Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 3, 2012, 08:08 PM   #4401
koolaid-drinker
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscob0x View Post
Grats to those of you who passed your final and those who began their training today. Hopefully the "you'll hear from us within 2 weeks to let you know if you've been selected" comment I received isn't an indication of bad news. (The manager stated it could take that long because it was the holidays)

The interview went well I thought so who knows ...
Thanks.

It's not bad news.

I was told the same thing about the 2 weeks wait.
It's normal.
__________________
Former AHA and Current Apple Guru
koolaid-drinker is offline   0
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:15 PM   #4402
Pilot DC
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGerbil View Post
That's true, I'm in iOS and I'd give my left arm to be in CPU. This customer service stuff just isn't my thing.
Trust me, csat is more important than anything. You were correct a while back when you said it's about fixing the customer more than anything. You are at the mercy of someone else correctly and fairly judging you in a survey... Not so exciting.
Pilot DC is offline   0
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:09 PM   #4403
koolaid-drinker
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot DC View Post
Trust me, csat is more important than anything. You were correct a while back when you said it's about fixing the customer more than anything. You are at the mercy of someone else correctly and fairly judging you in a survey... Not so exciting.
You are right. Everything is about your CSTAT scores.
__________________
Former AHA and Current Apple Guru
koolaid-drinker is offline   0
Old Dec 4, 2012, 05:56 AM   #4404
AngryGerbil
macrumors 6502a
 
AngryGerbil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid-drinker View Post
You are right. Everything is about your CSTAT scores.
My csats are actually pretty good overall but I've already been called on the carpet for not selling enough APP's.

Bottom line... I'm too old and have worked in tech too long. I cringe every time I put on the headset. Put me in a server room, leave me alone and I'm happy as a bug in a rug... this phone stuff is best suited for young people that are already devoted members of the Apple ecosystem.
AngryGerbil is offline   0
Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:51 AM   #4405
famous600
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
*

Last edited by famous600; Sep 28, 2013 at 07:43 PM.
famous600 is offline   0
Old Dec 4, 2012, 03:33 PM   #4406
AngryGerbil
macrumors 6502a
 
AngryGerbil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by famous600 View Post
The more you talk about it the more it seems this just isn't the job for you. I would trade cues with you though if that we're possible! I'm also not a big phone fan but I'm going to school for software engineering so this atleast gets my foot in the door to possibly snag one of the Cupertino gigs.
I am certainly self-aware enough to know that this job isn't for me. I knew early on that I probably would not enjoy it but I do not have the luxury of hopping tech jobs like I did in the 90's. I can fake it well enough to get some of the best stats in our group but the fact remains that the job is entry level customer service... not too many rungs above a Walmart greeter. I'll stick it out while interviewing for network admin jobs but if they shift us to full time I'll need prozac by the end of Jan.
AngryGerbil is offline   0
Old Dec 4, 2012, 03:47 PM   #4407
jonkss2
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGerbil View Post
I am certainly self-aware enough to know that this job isn't for me. I knew early on that I probably would not enjoy it but I do not have the luxury of hopping tech jobs like I did in the 90's. I can fake it well enough to get some of the best stats in our group but the fact remains that the job is entry level customer service... not too many rungs above a Walmart greeter. I'll stick it out while interviewing for network admin jobs but if they shift us to full time I'll need prozac by the end of Jan.
lol Prozac, I used to do remote support service for Geek Squad contracted position, cstat was always above 95% I'm not a people person.but I always had good feedback.

I loved doing it. But customers will get to you lots of brakes between calls. lol

Over all I think I'd do very well with the position as we do not have to remote in and fix stuff much more easier IMO.
The pay is MUCH less I was getting over 40 an hour. Good days
jonkss2 is offline   0
Old Dec 4, 2012, 03:55 PM   #4408
AngryGerbil
macrumors 6502a
 
AngryGerbil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkss2 View Post
lol Prozac, I used to do remote support service for Geek Squad contracted position, cstat was always above 95% I'm not a people person.but I always had good feedback.

I loved doing it. But customers will get to you lots of brakes between calls. lol

Over all I think I'd do very well with the position as we do not have to remote in and fix stuff much more easier IMO.
The pay is MUCH less I was getting over 40 an hour. Good days
Yep.. During the 8 hour shifts I'll have to stay out of the cue sometimes for a minute or 2 just to regroup or do a primal scream. Taking call after call after call can get to you, especially now that there's less than 10 seconds before the next call rolls in. When I started we had 2 to 3 minutes between calls... now it's 6 - 7 seconds.
AngryGerbil is offline   0
Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:07 PM   #4409
Pilot DC
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGerbil View Post
Yep.. During the 8 hour shifts I'll have to stay out of the cue sometimes for a minute or 2 just to regroup or do a primal scoream. Taking call after call after call can get to you, especially now that there's less than 10 seconds before the next call rolls in. When I started we had 2 to 3 minutes between calls... now it's 6 - 7 seconds.
Just as busy in CPU. Often cancelling offline and SGT time lately.

