Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Dec 4, 2012, 07:00 PM   #1
elcid
macrumors 6502

ATV3 + Plex + Amzaon VOD Channel + iPad + AirPlay

Plex works great for most of my needs. With the Plex remote and AirPlay, I can play anything easily on the ATV.

My question is this: as the ability to use AirPlay in an application is based on the container application, could I use the Amazon VOD channel to stream from my iPad to my ATV. It may seem more convoluted, but I love the Plex remote, so it would work pretty well.

Used my trial long ago (don't really want to sign up for another account); hoping someone here could give me yay or nay.
elcid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 07:01 PM   #2
marc11
macrumors 68000

The Plex iOS app is the one that controls airplay, so I am pretty certain if it plays on your iOS device via the Plex app you can airplay it. I haven't come across any content within the Plex app that I was not able to airplay.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater