Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jstar002

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
I am looking to get an Iphone 5...

I'm looking for the best deal in terms of fast data, (preferably LTE) in the West Hollywood/L.A area, best overall value in terms of pricing plus I will need unlimited talk and text.

From what I've been reading Verizon Wireless has the superior LTE network and is much faster than ATT in Los Angeles..... However more expensive.

Who is the best carrier aroud L.A for the Iphone in terms of speed and value? Doesn't have to be ATT or Verizon btw; I am open to any and all carriers.

SAMtheGAM

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
AT&T has no LTE in the SF and SG valleys.

AT&T does in fact have LTE in the San Gabriel Valley just not in the East San Gabriel Valley. I have gotten LTE in Alhambra, Pasadena, San Marino, Monterey Park.

However, I will admit VZW LTE coverage in Los Angeles / Orange County is far superior to AT&T LTE.

jstar002

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
AT&T does in fact have LTE in the San Gabriel Valley just not in the East San Gabriel Valley. I have gotten LTE in Alhambra, Pasadena, San Marino, Monterey Park.

However, I will admit VZW LTE coverage in Los Angeles / Orange County is far superior to AT&T LTE.

VZ is kinda expensive yea? I checked out a plan for unlimited talk/text and 2 gigs of data on their site and the total came out to $100??

Are those normal prices?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.