This is a customer service job. Anyone getting over zealous about some tech job, are going to be dissapointed. All the certs, experience, and tech savvy mean little to nothing. Customer satisfaction means everything.
Pilot DC is offline   0
Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:17 PM   #4410
Citychic
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York-Dallas, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by famous600 View Post
It was fun! A lot of bacon drawing!
Congrats to all of your first day being yesterday!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot DC View Post
Just as busy in CPU. Often cancelling offline and SGT time lately.

This is a customer service job. Anyone getting over zealous about some tech job, are going to be dissapointed. All the certs, experience, and tech savvy mean little to nothing. Customer satisfaction means everything.
I totally agree... Tmo is test one in CPU .. A lot of info but it can be a bit overwhelming! But my team is great can seem to complain... And it's definitely not your typical training which is a snooze fest you have to definitely stay awake and alert and pay attention!
Citychic is offline   0
Old Dec 4, 2012, 09:27 PM   #4411
Rootlus
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscob0x View Post
Sounds like they may be backed up? My recent 3rd interview went well and the manager even stated he liked my answers. I felt like the interview couldn't have went smoother honestly.

Said however that it could take up to 2 weeks to receive a notification for whether or not I was selected for the job. OI!

So I guess I'm stuck waiting for an email either way. Starting to sweat because in a few weeks I'll no longer have any source of income. Yikes!

Anyone else who has been targeted for the 1/28 class had a similar experience?
Just had my 3rd interview the other day. Got an email today for my background check. I'm hoping that is a good sign. Can't imagine the company wasting te money on a background check for someone they didn't plan on hiring. Does anyone know if the jan 28th hire date is for iOS or CPU?
Rootlus is offline   0
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:44 PM   #4412
Citychic
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York-Dallas, USA
I found this quote interesting yet cocky!

“When Steve Jobs unveiled Mac OS X at Macworld Expo in 2000, he said his goal was to oversee the creation of an interface so attractive, “you just want to lick it.”

Loveeeeee it!
Citychic is offline   0
Old Dec 5, 2012, 01:02 AM   #4413
Just Mel
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootlus View Post
Just had my 3rd interview the other day. Got an email today for my background check. I'm hoping that is a good sign. Can't imagine the company wasting te money on a background check for someone they didn't plan on hiring. Does anyone know if the jan 28th hire date is for iOS or CPU?
My second interview was with a Team Manager last week for the 1/28 class and she said was it is definitely CPU.

I asked if there would be any further interviews to schedule, she said "No, you should hear from HR within the next week or two."

Since this was only my second interview, and I wasn't moved onto a third interview with a hiring manager, I guess I'm not what they are looking for.

To say the least... I am disappointed. Crushed even!

Good luck to all along your path with Apple!
Just Mel is offline   0
Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:49 AM   #4414
AngryGerbil
macrumors 6502a
 
AngryGerbil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot DC View Post
Just as busy in CPU. Often cancelling offline and SGT time lately.

This is a customer service job. Anyone getting over zealous about some tech job, are going to be dissapointed. All the certs, experience, and tech savvy mean little to nothing. Customer satisfaction means everything.
I know you guys are pretty busy too, I have a dashboard widget for the monsterboard and will check the CPU cue from time to time. And yeah, our SGT and offline time almost always gets cancelled and I have SGT's piling up. I was under the impression that CPU was far more tech support oriented than customer service but I imagine you guys get your share of Apple ID issues also.

While this job does have a few perks such as working from home, health ins. and it pays more than minimum; the longer I do it, the less hands on time I have with servers, databases and other stuff that I normally do
AngryGerbil is offline   0
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:50 AM   #4415
sun.shyne
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Mel View Post
My second interview was with a Team Manager last week for the 1/28 class and she said was it is definitely CPU.

I asked if there would be any further interviews to schedule, she said "No, you should hear from HR within the next week or two."

Since this was only my second interview, and I wasn't moved onto a third interview with a hiring manager, I guess I'm not what they are looking for.

To say the least... I am disappointed. Crushed even!

Good luck to all along your path with Apple!
Just Mel - I'm not sure, but I only had two FT interviews (1/28 CPU training), my second was with a Team Manager. He said the same thing to me about HR, but a few hours later I received the background check.

I don't think every interview goes through a hiring manager. I could be wrong, and find my self getting the "Thanks for coming" email, but I don't think the background check would proceed if they weren't moving forward.

Just my experience. Maybe it'll give you hope!
sun.shyne is offline   0
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:52 AM   #4416
appleEater1
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Anybody apply for Orlando FL position posted 11/15 and heard back ? I applied after Thanksgiving and haven't seen any replies yet
appleEater1 is offline   0
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:09 AM   #4417
Pilot DC
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGerbil View Post
I know you guys are pretty busy too, I have a dashboard widget for the monsterboard and will check the CPU cue from time to time. And yeah, our SGT and offline time almost always gets cancelled and I have SGT's piling up. I was under the impression that CPU was far more tech support oriented than customer service but I imagine you guys get your share of Apple ID issues also.

