Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Dec 4, 2012, 05:44 PM   #1
DaveTheRave
macrumors 6502

Wordpress themes and forums

I'm kicking around the idea of building a website that would be geared towards my local town. Not yet sure if it would be a blog, or a more of a regular website, but it would have some stuff that our town's official website is lacking. At first it would have some basic info, but I was thinking of possibly adding a discussion forum. I'm willing to pay for a nice polished Wordpress theme but noticed they don't include forums. I'm a website beginner and they only software I've used is Wordpress for another self-hosted blog. My hosting company (Dream Host) offers free forum software but I'm sure the style wouldn't match any Wordpress theme. Can anyone point me to Wordpress theme that includes forum software that "matches"?
DaveTheRave is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:33 AM   #2
dan1eln1el5en
macrumors regular

there are several ways of making a forum on a wordpress site, the easiest would be to find plugin that suites your needs (Check WPBB forums)

the theme will follow
dan1eln1el5en is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:09 AM   #3
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheRave View Post
I'm kicking around the idea of building a website that would be geared towards my local town. Not yet sure if it would be a blog, or a more of a regular website, but it would have some stuff that our town's official website is lacking. At first it would have some basic info, but I was thinking of possibly adding a discussion forum. I'm willing to pay for a nice polished Wordpress theme but noticed they don't include forums. I'm a website beginner and they only software I've used is Wordpress for another self-hosted blog. My hosting company (Dream Host) offers free forum software but I'm sure the style wouldn't match any Wordpress theme. Can anyone point me to Wordpress theme that includes forum software that "matches"?
WordPress has a side project called bbPress. You might look into it as they're pretty much the same foundation.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development