Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
Trust me, csat is more important than anything. You were correct a while back when you said it's about fixing the customer more than anything. You are at the mercy of someone else correctly and fairly judging you in a survey... Not so exciting.

You are right. Everything is about your CSTAT scores.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
You are right. Everything is about your CSTAT scores.

My csats are actually pretty good overall but I've already been called on the carpet for not selling enough APP's.

Bottom line... I'm too old and have worked in tech too long. I cringe every time I put on the headset. Put me in a server room, leave me alone and I'm happy as a bug in a rug... this phone stuff is best suited for young people that are already devoted members of the Apple ecosystem.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
The more you talk about it the more it seems this just isn't the job for you. I would trade cues with you though if that we're possible! I'm also not a big phone fan but I'm going to school for software engineering so this atleast gets my foot in the door to possibly snag one of the Cupertino gigs.

I am certainly self-aware enough to know that this job isn't for me. I knew early on that I probably would not enjoy it but I do not have the luxury of hopping tech jobs like I did in the 90's. I can fake it well enough to get some of the best stats in our group but the fact remains that the job is entry level customer service... not too many rungs above a Walmart greeter. I'll stick it out while interviewing for network admin jobs but if they shift us to full time I'll need prozac by the end of Jan.

jonkss2

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2012
I am certainly self-aware enough to know that this job isn't for me. I knew early on that I probably would not enjoy it but I do not have the luxury of hopping tech jobs like I did in the 90's. I can fake it well enough to get some of the best stats in our group but the fact remains that the job is entry level customer service... not too many rungs above a Walmart greeter. I'll stick it out while interviewing for network admin jobs but if they shift us to full time I'll need prozac by the end of Jan.

lol Prozac, I used to do remote support service for Geek Squad contracted position, cstat was always above 95% I'm not a people person.but I always had good feedback.

I loved doing it. But customers will get to you lots of brakes between calls. lol

Over all I think I'd do very well with the position as we do not have to remote in and fix stuff much more easier IMO.
The pay is MUCH less I was getting over 40 an hour. Good days

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
lol Prozac, I used to do remote support service for Geek Squad contracted position, cstat was always above 95% I'm not a people person.but I always had good feedback.

I loved doing it. But customers will get to you lots of brakes between calls. lol

Over all I think I'd do very well with the position as we do not have to remote in and fix stuff much more easier IMO.
The pay is MUCH less I was getting over 40 an hour. Good days

Yep.. During the 8 hour shifts I'll have to stay out of the cue sometimes for a minute or 2 just to regroup or do a primal scream. Taking call after call after call can get to you, especially now that there's less than 10 seconds before the next call rolls in. When I started we had 2 to 3 minutes between calls... now it's 6 - 7 seconds.

Pilot DC

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2012
Yep.. During the 8 hour shifts I'll have to stay out of the cue sometimes for a minute or 2 just to regroup or do a primal scoream. Taking call after call after call can get to you, especially now that there's less than 10 seconds before the next call rolls in. When I started we had 2 to 3 minutes between calls... now it's 6 - 7 seconds.

Just as busy in CPU. Often cancelling offline and SGT time lately.

This is a customer service job. Anyone getting over zealous about some tech job, are going to be dissapointed. All the certs, experience, and tech savvy mean little to nothing. Customer satisfaction means everything.

Citychic

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
New York-Dallas, USA
It was fun! A lot of bacon drawing!

Congrats to all of your first day being yesterday!

----------

This is a customer service job. Anyone getting over zealous about some tech job, are going to be dissapointed. All the certs, experience, and tech savvy mean little to nothing. Customer satisfaction means everything.

I totally agree... Tmo is test one in CPU .. A lot of info but it can be a bit overwhelming! But my team is great can seem to complain... And it's definitely not your typical training which is a snooze fest you have to definitely stay awake and alert and pay attention!

Rootlus

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Sounds like they may be backed up? My recent 3rd interview went well and the manager even stated he liked my answers. I felt like the interview couldn't have went smoother honestly.

Said however that it could take up to 2 weeks to receive a notification for whether or not I was selected for the job. OI!

So I guess I'm stuck waiting for an email either way. Starting to sweat because in a few weeks I'll no longer have any source of income. Yikes!

Anyone else who has been targeted for the 1/28 class had a similar experience?

Just had my 3rd interview the other day. Got an email today for my background check. I'm hoping that is a good sign. Can't imagine the company wasting te money on a background check for someone they didn't plan on hiring. Does anyone know if the jan 28th hire date is for iOS or CPU?

Citychic

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
New York-Dallas, USA
I found this quote interesting yet cocky!

“When Steve Jobs unveiled Mac OS X at Macworld Expo in 2000, he said his goal was to oversee the creation of an interface so attractive, “you just want to lick it.”

Loveeeeee it!

Just Mel

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
Just had my 3rd interview the other day. Got an email today for my background check. I'm hoping that is a good sign. Can't imagine the company wasting te money on a background check for someone they didn't plan on hiring. Does anyone know if the jan 28th hire date is for iOS or CPU?

My second interview was with a Team Manager last week for the 1/28 class and she said was it is definitely CPU.

I asked if there would be any further interviews to schedule, she said "No, you should hear from HR within the next week or two."

Since this was only my second interview, and I wasn't moved onto a third interview with a hiring manager, I guess I'm not what they are looking for.

To say the least... I am disappointed. Crushed even!

Good luck to all along your path with Apple!

