Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asattwanger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Hey guys, well my MBAir lasted me about 5 months before I destroyed it. Simply I can not work photos or video and not have something to drink. Apple store says about $800 to fix it. Deal considering the cost of the unit. Trouble is didn't back it up and I can find anyone that had a reader for this drive yet. So thinking get something else until I can find out if the drive works or not.

So, will the upgraded Mini with flash drive perform as well or better than the MBA for video and photos? My first guess would be yes with the quad core and what not, but I wanted to ask.

Thanks,

ASAT

majkom

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2011
Hey guys, well my MBAir lasted me about 5 months before I destroyed it. Simply I can not work photos or video and not have something to drink. Apple store says about $800 to fix it. Deal considering the cost of the unit. Trouble is didn't back it up and I can find anyone that had a reader for this drive yet. So thinking get something else until I can find out if the drive works or not.

So, will the upgraded Mini with flash drive perform as well or better than the MBA for video and photos? My first guess would be yes with the quad core and what not, but I wanted to ask.

Thanks,

ASAT

new mini with ssd will be killer compared to your air... RIP air

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA

Thanks,

ASAT

If you can't get work done without a liquid beverage, get a desktop; a keyboard is $70 at maximum, a MacBook Air is $1000 at minimum.

ZenMoto

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
a thin keyboard cover is like two dollars. i have them on the air and wireless keyboard. They really do save your gear from spills and misc debris.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
First things first: get a cup with a lock-on lid and/or weighted bottom. This will help deter any further accidents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.