

And believe me it was never my original intention to troll this section. If I dont like anything I'll try to ignore it. But since I see people post something which I believe is not true I feel tempted to talk back. After all if the internet trolls can show up here to bash Apple I think I should be entitled to voice my opinions as well.
Most people on this forum own iOS and Android devices, and are usually very reasonable, so I think you are referring to the wrong crowd. I think you are being over-sensitive.
dalbir4444 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 06:39 PM   #283
cnev3
macrumors 6502

Everyone should definitely own an Android and iOS phone and give both a good try and stick to what they like. Blind fanboys and narrow minded haters equally suck.
cnev3 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 07:02 PM   #284
cynics
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnev3 View Post
Everyone should definitely own an Android and iOS phone and give both a good try and stick to what they like. Blind fanboys and narrow minded haters equally suck.
Amen!
Old Dec 4, 2012, 07:19 PM   #285
mib1800
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnev3 View Post
I think a lot of Android users have used iOS products before. But, I suspect many iFans have not really used or touch an Android device at all. That's why you will come across many iFans posts on Android are pure nonsense or misinformation.
mib1800 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 02:05 AM   #286
flameproof
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisimo View Post
everyone likes to defend what they love.
I give a duck if people like what I use or not. I may have special reasons to use what I use that do not apply to you. And vice versa. What's perfect for you may not suit me.

I find the OS war entertaining, and I jump in here and then, but I don't really care what I use, or what you use. I use iOS now, but like to try something else - just for a change.
flameproof is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:35 AM   #287
maflynn

[MOD NOTE]
Stay on topic and stop the bickering.
maflynn is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 07:51 AM   #288
KnightWRX
macrumors Pentium

Quote:
Originally Posted by maflynn View Post
[MOD NOTE]
The topic is bickering.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:38 PM   #289
louis.b
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maflynn View Post
[MOD NOTE]
It's very nice of you to remove my entire posts. Look like nowadays when you talk bad things about Android you will be censored. At least do it fairly and punish other people as well.
louis.b is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:10 PM   #290
onthecouchagain
Banned

Quote:
It's very nice of you to remove my entire posts. Look like nowadays when you talk bad things about Android you will be censored. At least do it fairly and punish other people as well.
There's a whole thread that I created to talk specifically about nexus 4 and android 4.2 complaints. Thread hasn't been pulled.

What could the difference be...
onthecouchagain is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:17 PM   #291
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
They do.
dalbir4444 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:17 PM   #292
aerok
macrumors 65816

Quote:
So you're basically saying:

He did it first :'(

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices