|Sep 22, 2011, 10:55 PM||#27|
|Dec 6, 2012, 03:54 AM||#29|
I know its a little late but doing the motherboard swap is merely the case of modifying a few internal components. Assuming you already have a 3GS logic board, heres the differences between the two.
1. The LCD and Digitizer are completely different. You will firstly need a new assembly for 3GS.
2. As mentioned earlier, the dock will need to be changed to a 3GS one.
3. The plastic recess for the camera is round for the 3G, and square for the 3GS, it is stuck to the inside of the housing and can be peeled off with minor force.
4. The vibrator is different but both seem to work with each .
5. The battery is very different internally and will need to be changed.
6. All other components such as the WiFi antenna, power flex and motherboard mounts/threads, are identical to eachother.
Providing you can obtain all of the above, and have too much time on your hands, then go for it.
Note. the IMEI is stored on the motherboard, so if you change the motherboard, you are technically using another phone.
Hope this late reply helps.
|Dec 6, 2012, 04:08 AM||#30|
All of that is true.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Problem Jailbreaking my iphone 3G w/ 4.2.1 firmware||johnlo||Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks||8||Dec 18, 2010 08:35 PM|
|is it ok to restore my unlocked iphone 3g? & no pushnotifications/unlocked iphone?||poohbear19||Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks||5||Dec 10, 2010 08:55 PM|
|Is it possible to put 1.0 on an iPhone||jpetticrew||Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks||35||Oct 26, 2010 08:26 AM|
|Is it possible to put older firmware version on iphone||katelmesser||iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting||1||Sep 29, 2008 01:00 PM|
|Is it possible to put a SSD in a macbook?||watermelon||MacBook||5||Mar 10, 2008 07:52 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.