Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SchuettS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
Im on the phone with applecare because they denied to fix my iPhone 4 saying that the back is not oem. The guy is saying that it doesnt have the FCC markings or trash can. I never replaced the back. Are verizons different?

Been on the phone for an hour with them...

Please post pics of your verizon iphone 4

Last edited:

acorntoy

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Verizon iphone 4 does NOT have those markings. It only came with the AT&T version.

SAMtheGAM

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Im on the phone with applecare because they denied to fix my iPhone 4 saying that the back is not oem. The guy is saying that it doesnt have the FCC markings or trash can. I never replaced the back. Are verizons different?

Been on the phone for an hour with them...

Please post pics of your verizon iphone 4

Verizon iPhone 4 does not have the FC, trashcan with x, CE, 0682, and ! within circle icons on the back of iPhone. Only the GSM versions have these logos

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
The Verizon iPhone 4 never had all the icons / markings. Some of those are requirements for other counties. The iphone 4 CDMA was made for Verizon and therefore it didn't have all those markings.

Try to find some reviews of the iphone when it came out for Verizon, you will be able to spot the difference.

SchuettS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
Basically I was told i was a liar and was denied service. I showed the supervisor pictures and everything. He said he talked with his employees with verizon iPhones and they had the markings. Im having a hard time typing I am so frustrated.

This is the pic that apple sent me.

Attachments

• C8QGG08VDDP7_2976-1.JPG
    C8QGG08VDDP7_2976-1.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,841
Last edited:

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Basically I was told i was a liar and was denied service. I showed the supervisor pictures and everything. He said he talked with his employees with verizon iPhones and they had the markings. Im having a hard time typing I am so frustrated.

This is the pic that apple sent me.
Everyone just told you

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
yzusydy2.jpg

Verizon iPhone 4 32gb purchased through verizon themselves. The back looks a little matte because of the back protector. Every part is completely original.

greenchiliman

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2010
Chicago
Seems like you should be able to call them back from an apple store and have them pull some verizon ip4 to see what is up. Redic they would allege non-oem back.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Wow, that really sucks that you have to fight and argue with a bunch of misinformed apple reps.
I would send someone higher up an email and explain to them what happened and how their own employees dont know their own product they try to service and provide support for.
Email your issue to this email address below and hopefully someone higher up and more educated will contact you and will handle your situation. tcook@apple.com
Good luck and let us know how it went.

Attachments

• smCDMAiPhone4-3728.jpg
    smCDMAiPhone4-3728.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 4,216

SAMtheGAM

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Wow, that really sucks that you have to fight and argue with a bunch of misinformed apple reps.
I would send someone higher up an email and explain to them what happened and how their own employees dont know their own product they try to service and provide support for.
Email your issue to this email address below and hopefully someone higher up and more educated will contact you and will handle your situation. tcook@apple.com

I would bring the iPhone 4 to an Apple Retail Store if you have one near you. Then the genius may be able to replace your iphone 4 on the spot for you.

SchuettS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008

Showd the first supervisor these exact pics, said he read the bottom and seen mixed reviews???? I dont know what he meant.

Im definitely filing a complaint. I spent 3 hrs last night talking with applecare and basically got no where. They were acting like this was the first verizon iphone 4 to get serviced by applecare. Every photo I found online without the markings, they countered with saying it was a non oem back plate.

I was nothing but nice,polite and patient for the first 2.5 hrs and on top of that i just worked a 12 hr shift.

My friend from work just got a replacement verizon iphone 4 from applecare because the top button failed.. Guess what, no markings on his either, they didnt buy that.

----------

Verizon iPhone 4 32gb purchased through verizon themselves. The back looks a little matte because of the back protector. Every part is completely original.

I wouldve been told that was a non oem back plate and that there would be no way possible it could be sold without those markings.....

----------

I would bring the iPhone 4 to an Apple Retail Store if you have one near you. Then the genius may be able to replace your iphone 4 on the spot for you.

nearest store is 6 hrs away.. thats why I didnt.

propalitet

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2011
Wow...

Show him this video, it's from the official keynote (you can hear the Verizon/apple guys in the background), and if he says this is non original back than he is a complete idiot. In that case ask to speak to his supervisor, go as much to the top as you can. Tell you will email media, blogs, Tim Cook, and mention his name every time...

Anyways, here:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/11/verizon-iphone-first-hands-on/
On 2:00, you can see the back.

I attached a screenshot also.

Attachments

• verizoniphone4.jpg
    verizoniphone4.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 290

SchuettS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
I talked to a supervisor and supposedly a senior exec last night. They are going to be calling me later tonight when I get off of work. I cannot believe I have already spent three hours trying to show them my phones back is oem and I still have gotten anywhere. 10 ppl at my work have verizon iphone 4's. I checked today, no fcc markings or trash can exactly like mine.

I do not know why they are acting like they have never serviced a verizon iphone 4.

I have always had great luck with apple and applecare.. until now.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
I talked to a supervisor and supposedly a senior exec last night. They are going to be calling me later tonight when I get off of work. I cannot believe I have already spent three hours trying to show them my phones back is oem and I still have gotten anywhere. 10 ppl at my work have verizon iphone 4's. I checked today, no fcc markings or trash can exactly like mine.

I do not know why they are acting like they have never serviced a verizon iphone 4.

I have always had great luck with apple and applecare.. until now.

just reading about it makes me want to hit myself in the balls with a hammer. Hope it all works out. Did you try explaining to them how the verizon one doesnt need those markings due to it being sold in the US only? or just ask them why they are on the GSM..what do those markings actually mean? i bet they cant tell you that.

May the force be with you.

darkside flow

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Toronto
Wow.. regardless of if you get a resolution with the level of management you're currently speaking to, I definitely urge you to send this story as high up the chain as possible. There is absolutely no excuse for Apple's inability to verify an Apple product and some serious re-training needs to occur with the reps responsible.

SchuettS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
just reading about it makes me want to hit myself in the balls with a hammer. Hope it all works out. Did you try explaining to them how the verizon one doesnt need those markings due to it being sold in the US only? or just ask them why they are on the GSM..what do those markings actually mean? i bet they cant tell you that.

May the force be with you.

Thanks.. Lastnight I did not know the reason why it doesnt have the markings so I didnt mention that but will tonight.

----------

Wow.. regardless of if you get a resolution with the level of management you're currently speaking to, I definitely urge you to send this story as high up the chain as possible. There is absolutely no excuse for Apple's inability to verify an Apple product and some serious re-training needs to occur with the reps responsible.

I agree with the training, it needs to be looked at. The first supervisor had the attitude that he knew everything and that it was indeed fake. I have his name and number thankfully to report to apple. Heres what I dont get, both higher ups said that employees in the building with verizon iphone 4's had those symbols. I feel like Im being lied to so they dont have to admit they are wrong or know they are.

Very frustrating, I will report back later tonight.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Did you get in contact through Tim cooks email?
You need to go higher up cause these uninformed reps are just waisting your time.
Shouldnt be that hard to replace an iphone and take so much back and forth and energy.
Hope they make it up to you somehow in the end.
This is nonsense.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Wow...

Show him this video, it's from the official keynote (you can hear the Verizon/apple guys in the background), and if he says this is non original back than he is a complete idiot. In that case ask to speak to his supervisor, go as much to the top as you can. Tell you will email media, blogs, Tim Cook, and mention his name every time...

Anyways, here:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/11/verizon-iphone-first-hands-on/
On 2:00, you can see the back.

I attached a screenshot also.
That's a little extreme. Since he is in the US he could just go to an Apple Store or speak to a different person.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.