Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beegar

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
I have no idea if they will replace or not, I will post tomorrow after I speak with them. It took me a while to switch to an apple phone, I hope after tomorrow I have no regrets.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
I'm using an Otterbox defender right now. I've taken the phone out and used it without the case for days at a time just to change it up. I don't see how these phones could be doing this inside this case. Unless they're overheating. That's the only thing that makes sense.

chambone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Netherlands
My phone didn't dropped and I use it with an Otter Box Defender Case, all of a sudden I couldn't close my apps by trying to press the "home" button. I opened the case and was shocked to see my phone like this. I had it for 32 days so far, I will be heading to Apple Store tomorrow to see what they say. I am upset and expect for them to replace it. Wish me luck!

I figured I would share pic of my phone since everyone wanted a pic or evidence with the original post.

That looks like a swollen battery to me. I bet they swap it right away.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I was stood in the middle of Starbucks. Couldn't exactly take a picture when the only thing I had on me to take a photo was the iPhone in question.

It was really bizarre to me, I've dropped previous phones and that hasn't happened before. But it was really noticeable.

I don't even have a scuff mark on the phone

Science is bizarre, I've dropped portable CD players (who remembers those?) countless times on concrete without a problem and then have them snap when I dropped from 6" onto carpet, impact location and possible previous stress could have caused this.

beegar

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
I went to Apple store today, apparentely the battery "expanded" and that is why my screen popped out. They gave me a brand new replacement on the spot and service was good. I was surprised that after I handed him my device and he came back, he had to do backup for me because he said it was dangerous and didnt want anything to happened. The most important thing is that they replace it. :D

----------

I'm using an Otterbox defender right now. I've taken the phone out and used it without the case for days at a time just to change it up. I don't see how these phones could be doing this inside this case. Unless they're overheating. That's the only thing that makes sense.

They suggested I keep using case, they didn't think it has anything to do with it. Oh Well, at least I know they will give me a new one in case it happens again. If it happens again, they will change but if screen brakes because I don't have case then I have to pay for it. Better to use case :)

TaylorMatsu

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Science is bizarre, I've dropped portable CD players (who remembers those?) countless times on concrete without a problem and then have them snap when I dropped from 6" onto carpet, impact location and possible previous stress could have caused this.

Always ends up happening like this doesnt it? :D

My Galaxy Nexus cracked after I jinxed myself. Had it on my lap and got out of a car, dropped it face first onto asphalt and it was fine. Picked it up and said "See my phone never breaks when I drop it." Dropped it 15 minutes later and cracked the screen

Karma is cruel....

serkan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
My phone didn't dropped and I use it with an Otter Box Defender Case, all of a sudden I couldn't close my apps by trying to press the "home" button. I opened the case and was shocked to see my phone like this. I had it for 32 days so far, I will be heading to Apple Store tomorrow to see what they say. I am upset and expect for them to replace it. Wish me luck!

I figured I would share pic of my phone since everyone wanted a pic or evidence with the original post.
ü

Wow.It makes me scared of the case.Is it because of the case or you did something ?

If its the case I wont buy a case but if its Apple's problem thats way too bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.