Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:06 PM   #26
ixodes
macrumors 601
 
ixodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pacific Coast, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoPilot View Post
Ahh, but is there a reason you still lurk MR?
if you take any responsibility for your posts, and understand what accuracy means, you probably would stop assuming & making stuff up.

To the question, I _participate_ here because I currently own & use a lot of Apple products. Here are but some of them.

iPhone 4S
iPhone 5

iPad mini
iPad 2
iPad 3
iPad 4

11" MBA
13" MBA
13" MBPr
15" MBP
15" MBPr
17" MBP
2010 Mac Pro
__________________
An Ultra Fast Mac Is...My Favorite
ixodes is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:30 PM   #27
Radio
In Time-Out
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitheone View Post
Look. The iphone 5 is good. It has problems such as wifi and such but still an amazing innovative product. The specs aren't crazy but the performance is amazing, it's not quad core and such but it's simple and sleek. And with a jailbreak it'll be loads of fun to customize it and such. Also the 5s is a flop IMO. It'll be released in September I think.
Is the wifi a hardware issue?

Pretty aweful
Radio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:41 PM   #28
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitheone View Post
Look. The iphone 5 is good. It has problems such as wifi and such but still an amazing innovative product. The specs aren't crazy but the performance is amazing, it's not quad core and such but it's simple and sleek. And with a jailbreak it'll be loads of fun to customize it and such. Also the 5s is a flop IMO. It'll be released in September I think.
It was all going great and your post made sense till you get towards the end.

The 5s is flop? It will be released in September. I think?
WTF?
Applejuiced is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:20 AM   #29
jetlitheone
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
It was all going great and your post made sense till you get towards the end.

The 5s is flop? It will be released in September. I think?
WTF?
Lol. I clearly worded it wrong. I was just trying to debunk the rumor of an iphone 5S coming summer 2013. I think The cycle will stick to 11-13 months

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Is the wifi a hardware issue?

Pretty aweful
Idk honestly. I hope it isn't. Mine works fine. Just certain videos are so slow at loading but are fast on my iPad and such. Maybe a codec on the 5 is broken in ios 6
jetlitheone is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:32 AM   #30
Nale72
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitheone View Post
Look. The iphone 5 is good.
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitheone View Post
It has problems such as wifi and such
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitheone View Post
but still an amazing innovative product
I don't really agree here. I don't see the amazing innovative difference between the 4S and the 5, and certainly not if you compare with features in the newest Android phones. (beside the in some cases fashionable modern expensive jeans-like "looks like it's been used for years, directly from the box"-finish).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitheone View Post
The specs aren't crazy but the performance is amazing, it's not quad core and such but it's simple and sleek.
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitheone View Post
And with a jailbreak it'll be loads of fun to customize it and such.
Wait a minute. You mean to really enjoy the phone you should jailbreak your phone (possibly void your warranty) so that you can get the features that a much cheaper stock Android phone have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitheone View Post
Also the 5s is a flop IMO. It'll be released in September I think.
How can you say that a phone that guess will release in 10 months is a flop?
Nale72 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 03:57 AM   #31
AQUADock
macrumors 65816
 
AQUADock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixodes View Post
if you take any responsibility for your posts, and understand what accuracy means, you probably would stop assuming & making stuff up.

To the question, I _participate_ here because I currently own & use a lot of Apple products. Here are but some of them.

iPhone 4S
iPhone 5

iPad mini
iPad 2
iPad 3
iPad 4

11" MBA
13" MBA
13" MBPr
15" MBP
15" MBPr
17" MBP
2010 Mac Pro
What's the point in having all those if you don't mind me asking?
__________________
Mac Mini i5 - iPad 2 - GS3
AQUADock is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:04 AM   #32
Beeplance
macrumors 65816
 
Beeplance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUADock View Post
What's the point in having all those if you don't mind me asking?
He wants to let the whole world know of his collection.
Beeplance is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:39 AM   #33
syd430
Guest
 
How has this thread not ended up in Wasteland...
  1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:47 AM   #34
bfederspill
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellysox8 View Post
Because Apple said so in their ads.
Now that's a funny answer.
bfederspill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:28 AM   #35
syd430
Guest
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixodes View Post
if you take any responsibility for your posts, and understand what accuracy means, you probably would stop assuming & making stuff up.

To the question, I _participate_ here because I currently own & use a lot of Apple products. Here are but some of them.

iPhone 4S
iPhone 5

iPad mini
iPad 2
iPad 3
iPad 4

11" MBA
13" MBA
13" MBPr
15" MBP
15" MBPr
17" MBP
2010 Mac Pro
As your IT consultant, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you have a bit of redundancy there.
  4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:38 AM   #36
VandyChem2009
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nale72 View Post
Agree



Agree



I don't really agree here. I don't see the amazing innovative difference between the 4S and the 5, and certainly not if you compare with features in the newest Android phones. (beside the in some cases fashionable modern expensive jeans-like "looks like it's been used for years, directly from the box"-finish).



