Login Items -- Removing old SMB Share? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:52 PM   #1
A4orce84
macrumors regular

Login Items -- Removing old SMB Share?

Hey Everyone,

I am attempting to remove an old SMB share from my login items for my user account, but it won't allow me to do it. Here is what I am seeing:

As you can see it will not allow me to checkbox the SMB item, so I can't delete it. In addition, I'm not sure what the "unknown" kind means....I'm assuming it's trying to figure out if it's an application or not.

If anyone could provide any additional information or assistance, it would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,

--Asif
A4orce84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:57 AM   #2
fhall1
macrumors 68020

Did you unlock the lock on the left side (just out of your screencap)? Then the "+" and "-" should be available. You don't want to check the box next to the share to get rid of it, that just hides the icon at login. You want to select the item, then click the minus sign to remove it from the list.
fhall1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:27 AM   #3
A4orce84
macrumors regular

Yes, I unlocked the lock, but when I select the item the minus option becomes greyed out.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 02:37 PM   #4
talmy
macrumors 68040

Go to your Library folder (In Finder, hold down the option key and select Go->Library. Go into Preferences and delete com.apple.loginitems.plist. You will need to logout and in again. You will also have to add back in any login items you want, but it sounds like the file is corrupted.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:29 AM   #5
A4orce84
macrumors regular

Hey Talmy,

So I removed my loginitems.plist file, and now I see this:

I still get the error when I login, but not sure why the actual item entree updated itself to unknown. Either way, it looks like everything got removed but the actual problem-child item.

I still cannot click the minus sign to delete it, as you can see the checkbox is greyed out.

Anyone has any other ideas on how to REMOVE this thing?

Thanks,

--Asif
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:41 AM   #6
talmy
macrumors 68040

I just saw in your screenshot that this is a managed account. The login item is probably coming from the server so it cannot be deleted locally, and needs to be removed on the server.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:45 AM   #7
Ddyracer
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4orce84 View Post
Hey Talmy,

So I removed my loginitems.plist file, and now I see this:

I still get the error when I login, but not sure why the actual item entree updated itself to unknown. Either way, it looks like everything got removed but the actual problem-child item.

I still cannot click the minus sign to delete it, as you can see the checkbox is greyed out.

Anyone has any other ideas on how to REMOVE this thing?

Thanks,

--Asif
It looks like it might be some trace of simbl judging from the first screenshot. You probably have some leftover simbl files or you still have it installed.

Check your user library and your hardrive library, then look for a folder called application support. Then look for folder called simbl.
Ddyracer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:56 AM   #8
A4orce84
macrumors regular

No simbl in either library directory.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion