|Sep 22, 2011, 10:55 PM||#27|
|Dec 6, 2012, 03:54 AM||#29|
I know its a little late but doing the motherboard swap is merely the case of modifying a few internal components. Assuming you already have a 3GS logic board, heres the differences between the two.
1. The LCD and Digitizer are completely different. You will firstly need a new assembly for 3GS.
2. As mentioned earlier, the dock will need to be changed to a 3GS one.
3. The plastic recess for the camera is round for the 3G, and square for the 3GS, it is stuck to the inside of the housing and can be peeled off with minor force.
4. The vibrator is different but both seem to work with each .
5. The battery is very different internally and will need to be changed.
6. All other components such as the WiFi antenna, power flex and motherboard mounts/threads, are identical to eachother.
Providing you can obtain all of the above, and have too much time on your hands, then go for it.
Note. the IMEI is stored on the motherboard, so if you change the motherboard, you are technically using another phone.
Hope this late reply helps.
|Dec 6, 2012, 04:08 AM||#30|
All of that is true.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|possible to put cdma iPhone 4 parts in a 3gs?||aPple nErd||iPhone||3||May 3, 2013 09:48 PM|
|How can I put put a couple PDFs on my sisters iPhone without messing up here syncs?||bobright||iPhone||4||Feb 3, 2013 06:18 PM|
|Can I put motherboard from 2010 pro into a 2012 chassis? First timer needs help!!||ScKcBc||MacBook Pro||5||Dec 17, 2012 07:32 AM|
|Iphone 3gs motherboard repair after connect to a incorrect charger||sergiovergara||iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting||0||Sep 20, 2012 04:44 AM|
|Is this fixable? (iPhone 3GS Motherboard)||cmckenica||iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting||0||Jun 12, 2012 06:23 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.