Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:01 AM   #51
daveathall
macrumors 68000
 
daveathall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod3rror View Post
And it lags.
I stopped reading right there, you obviously haven't used or appraised any up to date Android device and are just regurgitating hearsay. People should stop using that "comfort blanket" in any debate, it just negates any credibility that they might have.

I have used every iPhone from the 3GS up to and including the superb iPhone 5 and prefer (for the time being) my SGS3 and Nexus 4, if there had been any lag on either of them, any at all, I would be using the iPhone 5 in their place.

Last edited by daveathall; Dec 5, 2012 at 07:54 AM.
daveathall is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:59 PM   #52
mikegasol
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluggage View Post

However, the Apple 'ecosystem' works really well for music, photos and video, and Android really can't match it. For these things, drag-and-drop doesn't cut it, you want *sync* which intelligently only copies new/changed files and also transfers your playlists.
I disagree. I hate having to sync with itunes and much prefer to drag and drop. Also, the fact that you can only sync your device to 1 itunes is absurd. When I had an iphone, I had a hard drive crash and had to replace it as well as a fresh version of OSx. Couldn't sync my iphone to my new computer because it was still syned to the old one and I would b have to erase it to sync with tje new itunes, iphoto etc..in this day and age of technology, thats just inexcusable. I had to download iexplorer copy all my songs from my phone to my new itunes and then sync them back again with new songs. Apple really needs to get with the times in things like this.
mikegasol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 01:26 PM   #53
Switchback666
macrumors 65816
 
Switchback666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Caribbean
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegasol View Post
I disagree. I hate having to sync with itunes and much prefer to drag and drop. Also, the fact that you can only sync your device to 1 itunes is absurd. When I had an iphone, I had a hard drive crash and had to replace it as well as a fresh version of OSx. Couldn't sync my iphone to my new computer because it was still syned to the old one and I would b have to erase it to sync with tje new itunes, iphoto etc..in this day and age of technology, thats just inexcusable. I had to download iexplorer copy all my songs from my phone to my new itunes and then sync them back again with new songs. Apple really needs to get with the times in things like this.
Loved powntunes for that, you could add songs/videos by just drag N drop and still use itunes.

Doesnt change the fact that the itunes belt can be annoying but for people that got used to its probably the best way.
__________________
What is The B.D.S Movement ? Check it out, The B.D.S Movement !
FREEDOM, JUSTICE & EQUALITY !
Switchback666 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:52 PM   #54
Cod3rror
macrumors 68000
 
Cod3rror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynics View Post
I agree. I have multiple iOS devices. But i 'm talking about SHARED photo stream. Syncing photos amongst multiple Android devices is just as easy as iOS devices....
Oh, yea, I agree regarding Shared Photostream.
Cod3rror is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:04 PM   #55
sajakea
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljohn View Post
Cant speak about the Note 2 much but its a bit too big, AMOLED screens suck IMO and it has a very low ppi count. I have had the S3 since launch, still have it actually but I have been using the iPhone 5 since Oct 31st to try it out. Pretty sure I will be keeping the iPhone 5 and selling the S3. I will give you some detailed reasons rather than just give you a random answer. As a long time Android user, I got tired of my phones always being 1, 2 or even 3 updates behind and all the carrier bloatware on my phone. With the iPhone 5, I have the newest version of the OS as soon as its released and zero carrier BS.

I like the way the iPhone integrates with all of my other Apple products. I like the way it will display the artist, song and album on my car stereo head unit when I have my iPhone connected to it. It also charges it. I prefer the photo and video quality to any of the 8 Android phones I have owned. Its especially good at concerts from an audio standpoint. Apps like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are faster and higher quality on iOS. Then there is the reception, GPS and overall speed. My iPhone 5 gets better reception than my S3, the GPS locks faster and overall is a much faster device. the iPhone also has a better earpiece, speakerphone and overall build quality. Its also thinner and lighter than my S3.

So what about the S3 do I prefer over the iPhone? Having widgets is cool. Expandable memory via an SD card slot is great. Quick toggle access to wifi, bluetooth and other settings is great. The larger screen is nice to have although I prefer the quality and colors of the iPhone's display. Being able to drag and drop files and songs onto the S3 is much easier than syncing thru iTunes for everything. Both phones and systems have their pros and cons, I am leaning more towards keeping the iPhone 5 though.
nice review
sajakea is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:53 PM   #56
sajakea
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot spare View Post
Check this video about Note 2. This is just awesome!

Impressive!
sajakea is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Tags
galaxy, galaxy s3, galaxys3, note2, samsung

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Potentially Dangerous Root Exploit Found for Some Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 Devices SomeDudeAsking Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 6 Dec 22, 2012 01:30 PM
Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint Dolorian Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion 111 Sep 4, 2012 11:36 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC