Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
I went to the store and he said he could do nothing for me. Only if I had returned within 24 hours of buying the device.

athletejmv

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2011
Ditto

Yeah but it's just.. I am really protective about my stuff.

I'm with you. I take care of my stuff because what you own is a reflection of yourself in a since. For example, my home, just like my ipad, it is a tool. That doesn't mean ram furniture through the walls, put more holes in the walls to run wiring and not fix them up. Hey, its just cosmetics right? After all, my house will still function the way it was intended for the most part (providing me shelter). If you don't care about presentation, that would say something about you. My body is a tool, I take care of it and maintain it and present it accordingly. My point is, there's nothing wrong with being concerned. I'd swap it for the white ipad mini if I were you. If you are not willing to go for the white model as a solution to the scratching problems, then I'd have to agree with everyone else on here; you'll have to live with it. I too had the black and swapped it for the white. Problem solved.

bova80

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
It should remain scratchless. Every other device would.

ha you think every device would remain scratchless after something like that you are a fool. who goes around using their ipad as a cutting board or scuff plate? do you take your keys to your car and expect it not to scratch? or get upset when a rock hits the paint and chips it?

if normal wear and tear bothers you, put it in a case, that's why they make them.

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
ha you think every device would remain scratchless after something like that you are a fool. who goes around using their ipad as a cutting board or scuff plate? do you take your keys to your car and expect it not to scratch? or get upset when a rock hits the paint and chips it?

if normal wear and tear bothers you, put it in a case, that's why they make them.

I actually wouldn't even be remotely scared to try that on my S3.

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Right because a knife wouldn't cut into that plastic at all. Make a video and let us know how it goes.

If your reading skills weren't so impaired you would've known I was Talking about the coin test.

bova80

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
If your reading skills weren't so impaired you would've known I was Talking about the coin test.

Who Internet tough guy. You quoted what I said about knife and said you'd do it so perhaps it's your reading skills that need work?

I'm sure really taking a coin to the side of you phone will leave scratches too.

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Who Internet tough guy. You quoted what I said about knife and said you'd do it so perhaps it's your reading skills that need work?

I'm sure really taking a coin to the side of you phone will leave scratches too.

You didn't mention the knife. Anyway, please just don't reply anymore.

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
no I'm going to reply, I said cutting board and scuff plate. do you know what you use on a cutting board????? a knife. congrats

Yes but that comment was irrelevant in the first place cause you replied to me talking about the coin test. Just accept that you are wrong and please keep yourself from humiliating yourself even more.

bova80

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Yes but that comment was irrelevant in the first place cause you replied to me talking about the coin test. Just accept that you are wrong and please keep yourself from humiliating yourself even more.

hardly humiliating myself. i'm not going to go away until I see a video of you taking coins to the side of your phone since you aren't "remotely scared" of it.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
So I just got my iPad a few days and I have been Really careful with it but I just noticed there are already scuffs in the bezel. I can't imagine I made those, so should I return to the store with it or should I let it be. What do you guys say. I only added one photo, but there are like three more places where there are scuffs. The silver colored spots are where it is damaged.
That's not damage. That's expected usage wear for an anodized part.

colleencbarry

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
apple ipod touch support

If you are within the return policy which you are then exchange it. If I were you i'd look into purchasing a Mini case that will offer some protection against stuff like that.

-------------------------
apple ipod touch support

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.