Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
at first all was fine but the phones just a mess now.

1. theres a crazy battery drain happening, it was fine but now it came back. 25% loss in 4.5 hours of standby overnight
2. the volume goes out as the battery gets closer to 0% and comes back randomly. the button does nothing, the screen shot of the volume symbol is blank
3. apps crash a lot more frequently

i have no warranty since i put on the blue conversion so at this point i'm just waiting for the 5s :eek:

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
at first all was fine but the phones just a mess now.

1. theres a crazy battery drain happening, it was fine but now it came back. 25% loss in 4.5 hours of standby overnight
2. the volume goes out as the battery gets closer to 0% and comes back randomly. the button does nothing, the screen shot of the volume symbol is blank
3. apps crash a lot more frequently

i have no warranty since i put on the blue conversion so at this point i'm just waiting for the 5s :eek:

Do a restore in iTunes. Maybe the OTA update did not install properly.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
By chance Bluetooth active or iCloud backup via wifi with lots data or poor connection ? Frequent email polling ? This could drain you battery.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Clean restore via iTunes, DO NOT restore to backup to eliminate any issues that might be corrupting your install.
Use the tabs in iTunes to restore your content.

Drama is noted, but hardly ruined.

Last edited:

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Standard troubleshooting: restore as new and try it out like that. Odds are your device isn't "ruined" but there's no telling unless you get it to a known good point for verification.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Do a restore in iTunes. Maybe the OTA update did not install properly.

does the restore erase any info? never did a restore on a phone

By chance Bluetooth active or iCloud backup via wifi with lots data or poor connection ? Frequent email polling ? This could drain you battery.

no bluetooth no email, icloud only for find my iphone and pictures

Standard troubleshooting: restore as new and try it out like that. Odds are your device isn't "ruined" but there's no telling unless you get it to a known good point for verification.

yea it just performs pretty poorly these days. i'll try it out

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
does the restore erase any info? never did a restore on a phone

no bluetooth no email, icloud only for find my iphone and pictures

yea it just performs pretty poorly these days. i'll try it out

Backup your phone first.

Click restore in iTunes after that.

After restore is completed, restore from backup.

That's all.

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
What phone are you using?

I would assume a white 4s....hehehe.....

Backup and restore phone. But I also agree, don't restore the backup, use the tabs to sync back your content. And go through your settings manually to set them up, so you know exactly what is and isn't running.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
this is the part that confuses me. doesn't restoring as new put the phone back to how it was out of the box?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
this is the part that confuses me. doesn't restoring as new put the phone back to how it was out of the box?

Yes, and just like plugging in a new iPhone, iTunes will install your "old" iPhone backup to your "new" iPhone.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Actually, he was advised not to do that yet and to use the tabs in iTunes to restore his content. His contacts will sync via iCloud. The backup may be corrupt as well.

so i can save what i need back into icoud then do the full restore?

too nervous on losing all the info/data

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
Sync everything you can to icloud. And then run a manual backup of the iphone just in case.

Things I can see you losing is your phone log, sms history, etc by setting up again through tabs. Your contacts, mail accounts should resync no problem.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Sync everything you can to icloud. And then run a manual backup of the iphone just in case.

Things I can see you losing is your phone log, sms history, etc by setting up again through tabs. Your contacts, mail accounts should resync no problem.

i think i'm just gonna leave it alone. i have 7gb of pictures/videos alone and im not about to pay for more icloud memory. **** it i'll deal with it until the 5s

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
i think i'm just gonna leave it alone. i have 7gb of pictures/videos alone and im not about to pay for more icloud memory. **** it i'll deal with it until the 5s

Backup all of your pictures and videos on your PC/Mac, waiting until the 5s will be dreadful with all the problems you have.

If after restore, the same problem occurs, I suggest you get your iPhone replaced

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

WTF are you nuts?
You said it was <drama queen> officially ruined </drama queen> and now you're just going to deal with it until a phone that isn't likely I'm production is released? Oh come the **** on. Restore the damn thing like instructed and move on. Start backing up more often so you don't lose as much crap.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
WTF are you nuts?
You said it was <drama queen> officially ruined </drama queen> and now you're just going to deal with it until a phone that isn't likely I'm production is released? Oh come the **** on. Restore the damn thing like instructed and move on. Start backing up more often so you don't lose as much crap.

calm yourself

ps the 5s is already in production ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.