Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:26 AM   #26
fenjen
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trat View Post
You only take the ones into consideration that survive the drop tests, right? Right?
I have no idea what you are talking about.
fenjen is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:26 AM   #27
MJNBGA
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenjen View Post
Yeah but it's just.. I am really protective about my stuff.
Then stick a case on it! By the sounds of it, you're looking at an Otterbox Defender...
MJNBGA is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:46 AM   #28
fenjen
macrumors 6502

I went to the store and he said he could do nothing for me. Only if I had returned within 24 hours of buying the device.
fenjen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 07:34 PM   #29
athletejmv
macrumors newbie

Ditto

Quote:
Yeah but it's just.. I am really protective about my stuff.

I'm with you. I take care of my stuff because what you own is a reflection of yourself in a since. For example, my home, just like my ipad, it is a tool. That doesn't mean ram furniture through the walls, put more holes in the walls to run wiring and not fix them up. Hey, its just cosmetics right? After all, my house will still function the way it was intended for the most part (providing me shelter). If you don't care about presentation, that would say something about you. My body is a tool, I take care of it and maintain it and present it accordingly. My point is, there's nothing wrong with being concerned. I'd swap it for the white ipad mini if I were you. If you are not willing to go for the white model as a solution to the scratching problems, then I'd have to agree with everyone else on here; you'll have to live with it. I too had the black and swapped it for the white. Problem solved.
athletejmv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 08:23 AM   #30
bova80
macrumors 6502

Quote:
It should remain scratchless. Every other device would.
ha you think every device would remain scratchless after something like that you are a fool. who goes around using their ipad as a cutting board or scuff plate? do you take your keys to your car and expect it not to scratch? or get upset when a rock hits the paint and chips it?

if normal wear and tear bothers you, put it in a case, that's why they make them.
bova80 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:07 AM   #31
fenjen
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bova80 View Post
ha you think every device would remain scratchless after something like that you are a fool. who goes around using their ipad as a cutting board or scuff plate? do you take your keys to your car and expect it not to scratch? or get upset when a rock hits the paint and chips it?

if normal wear and tear bothers you, put it in a case, that's why they make them.
I actually wouldn't even be remotely scared to try that on my S3.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:09 AM   #32
bova80
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I actually wouldn't even be remotely scared to try that on my S3.
Right because a knife wouldn't cut into that plastic at all. Make a video and let us know how it goes.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:41 PM   #33
fenjen
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Right because a knife wouldn't cut into that plastic at all. Make a video and let us know how it goes.
If your reading skills weren't so impaired you would've known I was Talking about the coin test.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:43 PM   #34
bova80
macrumors 6502

Quote:
If your reading skills weren't so impaired you would've known I was Talking about the coin test.
Who Internet tough guy. You quoted what I said about knife and said you'd do it so perhaps it's your reading skills that need work?

I'm sure really taking a coin to the side of you phone will leave scratches too.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 02:34 PM   #35
fenjen
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Who Internet tough guy. You quoted what I said about knife and said you'd do it so perhaps it's your reading skills that need work?

I'm sure really taking a coin to the side of you phone will leave scratches too.
You didn't mention the knife. Anyway, please just don't reply anymore.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 02:37 PM   #36
bova80
macrumors 6502

Quote:
You didn't mention the knife. Anyway, please just don't reply anymore.
no I'm going to reply, I said cutting board and scuff plate. do you know what you use on a cutting board????? a knife. congrats
Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:15 AM   #37
fenjen
macrumors 6502

Quote:
no I'm going to reply, I said cutting board and scuff plate. do you know what you use on a cutting board????? a knife. congrats
Yes but that comment was irrelevant in the first place cause you replied to me talking about the coin test. Just accept that you are wrong and please keep yourself from humiliating yourself even more.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 06:14 AM   #38
bova80
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Yes but that comment was irrelevant in the first place cause you replied to me talking about the coin test. Just accept that you are wrong and please keep yourself from humiliating yourself even more.
hardly humiliating myself. i'm not going to go away until I see a video of you taking coins to the side of your phone since you aren't "remotely scared" of it.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:12 AM   #39
Menel
macrumors 601

Quote:
So I just got my iPad a few days and I have been Really careful with it but I just noticed there are already scuffs in the bezel. I can't imagine I made those, so should I return to the store with it or should I let it be. What do you guys say. I only added one photo, but there are like three more places where there are scuffs. The silver colored spots are where it is damaged.
That's not damage. That's expected usage wear for an anodized part.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 06:21 AM   #40
colleencbarry
macrumors newbie

apple ipod touch support

If you are within the return policy which you are then exchange it. If I were you i'd look into purchasing a Mini case that will offer some protection against stuff like that.

-------------------------
apple ipod touch support

Last edited by colleencbarry; Jan 3, 2013 at 05:36 AM.
colleencbarry is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting