Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:15 PM   #1126
orangecrushv
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dallas
Anyone used the AT&T online unlock request form recently? Does it actually take 5-7 days? I'd like to get this all sorted out before my iPhone 5 shows up on Friday. Would I be better off calling or does that still take a few days? Thanks!
orangecrushv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:25 PM   #1127
gottafly
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
My recent Unlocking experience went very well.

I originally sub,itted the online form/request over a week ago, to which I received NO RESPONSE whatsoever. I checked the IMEI online and a week later still showed as locked.

I then called AT&T on the 800# and a rep too care of the unlock, all over the phone, in less than 5 minutes!!!! Done deal. Got home and plugged in the IMEI # and it showed unlocked before I even connected it to iTunes.

I was so happy I had him unlock a 2nd line while I had him on the phone. I didn't even have to give him any IMEI #'s, just the phone number. He looked and said each was available and took care of it on the spot.

Now I'm not sure how easy it would be unlocking a phone that was not active or tied to a different phone number so I can't vouch for that.

Also, I just bought the iPhone 5 on one of our other lines at the 2year price. I'm hoping to activate it on my line (no contract) and then call to hopefully have unlocked in the same manner. We'll see. It will be purchased under my wife's line (2year renewal) but activated on mine. Hopefully it'll work based on the line it's tied to and not the line it was purchased on.

Last note/question on "unlocking" hotspot feature. Once a phone is "officially" unlocked, how does one get access to the Hotspot feature when using it on another carrier other than AT&T? I believe it is part of the carrier setting on the phone but not 100% sure. Also heard that the iP5 does NOT allow APN editing, so that may not work, period, on the new one!
gottafly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:15 PM   #1128
benguild
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottafly View Post
Last note/question on "unlocking" hotspot feature. Once a phone is "officially" unlocked, how does one get access to the Hotspot feature when using it on another carrier other than AT&T? I believe it is part of the carrier setting on the phone but not 100% sure. Also heard that the iP5 does NOT allow APN editing, so that may not work, period, on the new one!
Yes those are carrier dependent settings.
Same with APN editing ... that is allowed by some carriers.
__________________
http://benguild.com
benguild is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:29 AM   #1129
YuriBoi
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
How do I unlock my iPhone 4 with 4.12.01 baseband? Am not an AT&T subscriber and will never be as I live in Asia.

Can anybody send me the receipt? oyisorena@gmail.com
YuriBoi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:43 AM   #1130
Chopstick217
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Send a message via AIM to Chopstick217
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriBoi View Post
How do I unlock my iPhone 4 with 4.12.01 baseband? Am not an AT&T subscriber and will never be as I live in Asia.

Can anybody send me the receipt? oyisorena@gmail.com
Just purchase the IMEI unlock from an eBay seller. A lot of people on the forums use the seller Unlock_fusion.
__________________
rMBP 13" 2013 2.4GHz 8GB 256GB-SSD
iPad Air 16 GB wifi
iPhone 5S 64 GB AT&T
iPod Nano 8 GB JB Apple TV 2
Chopstick217 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:53 AM   #1131
YuriBoi
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
I tried emailing att through https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/cli...msAndCondition.

They said I would need to fax them my receipt. Can anybody help me with this?
oyisorena@gmail.com
YuriBoi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:31 PM   #1132
CosmoPilot
macrumors 65816
 
CosmoPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Carolina
I have an iPhone 4 (off contract). It has been replaced at an Apple store due to broken front glass.

I submitted an unlock request from AT&T's website on Thursday...my impatience caused me to call and talk to a rep on Sunday afternoon.

The website said allow 5 to 7 days. The rep said to allow 1 to 48 hours.

Should I receive an email...and if not, at what point would you connect to iTunes and do the backup/restore?

Will the fact the iPhone's been replaced by Apple make any difference?
__________________
2011 27" 2.7GHz iMac 2012 2.5GHz 13" MBP iPhone 6 / iPhone 5S / iPhone 5 iPad Air AppleTV / AEBS 802.11ac
CosmoPilot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:15 PM   #1133
Gjwilly
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoPilot View Post
I have an iPhone 4 (off contract). It has been replaced at an Apple store due to broken front glass.

I submitted an unlock request from AT&T's website on Thursday...my impatience caused me to call and talk to a rep on Sunday afternoon.

The website said allow 5 to 7 days. The rep said to allow 1 to 48 hours.

Should I receive an email...and if not, at what point would you connect to iTunes and do the backup/restore?

Will the fact the iPhone's been replaced by Apple make any difference?

Square Trade replaced mine and I unlocked it the same day that I received the box in the mail. Before I even turned it on.
AT&T wanted to know why the IMEI I was requesting the unlock on had never been used on my account and I told them the truth -- it was a warranty replacement.
That was good enough for them.
Gjwilly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:56 PM   #1134
CosmoPilot
macrumors 65816
 
CosmoPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjwilly View Post
Square Trade replaced mine and I unlocked it the same day that I received the box in the mail. Before I even turned it on.
AT&T wanted to know why the IMEI I was requesting the unlock on had never been used on my account and I told them the truth -- it was a warranty replacement.
That was good enough for them.
AT&T never asked me any questions about the different IMEI from the original I purchased, but the phone was replaced about 8 or 9 months ago from Apple, so I'm assuming AT&T knows this is a replacement. Surely Apple sends that information to AT&T.
__________________
2011 27" 2.7GHz iMac 2012 2.5GHz 13" MBP iPhone 6 / iPhone 5S / iPhone 5 iPad Air AppleTV / AEBS 802.11ac
CosmoPilot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:01 AM   #1135
Gjwilly
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoPilot View Post
Surely Apple sends that information to AT&T.
They don't and they don't need to.
AT&T can tell which phones you're actually using on your account.
My point was that mine had never even been used on my account and AT&T still unlocked it so warranty replaced phones should not be a problem.
Gjwilly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:03 AM   #1136
CosmoPilot
macrumors 65816
 
CosmoPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjwilly View Post
They don't and they don't need to.
AT&T can tell which phones you're actually using on your account.
My point was that mine had never even been used on my account and AT&T still unlocked it so warranty replaced phones should not be a problem.
Great, thanks!
__________________
2011 27" 2.7GHz iMac 2012 2.5GHz 13" MBP iPhone 6 / iPhone 5S / iPhone 5 iPad Air AppleTV / AEBS 802.11ac
CosmoPilot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:04 AM   #1137
compg318
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottafly View Post
My recent Unlocking experience went very well.

I originally sub,itted the online form/request over a week ago, to which I received NO RESPONSE whatsoever. I checked the IMEI online and a week later still showed as locked.

I then called AT&T on the 800# and a rep too care of the unlock, all over the phone, in less than 5 minutes!!!! Done deal. Got home and plugged in the IMEI # and it showed unlocked before I even connected it to iTunes.

I was so happy I had him unlock a 2nd line while I had him on the phone. I didn't even have to give him any IMEI #'s, just the phone number. He looked and said each was available and took care of it on the spot.

Now I'm not sure how easy it would be unlocking a phone that was not active or tied to a different phone number so I can't vouch for that.

Also, I just bought the iPhone 5 on one of our other lines at the 2year price. I'm hoping to activate it on my line (no contract) and then call to hopefully have unlocked in the same manner. We'll see. It will be purchased under my wife's line (2year renewal) but activated on mine. Hopefully it'll work based on the line it's tied to and not the line it was purchased on.

Last note/question on "unlocking" hotspot feature. Once a phone is "officially" unlocked, how does one get access to the Hotspot feature when using it on another carrier other than AT&T? I believe it is part of the carrier setting on the phone but not 100% sure. Also heard that the iP5 does NOT allow APN editing, so that may not work, period, on the new one!
When was this? Just spoke to an ATT rep who said they stopped doing it over the phone/through chat on 9/11.
compg318 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:11 AM   #1138
Bakakage
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by compg318 View Post
When was this? Just spoke to an ATT rep who said they stopped doing it over the phone/through chat on 9/11.
I unlocked mine over the phone on 9/15 recently. I submitted a web form earlier that told me they couldn't find my number even though I was eligible, but there ya go.

Last edited by Bakakage; Sep 18, 2012 at 01:43 AM.
Bakakage is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:20 AM   #1139
compg318
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakakage View Post
I unlocked mine over the phone on 9/15 recently. I submitted a web form earlier that told me they couldn't find my number even though I was eligible though, but there ya go.
Well thanks, don't know why I was told this misleading information from the rep. Will try again hopefully. They told me I was eligible but couldn't do it. Been waiting on the form to go through for almost a week.
compg318 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:14 AM   #1140
CosmoPilot
macrumors 65816
 
CosmoPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by compg318 View Post
Well thanks, don't know why I was told this misleading information from the rep. Will try again hopefully. They told me I was eligible but couldn't do it. Been waiting on the form to go through for almost a week.
I was told via chat yesterday that unlocks had to be submitted through the website. The Rep told me this was a recent change as of "a couple weeks ago."

Last edited by CosmoPilot; Sep 18, 2012 at 06:34 AM.
CosmoPilot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:36 PM   #1141
BigB82
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: florida
Send a message via AIM to BigB82
can anyone please email me a copy of any att iphone 5 bought at full price? I have black 16 black 32 and white 16 so any or all would be of great help please

ysoserious82@gmail.com
__________________
2013 13" Macbook Air 256gb Base ; , iPhone 5s 64gb Space Gray Factory Unlocked, 27" iMac 2.9 i5, Nikon D90, Nikon D5100
BigB82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:19 PM   #1142
Marley10
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1011 View Post
please applejuice and reno g sendd me the receipts please

taariqmajid1@hotmail.com thank you

----------



please taariqmajid1@hotmail.com

----------



taariqmajid1@hotmail.com thanks
Please Help me Also James4210@gmail.com

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoG View Post
Just got my Black 16g iphone 4 AT&T unlocked. Called they did their thing sent me the email, told me to restore, got off phone connected restore BAM! you phone is unlocked. All within 30mins.

Oh I have my oringinal receipt too...I'll scan and make availiable for however wants it..Dated 6/29/2010
Please send it to me : James4210@gmail.com
Marley10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 08:50 PM   #1143
bryan0027
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Yes, I'd do it now.
And since you're out of contract it should be no prob.
Hi Applejuiced or Anyone,

Please help me, do your have any receipts for Iphone3G and Iphone4 ATT receipts? Can email to bryan_6121@yahoo.com ?

My phone has been locked for so many years and hope it can be unlock soon..

Many Thanks for help.
bryan0027 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 09:17 PM   #1144
aggieastrosfan
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoPilot View Post
I was told via chat yesterday that unlocks had to be submitted through the website. The Rep told me this was a recent change as of "a couple weeks ago."
I submitted an online request on 9/8 for my 4S that was only active on AT&T a couple of months (company took service back to T-Mobile). Said I would get a response in 5-7 business days. On business day 10 (9/21) I finally called. Of course the reference number I was emailed didn't register in the system at all. The guy on the phone was able to process the unlock over the phone, even waited for the phone restore to complete and the unlock confirmation given. On the 26th (13 business days) I finally received an email that my phone could be unlocked from my online request.

Now the Edge service on T-Mobile in Houston is another subject in itself...
aggieastrosfan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:49 PM   #1145
FieldingMellish
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I got an unlock.
FieldingMellish is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:06 AM   #1146
YellowNimbus
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia, USA
 
Send a message via Skype™ to YellowNimbus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan0027 View Post
Hi Applejuiced or Anyone,

Please help me, do your have any receipts for Iphone3G and Iphone4 ATT receipts? Can email to bryan_6121@yahoo.com ?

My phone has been locked for so many years and hope it can be unlock soon..

Many Thanks for help.
Hey bryan0027, sorry, I'm a little late at replying. We unlocked a few iPhones for free a few months ago as we were testing our system (just do a search, I'm not scamming anyone - we're just ironing out our automated remote unlocking system). If you still have an iPhone you would like unlocked, contact me. We can unlock 2 more phones for free. This will help us in finalizing our set up and make you happy at the same time. Hope that all is well.
p.s. forgot to mention: Your iPhone should be locked to AT&T for this to work, thanks.

Last edited by YellowNimbus; Nov 16, 2012 at 03:53 AM.
YellowNimbus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:45 PM   #1147
YellowNimbus
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia, USA
 
Send a message via Skype™ to YellowNimbus
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowNimbus View Post
Hey bryan0027, sorry, I'm a little late at replying. We unlocked a few iPhones for free a few months ago as we were testing our system (just do a search, I'm not scamming anyone - we're just ironing out our automated remote unlocking system). If you still have an iPhone you would like unlocked, contact me. We can unlock 2 more phones for free. This will help us in finalizing our set up and make you happy at the same time. Hope that all is well.
p.s. forgot to mention: Your iPhone should be locked to AT&T for this to work, thanks.
Ok, just was reminded that this was still here. We've just provided our last free unlock and our system has been verified as working, you can check us out here, iphone unlocking. Thanks

If this is something that interests you, we have a new tutorial on how to build a mobile phone unlocking website

Last edited by YellowNimbus; Jun 22, 2013 at 10:52 PM. Reason: site link
YellowNimbus is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jailbroke AT&T 4s sanctioned unlock ? Jasper84 iPhone 8 Aug 2, 2012 06:15 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC