Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 5, 2012, 03:08 PM   #126
Stella
macrumors 603

Personally, I always thought that Coverflow was candy eye and nothing more so I'm not going to miss it.

I know others like it.. but apparently, those were in the minority. So its gone.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 03:12 PM   #127
TXCraig
macrumors 6502

Hummm

I thought the delay in the release of iTunes 11 was becuase "we wanted to get it right"... looks like that didn't happen. Apple needs to really get a handle on quality control. There was no develper beta for iTunes 11... so it was tested in bubble and we now seeing the result of that....
TXCraig is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 03:15 PM   #128
Morod
macrumors 65816

Bring back Cover Flow, please!
Old Dec 5, 2012, 03:32 PM   #129
OtherJesus
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrk View Post
I want to be able to re-size my album artwork

I don't understand why they felt the need to remove that feature.
Me too
OtherJesus is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 03:38 PM   #130
Porco
macrumors 68000

I'll never understand people using 'only a small minority liked X' as a justification for removing features... only a small minority of computer users use OS X at all, you'd think Apple would be a little more sensitive to accommodating the wishes of the minority when it doesn't really have to impact the majority in any way...
Old Dec 5, 2012, 03:43 PM   #131
RASTERMAN
macrumors newbie

R.I.P. Cover Flow...

I've been missing Cover Flow since upgrading to iTunes 11.

I used it primarily on the Mac mini attached to the TV and frequently on our desktop systems. I also use it extensively within the OS for quick previews of documents, so I hope it doesn't get removed in 10.9.

Cover Flow was one of the distinguishing features of iTunes. I'm sorry to see it gone.

I'm not a fan of the current static or fixed sized album art, though I don't mind the iOS Folder or "News Stand" style drop down track list.

For those that weren't CF fans, no one ever forced it's usage. I personally prefer more viewing options rather than less.

Cheers!

---RASTER

Last edited by RASTERMAN; Dec 5, 2012 at 04:31 PM. Reason: typo
RASTERMAN is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 03:44 PM   #132
melendezest
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gates View Post
Here is the deal with CoverFlow

IT WAS AN OPTION ! You didn't have to like it or use it at all !

For having your songs on shuffle with a stereo system hooked up to the TV it was Awesome !

Saying you're glad it's gone is stupid.
Agreed. I hate the loss of options, unless it speed things up or something better is introduced. Neither has happened here, as far as I can see.

One of the things that attracts me to Apple is the eye candy, both in hardware and software. In iTunes, Cover Flow was spectacular. I loved it. In the Finder? Nope. As usual, Apple gives and takes away simultaneously. Thank God for refurbs, and multiple OS partitions.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 03:57 PM   #133
adent1066
macrumors newbie

Wifi Sync and Remote App no longer work for me with iTunes 11

Am I the only one having this problem ??? (win7 pc btw)

Since the upgrade to iTunes 11, I can no longer use my Remote App from either my iPhone 5 or my iPad 2. iTunes refuses to recognize the devices.

The Remote app works with my Apple TV2, but not with iTunes

Also wifi sync no longer works, I can sync via usb cable, but no longer via wifi, same issue I think, it cannot recognize the devices on the same lan.

I even totally removed iTunes, Bonjour, Apple Mobile services, etc and reinstalled them & still no luck.

Please, please, please fix this
adent1066 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:02 PM   #134
JPChicago
macrumors regular

I haven't updated my iTunes yet. But I've been playing with it on a friends PC. Don't really like it. And my friend is having trouble burning CDs now. He said it says that there is no disc burner. Anyone have any tips for me please. This is actually my first post
JPChicago is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:09 PM   #135
musio
macrumors 68000

So we're ditching album art? No need for viewing art in full size? Everybody must be young here and never bought a record. Bring cover glow back. Icons are fine but album art is a culture that if hate to see die
musio is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:17 PM   #136
ep2002
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike MA View Post
Well, besides the disappearing Airplay symbol I mentioned above there's also a discussion going on here dealing with the recent Airplay connection issues:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1500679
Will look into it thanks for the link.
ep2002 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:23 PM   #137
MacFoodPoisoner
Banned

What's with the books section not showing up any categories for books? It's either all the books (audiobooks that is) on one page or nothing. Seriously apple?

As for cover flow, I don't get it, it's either cover flow everywhere in itunes, in the os, or not even an option for coverflow in itunes. Just put it back as a damn option, a lot of people seem to like it.

At least the brought back color for music, podcasts, books etc. That's a step forward, albeit, after one step backward so it's really zero sum.

The best thing about the new itunes to me is the background matching the album art. It really is a fabulous touch, it's sad though that such great touches on their software, are now 1/100 changes they implement, or close.
MacFoodPoisoner is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:36 PM   #138
mack120
macrumors newbie

Sync tool

How poor is the sync feature for IOS devices. If you have more than a couples of TV shows or films it becomes such a pain sorting, adding or deleting from the device is just ridiculous.

Any comments
mack120 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:53 PM   #139
Xano
macrumors member

Give Us Options!

- Bring Coverflow option
- Put back the cover art on the bottom left option
- Black background option
- I want to be able to re-size my album artwork

All this option will not change the initial Apple intentions, just bring costumers choices!
Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:59 PM   #140
Fresh Tendrils
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrynsmith View Post
Wow, am I glad to see Cover Flow gone. I found it to be one of the least usable UI developments of recent years. It read to me, from day one, as a hardware/OS showcase with little practical utility.
I agree that cover flow was a terrible way to browse a library, but a lot of people liked it, and it had it's uses. It looked great when you were using iTunes DJ. Fortunately/unfortunately that's not a problem because they removed itunes DJ as well

The one feature I was hoping they would bring back is the "Group Albums" option in grid view. It makes it a lot easier to quickly scroll through a large library and find what you want.

Last edited by Fresh Tendrils; Dec 5, 2012 at 05:05 PM.
Fresh Tendrils is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:35 PM   #141
Rumple
macrumors member

Cover flow is the only example where it's "cool" to ever see a photo of the album cover. The rest are just hideous cumbersome design features.
Rumple is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:39 PM   #142
LaundryCzar
macrumors newbie

I could not have said it better.

I could not have said it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrenthacker View Post
I'm probably the minority, but I used coverflow when listening to music on my computer. I liked being able to glance at my screen to see what album was playing when I shuffled my music. Also, they have gotten rid of the now playing window in the lower left. I used this for two things. First: Like coverflow, I was able to see what album was being played. 2: When adding new artwork to tracks (I prefer to add my own artwork), I could just drag and drop the artwork into this window and add it to multiple tracks at once. This option is now gone. Now I have to select each track individually, go to info, select artwork tab and add it. That is a pain in the buns when adding multiple tracks to my library. Does anyone know of another way?
LaundryCzar is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:55 PM   #143
jordanneo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtctt View Post
Has anyone been able to find if there is still a way to sort by the most recently added music? that is probably the most or 2nd most common way i sorted my music. if i buy a bunch of new stuff and just want to listen to it, i just want to sort that way and not have to create a "new" play list for it.
You can do this by going to "Songs" and sorting by "Date Added".

J
Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:08 PM   #144
heisenberg123
macrumors 603

dont forget about TV Series cover art, all seasons shows the cover for season 1
Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:14 PM   #145
gte747e
macrumors newbie

TV episode incorrectly marked as watched

I have a few season passes for TV shows and when I download them, they are not marked as "unwatched", and thus do not show up in the unwatched filter. It is a pain to find each of the episodes once downloaded and mark them as unwatched.
gte747e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:19 PM   #146
amps211
macrumors newbie

-The column browser in the album view mode.
-Duplicate finder.
-The bug where the column view keeps on resetting to the top.
-ability to remove the artwork next to the artists in the column so more artists are displayed.
amps211 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:20 PM   #147
MacFoodPoisoner
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post
Bring back multiple windows.

And also want to see the track progress when minimized like before. Now if I want to move on a track have to maximize the window and is often a pain, especially on podcasts where you need to skip forwards.
Well said, complete stupidity that they took away track progress this way, how on earth is someone going to navigate an audiobook or a podcast?
MacFoodPoisoner is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:27 PM   #148
Michaelgtrusa
macrumors 603

I respect Mossberg.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:30 PM   #149
nemaslov
macrumors 6502a

I used to love haven the album cover art full screen as I'm playing via airtunes to my stereo. So I guess I can't do that anymore?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:34 PM   #150
extensor
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musio View Post
So we're ditching album art? No need for viewing art in full size? Everybody must be young here and never bought a record. Bring cover glow back. Icons are fine but album art is a culture that if hate to see die
Click on the album art in the mini-player. See the art in its own resizable window. See the art change to reflect the album currently playing.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFoodPoisoner View Post
Well said, complete stupidity that they took away track progress this way, how on earth is someone going to navigate an audiobook or a podcast?
You can also navigate/scrub from the album art.
extensor is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion