Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
I have about 7 pages of apps, any tips how to organize and use folders? Is like maybe 2 pages tops with apps.

Maybe you can post a screenshot of your home screen.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
I have about 7 pages of apps, any tips how to organize and use folders? Is like maybe 2 pages tops with apps.

Maybe you can post a screenshot of your home screen.

Simple, Keep your frequently used apps on the "Home Screen" meaning first one along with Phone, Messages, Safari (or other browser) and Mail (or another app that you use more than mail) on your Dock.

Second Page you can make folders with various types of apps such as "Business", "Games", "Social Networking", "Travel", "News" Etc.

Once Jailbreak is out I will make Dock have 5 icons just because I like having a music app with ease of access on the Dock and install my favorite tweak called "Zephyr" which allows you to do swipe out of apps instead of using home button:)

My layout may not be efficient for you, but for me it works as I do just fine with my setup, I have been having similar setup on my iPhone's since 3GS days and haven't changed it much as my mind and fingers are used to getting to those apps in those locations on the screen.

Attachments

• iPhone 5-1.jpeg
    iPhone 5-1.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 53
  • iPhone5-2.jpeg
    iPhone5-2.jpeg
    279.9 KB · Views: 50

Zerozal

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
PA
Funny you should bring up this topic. I just spent quite a while last weekend restructuring my screens from 6 down to 1. Here's a screenshot of my new, single-screen setup.

The dock holds what I consider to be the most important built-in functions--phone, internet, music, and camera. The row across the top are the most important apps, and ones that I need to know at a glance if there are any notifications--mail, calendar, IM, and OmniFocus. Then, all of my other apps are now organized in folders by category. They are social, reference, utilities, travel, media, "simple" games, and "complex" games. I'm using emoji as the folder names for added simplicity.

You may notice that there is another page on the right--that's for a folder with all the unused apps or apps that I have a better replacement for (stocks, weather, calculator, etc), and of course the dreaded newsstand. I never have to swipe to this screen.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1545.PNG
    IMG_1545.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 65

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Funny you should bring up this topic. I just spent quite a while last weekend restructuring my screens from 6 down to 1. Here's a screenshot of my new, single-screen setup.

The dock holds what I consider to be the most important built-in functions--phone, internet, music, and camera. The row across the top are the most important apps, and ones that I need to know at a glance if there are any notifications--mail, calendar, IM, and OmniFocus. Then, all of my other apps are now organized in folders by category. They are social, reference, utilities, travel, media, "simple" games, and "complex" games. I'm using emoji as the folder names for added simplicity.

You may notice that there is another page on the right--that's for a folder with all the unused apps or apps that I have a better replacement for (stocks, weather, calculator, etc), and of course the dreaded newsstand. I never have to swipe to this screen.

Hope that helps.

Wow that's very neat. Like the way you arrange your apps. Kudos to you man.:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.