Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use a screen protector for your iPad?

• Yes - I use a screen protector

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • No - I do not use a screen protector

Votes: 42 59.2%

• Total voters

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
If you want somebody to put the screen protector on for you go with ghost armor , find a kiosk location on there site
Stay away from zagg

trvsglr

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2009
I don't find higher quality screen protectors reduce clarity or touch sensitivity, so that is just not the case. I am sure there are cheesy ones that do this cause you get what you pay for. I think for most screen protectors is more about peace of mind. It is a personal choice. I use them and when the time comes that I want to sell my device I can always say my screen is scratch free and this usually allows me to net more return. These displays do get little tiny scratches that become evident over time.

I feel the same way, so far everytime I upgraded I used the trade in feture at my local Best Buy. I traded in my 4 for the 4s both 32 GB and I paid $67 out of pocket. Then this time I just traded in my 4s for the 5 also 32 GB and actually had $8 left over. I care about resale a lot. Though I think I'll hang on to the 5 longer than i have my previous ones. The only reason I upgrade so often is because of that trade in program and it costs me little or nothing to do it. I'm on a plan with someone else that never uses her line upgrade so i luck out there too, I just use hers!

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
All my idevices except mbp (i failed putting it on, and just said F it) have screen protectors. $2 is really NOTHING and a good investment imo.

markthrash

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Texass
It wouldn't be a bad idea to use one. I got a hairline scratch on the top of my iPad mini. It's nothing worth crying over, but it's there.

MikeTHIS

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
Yes.

Had an anti-glare on the first gen iPad because it made it easier to see while flying.

On the mini I got the Zagg HD and its just as nice as the ghost armor on my iPhone 5. Smooth and thin, no bubbles or lint either.

I'm a HVAC mechanic and I find the junk on my hands causes fine scratches, even when clean. lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.