While this job does have a few perks such as working from home, health ins. and it pays more than minimum; the longer I do it, the less hands on time I have with servers, databases and other stuff that I normally do
Well compared to iOS, I'm sure it is more actual tech support the caveat being they want you to service the CX and get that survey more than anything. I'm a problem solver and tend to want to fix the problem more than anything, and that can lead to long calls instead of escalating.
I do get to trouble shoot mail, migrations, bootcamp issues etc, but yea, I get Apple ID issues and iCloud problems which I hate to deal with.
Pilot DC is offline   0
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:26 AM   #4418
AngryGerbil
macrumors 6502a
 
AngryGerbil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot DC View Post
Well compared to iOS, I'm sure it is more actual tech support the caveat being they want you to service the CX and get that survey more than anything. I'm a problem solver and tend to want to fix the problem more than anything, and that can lead to long calls instead of escalating.
I do get to trouble shoot mail, migrations, bootcamp issues etc, but yea, I get Apple ID issues and iCloud problems which I hate to deal with.
I'm with you on the non escalation but it does tend to increase AHT. And yeah, there are days I feel like I'm on the Apple ID hotline
AngryGerbil is offline   0
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:47 PM   #4419
roger306
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleEater1 View Post
Anybody apply for Orlando FL position posted 11/15 and heard back ? I applied after Thanksgiving and haven't seen any replies yet
Didn't apply in Orlando, FL but I did apply for San Antonio, TX posted on the 15th and still haven't heard anything either.
roger306 is offline   0
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:56 PM   #4420
appleEater1
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger306 View Post
Didn't apply in Orlando, FL but I did apply for San Antonio, TX posted on the 15th and still haven't heard anything either.
guess were in the same boat. Well looks like the next class isn't until the end of January so there appears to be time. Fingers Crossed for us both
appleEater1 is offline   0
Old Dec 5, 2012, 02:07 PM   #4421
ciscob0x
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootlus View Post
Just had my 3rd interview the other day. Got an email today for my background check. I'm hoping that is a good sign. Can't imagine the company wasting te money on a background check for someone they didn't plan on hiring. Does anyone know if the jan 28th hire date is for iOS or CPU?
I'd say that's a good sign. I've yet to receive an email after my 3rd interview. Granted, there are probably other factors for WHEN you get the email. I'm sure different hiring managers have different numbers of people they are interviewing, creating busier working schedules or what not.

I'm just hoping I get an email either way soon because I need to start planning for an Option B. And I really don't want to get hired somewhere else and then tell them I'm quitting before I even start. Of course, I've got to FIND that job first.
ciscob0x is offline   0
Old Dec 5, 2012, 03:28 PM   #4422
roger306
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleEater1 View Post
guess were in the same boat. Well looks like the next class isn't until the end of January so there appears to be time. Fingers Crossed for us both
Yes we are. I've been waiting patiently for an email. Idk how much longer I can wait. lol
roger306 is offline   0
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:30 AM   #4423
techsrus
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger306 View Post
Yes we are. I've been waiting patiently for an email. Idk how much longer I can wait. lol
i applied nov 27 and no call or email yet either. i was getting mopey this morning, but reading that you guys have not heard yet makes me feel better

that didn't come out right
techsrus is offline   0
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:24 AM   #4424
appleEater1
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by techsrus View Post
i applied nov 27 and no call or email yet either. i was getting mopey this morning, but reading that you guys have not heard yet makes me feel better

that didn't come out right
I figured there would be a delay due to the holiday, others in the thread have waited two weeks or more so I wasn't getting to bummed. I was getting worried when I found out about the Dec 3rd class I was like no that posting was for Dec 3rd but reading about the 1/28 has put me back at ease. Still holding out.
appleEater1 is offline   0
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:20 PM   #4425
themayorr
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Exam 1

I passed my exam 1. It wasnt hard but the way they word the questions will confuse the heck out of you! The questions are very very tricky. Proof read is the best advice I can give regarding the exams
themayorr is offline   0


Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What to wear to a Apple "At-home Advisor Position" interview? lordking65 Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion 15 Oct 14, 2013 03:44 PM
Consolidate Apple IDs vp719 iCloud and Apple Services 6 Sep 15, 2012 04:45 PM
Why are macs better than PC's? and Why is apple getting to HARD TO USE. UPDATED cootersgarage6 Mac Basics and Help 1 Jan 15, 2011 08:46 PM
Is there likely to be a NEWER apple TV coming for 2011?? cootersgarage6 Apple TV and Home Theater 8 Dec 22, 2010 09:39 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC