Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Received my bunker bamboo case today. WOW!!! It is amazing. It is much thinner too than the images show. It fits nice and snug. Couldn't be happier after a looonnngg decision process. Thanks to Jon at Twig. These cases are mint.

RMferrer

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2007
Got my case today and wow! Remarkable craftsmanship, fits very snug.

Currently I have a skinomi screen protector front and back. It is VERY snug and will most likey be removing the back protector when the bodyguardz pure screen comes in.

Thanks again guys!

DanielCoffey

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2010
Edinburgh, UK
Well as promised, here are pics of my Twig Case Plain Bamboo along with the BodyGuardz Pure glass screen protector. It looks wonderful on the white iPhone 5 and there is significant variation from case to case with the position of the bamboo "knots"...

TwigCaseBambooBack.jpg

For those folks who play MahJong, you may have seen the bone and bamboo tiles. When I saw the bamboo Twig Case, it reminded me of their appearance. The set I have here is between eighty and ninety years old and the bamboo in that set is much denser than in the Twig Case (as well as being polished and lacquered) but the resemblance is there...

TwigCaseBambooBackTiles.jpg

Flipping the phone over, that black screen on the white phone looks so smart with the dark edge of the Twig Case...

TwigCaseBambooFrontTiles.jpg

It is just crying out for a mahjong-themed wallpaper...

TwigCaseBambooFrontScreen.jpg

I will post the wallpapers that I have created in the iPhone 5 Wallpapers forum in a little while for critique but I think this case, phone and screen protector make a nice combination.

Well done TwigCase for designing these cases.

jcapz

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
Well as promised, here are pics of my Twig Case Plain Bamboo along with the BodyGuardz Pure glass screen protector. It looks wonderful on the white iPhone 5 and there is significant variation from case to case with the position of the bamboo "knots"...

For those folks who play MahJong, you may have seen the bone and bamboo tiles. When I saw the bamboo Twig Case, it reminded me of their appearance. The set I have here is between eighty and ninety years old and the bamboo in that set is much denser than in the Twig Case (as well as being polished and lacquered) but the resemblance is there...

Flipping the phone over, that black screen on the white phone looks so smart with the dark edge of the Twig Case...

It is just crying out for a mahjong-themed wallpaper...

I will post the wallpapers that I have created in the iPhone 5 Wallpapers forum in a little while for critique but I think this case, phone and screen protector make a nice combination.

Well done TwigCase for designing these cases.
Great post thanks! I'm thinking of getting this same one eventually. Question...does it seem like the aluminum will scratch from putting the case on and taking it off from time to time? Or is the inside smoothly made? Thanks in advance for your reply.

DanielCoffey

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2010
Edinburgh, UK
The inside is smooth and there are pads of microfibre material on the major flat areas too.

The lower half is designed to be pulled off and on to allow docking for when you have a lightning dock without adjustable height of the connector so I would assume it is safe. After all, the Richlite material is softer than the aluminium of the phone.

If you got grit in-between the phone and case then it would scratch regardless of which case you had fitted.

TannersDad

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
Shipping schedule

Posting this for anyone else in the same boat. I was getting a bit worried by my continued "unfulfilled" status and the absence of any obvious contact info on the Twig site. I am happy to report that I just received notice that my One Tree case that I ordered on 12/6 shipped 12/18. Really looking forward to seeing it in real life.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Posting this for anyone else in the same boat. I was getting a bit worried by my continued "unfulfilled" status and the absence of any obvious contact info on the Twig site. I am happy to report that I just received notice that my One Tree case that I ordered on 12/6 shipped 12/18. Really looking forward to seeing it in real life.

Nice. I am waiting on the black bunker. Also received my shipping info!!

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
Pre-Order Stragglers & stuff

Hey all - I don't know if there are any on here, but I'm posting to remind anyone who had an iPhone 5 case pre-order that the codes are going to expire at the end of the year!

Don't let the Mayan Apocalypse of cases happen to you! Get on in there :)

Also, a huge thanks to all you MR folks - you kept us busy with 4 and 5 cases! We're excited about next year and will be bringing out some sweet new stuff.

Never hesitate to email us with any questions! :D

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
Hi all - I'd like to compile a list of screen protectors that work with our cases, as there are a zillion out there, and one of us.

Can everyone post what they're using?

Last edited:

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
In honor of our one-thousandth "like" on Facebook, (and cause we're swell) discount code 'bamboozled' at checkout will get you 20% off for the next 20 days! :D

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
These cases are stunning. I would order one now, but from the few photos I have see the lightning port opening looks way to tight and would be too small for the dock I have.

Can anyone comment?

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
These cases are stunning. I would order one now, but from the few photos I have see the lightning port opening looks way to tight and would be too small for the dock I have.

Can anyone comment?

If you have the 30 pin to lightning plug - it won't fit. (I don't think that fits any 'enclosed' case.)

If you have the 30 pin to lightning cable adapter, it will. :)

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
If you have the 30 pin to lightning plug - it won't fit. (I don't think that fits any 'enclosed' case.)

If you have the 30 pin to lightning cable adapter, it will. :)

Thanks, I was not actually referring to the adapters (I don't have one) but if the cabled adaptor fits then my dock probably will. But it's a lot to spend on a case though to find out it won't.

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
Thanks, I was not actually referring to the adapters (I don't have one) but if the cabled adaptor fits then my dock probably will. But it's a lot to spend on a case though to find out it won't.

Well, you do get a 30 day, "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!" period to check it out, fall in love, plan a candlelit dinner, propose on bended knee, and tie the knot.

No pressure. ;)

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Well, you do get a 30 day, "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!" period to check it out, fall in love, plan a candlelit dinner, propose on bended knee, and tie the knot.

No pressure. ;)

Lol, that was probably the best sales ever pitch i have ever heard. :D

I actually already do love your cases but as I'm in the UK the shipping would be expensive.

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
Lol, that was probably the best sales ever pitch i have ever heard. :D

I actually already do love your cases but as I'm in the UK the shipping would be expensive.

Mid-afternoon caffeine is a beautiful thing :) Many of our cases are available from our Russian distributor: Gembox.ru. Don't know what shipping would be like from there or how the exchange rate might affect the $, so YMMV.

Otherwise - there is that 'bamboozled' 20% off code, which would pay for shipping.

You could also move to Minnesota, and I could bring one to your house. ;)

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
Apparently our site was down for some time (waiting until I wasn't looking!), but is now back up.

I've extended our 20% discount code 'YouAreSwell' for anyone who missed the deadline. :D

bloodyredd

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2012
Hey there! Since I saw this thread awhile ago, I would share that I asked my Aunt from the United States to order a blue Meander for me. What should I expect? It really looks good and I can't decide whether to go for a bamboo design or the meander.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
After months of case searching I am back here. Overall I think the Twig Case is the best all around slim protective case. Ordered a all black bunker. Should have never let it go.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Twig Case customer service (aka Jon @ Twig) is the best. I was torn whether or not to purchase this case on multiple occasions. Tried a brown bunker but knew my heart was with the black. Ordered a custom case and cant wait to receive it. Thanks Jon & Twig Case. Oh if you have ANY questions you will get a personal solid response, and if your lucky some humor. :D

dwa2011

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2011
Northwest Atlanta
Twig Case customer service (aka Jon @ Twig) is the best. I was torn whether or not to purchase this case on multiple occasions. Tried a brown bunker but knew my heart was with the black. Ordered a custom case and cant wait to receive it. Thanks Jon & Twig Case. Oh if you have ANY questions you will get a personal solid response, and if your lucky some humor. :D

I have to second this. Jon is always a great guy to work with. I love my "Bubble Up" Case! I use it everyday!

DSC01039.JPG DSC01044.JPG
DSC01038.JPG

Gotta Love it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.