Agree



Wait a minute. You mean to really enjoy the phone you should jailbreak your phone (possibly void your warranty) so that you can get the features that a much cheaper stock Android phone have?



How can you say that a phone that guess will release in 10 months is a flop?
What innovative feature are you talking about that Android has? The reason I ask is that I really see nothing innovative in either market.
VandyChem2009 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:47 AM   #37
BFizzzle
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyChem2009 View Post
What innovative feature are you talking about that Android has? The reason I ask is that I really see nothing innovative in either market.
s beam d00d and nfc ftw! big bigscreenzzz


yeah im with you.. i dont see what innovative things android has over it either.
BFizzzle is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 09:27 AM   #38
Nale72
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyChem2009 View Post
What innovative feature are you talking about that Android has? The reason I ask is that I really see nothing innovative in either market.
Firstly, I didn't agree with the statement that the iPhone 5 was an amazing innovative product. Not compared to newer Android devices and not compared to the 4S. But if you do agree, please let me know which amazing new innovations that was introduced with iPhone 5. Apple Maps? Passbook, that might be of some use in the US, but don't know if anywhere else at the moment?

Maybe there haven't been too many amazing innovative features with Android either lately, but I believe that NFC is pretty innovative. Besides Android Beem/S-Beem you can transfer files between NFC devices. You can have NFC tags that makes the phone activate certain settings when you get in and out of your car, when you get home, when you get to work etc. Wireless charging. Wireles payments in the future.

Then there are things that many JB their iPhones to get: widgets, toggles for often used settings, interchangable keyboards, letting you choose default browser, camera, map service etc. And the feature I miss the most on my iPhone 5, the ability to just plug the phone into a computer with USB, making the phone memory a portable disk that you can use to drag and drop photos, music or other files to and from your phone.
Nale72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 09:56 AM   #39
VandyChem2009
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nale72 View Post
Firstly, I didn't agree with the statement that the iPhone 5 was an amazing innovative product. Not compared to newer Android devices and not compared to the 4S. But if you do agree, please let me know which amazing new innovations that was introduced with iPhone 5. Apple Maps? Passbook, that might be of some use in the US, but don't know if anywhere else at the moment?

Maybe there haven't been too many amazing innovative features with Android either lately, but I believe that NFC is pretty innovative. Besides Android Beem/S-Beem you can transfer files between NFC devices. You can have NFC tags that makes the phone activate certain settings when you get in and out of your car, when you get home, when you get to work etc. Wireless charging. Wireles payments in the future.

Then there are things that many JB their iPhones to get: widgets, toggles for often used settings, interchangable keyboards, letting you choose default browser, camera, map service etc. And the feature I miss the most on my iPhone 5, the ability to just plug the phone into a computer with USB, making the phone memory a portable disk that you can use to drag and drop photos, music or other files to and from your phone.
I'd say that passbook and NFC are about equal on the innovative meter. Both have great potential but are no where near utilized enough to call innovative. And as for S beam, that's about as useful at iMessage. If no one else you know has a Galaxy phone it's useless. However, to be more specific on what I meant, I don't really think either camp has been very innovative recently, because they haven't released anything that hasn't already been done before.
VandyChem2009 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:34 PM   #40
ixodes
macrumors 601
 
ixodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pacific Coast, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeplance View Post
He wants to let the whole world know of his collection.
Not really.

If you read the post it was in response to... (and I'm not being critical of you) you'd know why I took the time to list them. Accused of lurking, I was making a point.

I have no reason to brag, it's simply a matter of having the desire and the means to own the various Apple products of interest to me. It's not that big of a deal.

It's called overlap, as I buy the ones I'm interested in, use them, then either give them away (while keeping my favs) to family members, or resell them.

I will be the first to admit I am a tech addict, I get bored easily, and therefore like to have choices and variety. Especially since I work in tech, where if I was using only one laptop / tablet / smartphone it'd get dull really fast.

It's really as simple as that
__________________
An Ultra Fast Mac Is...My Favorite
ixodes is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:37 PM   #41
BigMcGuire
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd430 View Post
As your IT consultant, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you have a bit of redundancy there.
Um, I think this post is in danger of angering the Apple gods. Report?
BigMcGuire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 06:01 PM   #42
Thierry ba
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitheone View Post
Look. The iphone 5 is good. It has problems such as wifi and such but still an amazing innovative product. The specs aren't crazy but the performance is amazing, it's not quad core and such but it's simple and sleek. And with a jailbreak it'll be loads of fun to customize it and such. Also the 5s is a flop IMO. It'll be released in September I think.
S.h.i.t.i.e.s.t iPhone ever. Period. It bends, for Gods sake?!?
Thierry ba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:06 PM   #43
davidinva
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, USA
All of these phones suffer from the same problem. Data plans are too expensive.
davidinva is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:13 PM   #44
Ericcc
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyChem2009 View Post
I'd say that passbook and NFC are about equal on the innovative meter. Both have great potential but are no where near utilized enough to call innovative. And as for S beam, that's about as useful at iMessage. If no one else you know has a Galaxy phone it's useless. However, to be more specific on what I meant, I don't really think either camp has been very innovative recently, because they haven't released anything that hasn't already been done before.
You're not seeing as much innovation because the mobile industry is maturing. They're starting to run out of technologies to implement.

