Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomwalsh77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Blackpool, UK
I was just checking my account balance at my bank today and it shows that I have over £2200 available. Last week when I ordered a 27" iMac the funds where there in account but only £100 or so was available. Does this mean my iMac order has been cancelled?

I8P'CS

Suspended
Jul 29, 2010
NO, they hold the funds when you first place the order then hope to ship it, as 27" is not available yet the hold on the money has returned to your account. The money will be deducted when the 27" ships to you. You're fine, nothing to worry about.

Hope you still have more money left after the purchase though! lol

tomwalsh77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Blackpool, UK
NO, they hold the funds when you first place the order then hope to ship it, as 27" is not available yet the hold on the money has returned to your account. The money will be deducted when the 27" ships to you. You're fine, nothing to worry about.

Hope you still have more money left after the purchase though! lol

Phew, I panicked a little. No, I have no money left, Christmas will be hard this year but I'll have a shiny iMac. :D

SOLLERBOY

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Phew, I panicked a little. No, I have no money left, Christmas will be hard this year but I'll have a shiny iMac. :D

Yeah don't worry, they hold the balance for a few minuted to make sure you have it then release it again until it ships. it's the banks being slow that stop it from being available again quickly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.