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012

I know you guys are pretty busy too, I have a dashboard widget for the monsterboard and will check the CPU cue from time to time. And yeah, our SGT and offline time almost always gets cancelled and I have SGT's piling up. I was under the impression that CPU was far more tech support oriented than customer service but I imagine you guys get your share of Apple ID issues also.

While this job does have a few perks such as working from home, health ins. and it pays more than minimum; the longer I do it, the less hands on time I have with servers, databases and other stuff that I normally do:(

sun.shyne

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
My second interview was with a Team Manager last week for the 1/28 class and she said was it is definitely CPU.

I asked if there would be any further interviews to schedule, she said "No, you should hear from HR within the next week or two."

Since this was only my second interview, and I wasn't moved onto a third interview with a hiring manager, I guess I'm not what they are looking for.

To say the least... I am disappointed. Crushed even!

Good luck to all along your path with Apple!

Just Mel - I'm not sure, but I only had two FT interviews (1/28 CPU training), my second was with a Team Manager. He said the same thing to me about HR, but a few hours later I received the background check.

I don't think every interview goes through a hiring manager. I could be wrong, and find my self getting the "Thanks for coming" email, but I don't think the background check would proceed if they weren't moving forward.

Just my experience. Maybe it'll give you hope!

appleEater1

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
Anybody apply for Orlando FL position posted 11/15 and heard back ? I applied after Thanksgiving and haven't seen any replies yet :confused:

Pilot DC

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2012
I know you guys are pretty busy too, I have a dashboard widget for the monsterboard and will check the CPU cue from time to time. And yeah, our SGT and offline time almost always gets cancelled and I have SGT's piling up. I was under the impression that CPU was far more tech support oriented than customer service but I imagine you guys get your share of Apple ID issues also.

While this job does have a few perks such as working from home, health ins. and it pays more than minimum; the longer I do it, the less hands on time I have with servers, databases and other stuff that I normally do:(

Well compared to iOS, I'm sure it is more actual tech support the caveat being they want you to service the CX and get that survey more than anything. I'm a problem solver and tend to want to fix the problem more than anything, and that can lead to long calls instead of escalating.
I do get to trouble shoot mail, migrations, bootcamp issues etc, but yea, I get Apple ID issues and iCloud problems which I hate to deal with.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Well compared to iOS, I'm sure it is more actual tech support the caveat being they want you to service the CX and get that survey more than anything. I'm a problem solver and tend to want to fix the problem more than anything, and that can lead to long calls instead of escalating.
I do get to trouble shoot mail, migrations, bootcamp issues etc, but yea, I get Apple ID issues and iCloud problems which I hate to deal with.

I'm with you on the non escalation but it does tend to increase AHT. And yeah, there are days I feel like I'm on the Apple ID hotline :(

roger306

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2012
Anybody apply for Orlando FL position posted 11/15 and heard back ? I applied after Thanksgiving and haven't seen any replies yet :confused:

Didn't apply in Orlando, FL but I did apply for San Antonio, TX posted on the 15th and still haven't heard anything either.

appleEater1

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
Didn't apply in Orlando, FL but I did apply for San Antonio, TX posted on the 15th and still haven't heard anything either.

guess were in the same boat. Well looks like the next class isn't until the end of January so there appears to be time. Fingers Crossed for us both:D

ciscob0x

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012

I'd say that's a good sign. I've yet to receive an email after my 3rd interview. Granted, there are probably other factors for WHEN you get the email. I'm sure different hiring managers have different numbers of people they are interviewing, creating busier working schedules or what not.

I'm just hoping I get an email either way soon because I need to start planning for an Option B. And I really don't want to get hired somewhere else and then tell them I'm quitting before I even start. Of course, I've got to FIND that job first.

roger306

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2012
guess were in the same boat. Well looks like the next class isn't until the end of January so there appears to be time. Fingers Crossed for us both:D

Yes we are. I've been waiting patiently for an email. Idk how much longer I can wait. lol

techsrus

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
Yes we are. I've been waiting patiently for an email. Idk how much longer I can wait. lol

i applied nov 27 and no call or email yet either. i was getting mopey this morning, but reading that you guys have not heard yet makes me feel better

that didn't come out right :)

appleEater1

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
i applied nov 27 and no call or email yet either. i was getting mopey this morning, but reading that you guys have not heard yet makes me feel better

that didn't come out right :)

I figured there would be a delay due to the holiday, others in the thread have waited two weeks or more so I wasn't getting to bummed. I was getting worried when I found out about the Dec 3rd class I was like no that posting was for Dec 3rd but reading about the 1/28 has put me back at ease. Still holding out.:(

themayorr

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2012
Exam 1

I passed my exam 1. It wasnt hard but the way they word the questions will confuse the heck out of you! The questions are very very tricky. Proof read is the best advice I can give regarding the exams

appleEater1

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
I passed my exam 1. It wasnt hard but the way they word the questions will confuse the heck out of you! The questions are very very tricky. Proof read is the best advice I can give regarding the exams

Congratulations on making it to the following week. however, the real exam has just begun :rolleyes: lol Do They have a knowledge database ?

fizzydunlop

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
Allentown, PA
Im still waiting on HireRight to fix something they messed up, it's been a horrible experience and it's taking so long I'm not sure where I stand as far as the job offer goes. I'll keep you guys posted and if anyone else is having problems with HireRight background check please share! :) :apple:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.