In terms of NFC vs Passbook, they're not remotely comparable. Passbook displays QR codes and organizes them. Ok fine. NFC is close proximity bi-directional communication, which is far broader and more powerful. Anything RFID, NFC can replace/impact.

iPhones will no doubt have it eventually.
Ericcc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:22 PM   #45
greenchiliman
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago
99% of people outside of MR will think new iphone = better, even if it is 10% fast, lighter, whatever. Regular people just don't care if they have the best specs, just that it will work and they feel cool about it. Look at the Macbooks - has not led the spec dept in a long time. The MB Airs are just nice ultra books with the usual apple premium. People still love them, wont complain because they can check facebook and send email, they dont care.
greenchiliman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:15 PM   #46
RichardC300
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
I think this guy really thinks he's going to "stop" all the "whining" with this one thread.
RichardC300 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:36 PM   #47
Beeplance
macrumors 65816
 
Beeplance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenchiliman View Post
99% of people outside of MR will think new iphone = better, even if it is 10% fast, lighter, whatever. Regular people just don't care if they have the best specs, just that it will work and they feel cool about it. Look at the Macbooks - has not led the spec dept in a long time. The MB Airs are just nice ultra books with the usual apple premium. People still love them, wont complain because they can check facebook and send email, they dont care.
Have to agree with you. Most people out there just know that the new phone is better and all that, so they buy it without a second thought.
Beeplance is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:49 PM   #48
CosmoPilot
macrumors 65816
 
CosmoPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixodes View Post
if you take any responsibility for your posts, and understand what accuracy means, you probably would stop assuming & making stuff up.

To the question, I _participate_ here because I currently own & use a lot of Apple products. Here are but some of them.

iPhone 4S
iPhone 5

iPad mini
iPad 2
iPad 3
iPad 4

11" MBA
13" MBA
13" MBPr
15" MBP
15" MBPr
17" MBP
2010 Mac Pro
Settle down hotrod. I was merely poking a little humor your way. You said, "There's a reason why I'm using a Galaxy Nexus after my iPhone 4 and 4S." It was intended to be humorous...but in retrospect I can see how it might have offended you. Besides, anyone that has more Apple products than I do can say whatever they want!

I have 3 macs, 4 iPhones, 3 Apple TVs, 2 iPads, 1 AEBS, 2 AEs, and 2 iTouches. But obviously you have me beat.
__________________
2011 27" 2.7GHz iMac 2012 2.5GHz 13" MBP iPhone 6 / iPhone 5S / iPhone 5 iPad Air AppleTV / AEBS 802.11ac
CosmoPilot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:54 PM   #49
ixodes
macrumors 601
 
ixodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pacific Coast, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoPilot View Post
Settle down hotrod. I was merely poking a little humor your way. You said, "There's a reason why I'm using a Galaxy Nexus after my iPhone 4 and 4S." It was intended to be humorous...but in retrospect I can see how it might have offended you. Besides, anyone that has more Apple products than I do can say whatever they want!

I have 3 macs, 4 iPhones, 3 Apple TVs, 2 iPads, 1 AEBS, 2 AEs, and 2 iTouches. But obviously you have me beat.
My humor detector malfunctioned

I don't have you beat, I'm just a bit more obsessive with my desire to experience the various devices.

Cheers
__________________
An Ultra Fast Mac Is...My Favorite
ixodes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 09:00 PM   #50
CosmoPilot
macrumors 65816
 
CosmoPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixodes View Post

I don't have you beat
I guess I should say, my family and I (wife and 2 kids) have all these Apple products!
__________________
2011 27" 2.7GHz iMac 2012 2.5GHz 13" MBP iPhone 6 / iPhone 5S / iPhone 5 iPad Air AppleTV / AEBS 802.11ac
CosmoPilot is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stop already with the 128gb whining.. Gaprofitt iPhone 68 Sep 18, 2013 07:38 PM
Whining noise Onimusha370 iMac 10 Dec 17, 2012 06:03 PM
Not whining here Rocks. iPad 0 Oct 23, 2012 06:28 PM
Why all the whining about iOS 6? karsal iOS 6 122 Sep 22, 2012 12:15 PM
Why we can't all have airplay mirroring, aka stop whining mentaluproar OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 7 Jul 26, 2012 03:39 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC