imput your complaints here to get better 10.8.3 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:23 AM   #1
koban4max
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
imput your complaints here to get better 10.8.3

Hey guys..not sure if you guys did this before or what? I want this thread to be a legit complaint section. Go ahead and post your complaint so that i can gather all of your complaint into one big pile of complaint. I'll be sending this to feedback section. THx

- Safari loading gets stuck.
- It takes long time to load an app from MBP '11.
- Reminder doesn't sync well with my idevices (meaning it doesn't sync with my yahoo account)

- I don't know why but when I type in the search/address bar of Safari 6, just a few words only (I haven't pressed "Enter" yet,) then the search form automatically submits itself either to an autocompleted address or to a Google search.

It's like this:

1/ I type in "macr" in to the address bar
2/ Safari 6 shows the address autocomplete suggestion for macrumors.com
(Haven't pressed Enter or anything yet)
3/ Safari goes straight to weird websites without my consent

- Whenever I change my wallpaper the comp defaults back to the original. My wallpapers are saved as individual files in the pictures directory, and I assign the background via sys preference. I have tried to rename the file, move to a new location, and even deleted apps thinking a conflict is to blame, nothing.

- (Problem with imessage) I find it constantly fails to send a message if I haven't used it for a little while. If I am sending a 2nd follow up message I have to wait a while to make sure the first one has been sent or it just confuses whoever I am talking to.

- All the "Find" commands in the Notes.app are deactivated. Have been since the introduction of ML and still are in the current 10.8.3. Beta
Attachment 381702

-I'd love it if iMessages stopped being such a RAM hog. I don't know if it has a memory leak or what, but I frequently find it has consumed 2.5 GB of RAM (and my computer only has 3GB!) That's more than any other program! It's ridiculous and it needs to be fixed. I think the issue might have something to do with fetching pictures on launch.

Addition to iMessage: It should be available for all my other programs I'd like to run! My computer grinds to a halt because Messages sits in the background and consumes all the memory my computer has! It seems like my options are:
- Xcode
- Eclipse
- GitHub
- Safari
- Spotify
all open at once

Or
- Messages
- TextEdit
Open at once.

It's completely ridiculous how much memory Messages consumes.



- 1. I want to name the desktops I spawn.

2. I want the name of the window to be under the window in Mission Control (group by application unchecked).

3. Rendering issues in Safari. From screen tearing to disappearing text. (New webkit seems to solve these issues)

- Siri with a truly heuristic approach to things would be nice.

Mac Pro (early 2009 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon) won't wake from deep sleep after installing OS X 10.8.2 . I have the default setting set for sleep. The only way to "wake" the machine is to hold the power button down to shut down and then restart. I've reset NVRAM (pram) and tried removing power cable. Nothing helps.

Last edited by koban4max; Dec 6, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
koban4max is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:06 AM   #2
Krazy Bill
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
All the "Find" commands in the Notes.app are deactivated. Have been since the introduction of ML and still are in the current 10.8.3. Beta:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot1.png
Views:	69
Size:	306.5 KB
ID:	381702


Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by koban4max View Post
1/ I type in "macr" in to the address bar
2/ Safari 6 shows the address autocomplete suggestion for macrumors.com
(Haven't pressed Enter or anything yet)
3/ Safari goes straight to macrumors.com without my consent
Mine works fine (Safari 6.0.2 in ML 10.8.2). I can't replicate this behavior. Safari dutifully waits for me to press ENTER before moving on. It doesn't matter which page I'm on including Google.

Before you guys go screaming to Apple you need to do some sleuthing on your own. Clean Install 10.8.2 on a USB stick or external first, then check these "bugs".

Last edited by Krazy Bill; Dec 5, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
Krazy Bill is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 01:13 PM   #3
koban4max
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Bill View Post
All the "Find" commands in the Notes.app are deactivated. Have been since the introduction of ML and still are in the current 10.8.3. Beta:

Attachment 381702


Edit:



Mine works fine (Safari 6.0.2 in ML 10.8.2). I can't replicate this behavior. Safari dutifully waits for me to press ENTER before moving on. It doesn't matter which page I'm on including Google.

Before you guys go screaming to Apple you need to do some sleuthing on your own. Clean Install 10.8.2 on a USB stick or external first, then check these "bugs".
-done-
koban4max is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 01:45 PM   #4
cmChimera
macrumors 68000
 
cmChimera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
1. I want to name the desktops I spawn.

2. I want the name of the window to be under the window in Mission Control (group by application unchecked).

3. Rendering issues in Safari. From screen tearing to disappearing text. (New webkit seems to solve these issues)
cmChimera is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 02:15 PM   #5
talmy
macrumors 68040
 
talmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by koban4max View Post
Hey guys..not sure if you guys did this before or what? I want this thread to be a legit complaint section. Go ahead and post your complaint so that i can gather all of your complaint into one big pile of complaint. I'll be sending this to feedback section. THx
Far more effective if everyone with a complaint/bug/suggestion go to http://apple.com/feedback/macosx.html themselves. It may feel like a black hole there but they do get read (just not replied). The more people submitting on any particular issue the more likely something will be done.
__________________
27" i7 iMac, 15" MacBook Pro, Mac mini with Mavericks Server, 5 other Macs and an unused Apple TV.
talmy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 02:19 PM   #6
cmChimera
macrumors 68000
 
cmChimera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by talmy View Post
Far more effective if everyone with a complaint/bug/suggestion go to http://apple.com/feedback/macosx.html themselves. It may feel like a black hole there but they do get read (just not replied). The more people submitting on any particular issue the more likely something will be done.
I feel like if I keep submitting there, they're going to think I'm a troll lol. In all seriousness, I do submit feedback there as much as possible.
cmChimera is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:08 PM   #7
tecknik1
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: HCM Vietnam
Only one for me, fix wifi issues once and for all.
tecknik1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:44 PM   #8
cmChimera
macrumors 68000
 
cmChimera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknik1 View Post
Only one for me, fix wifi issues once and for all.
May want to be more specific.
cmChimera is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:57 PM   #9
koban4max
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
i'm sending the whole thing tomorrow afternoon incase anyone else...i want this to be noticed by apple.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by talmy View Post
Far more effective if everyone with a complaint/bug/suggestion go to http://apple.com/feedback/macosx.html themselves. It may feel like a black hole there but they do get read (just not replied). The more people submitting on any particular issue the more likely something will be done.
yeah but i rather put it in one big thing so they can easily read the main problems rather than being scattered.
koban4max is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:08 PM   #10
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603
 
ArtOfWarfare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Quote:
Originally Posted by koban4max View Post
i'm sending the whole thing tomorrow afternoon incase anyone else...i want this to be noticed by apple.

----------



yeah but i rather put it in one big thing so they can easily read the main problems rather than being scattered.
I imagine they have a whole team of people and each person gets assigned specific tasks... if you send several things that aught to be separate bug reports as one, they may not assign people to each separate issue as they should.

I'd love it if iMessages stopped being such a RAM hog. I don't know if it has a memory leak or what, but I frequently find it has consumed 2.5 GB of RAM (and my computer only has 3GB!) That's more than any other program! It's ridiculous and it needs to be fixed. I think the issue might have something to do with fetching pictures on launch.
__________________
Battery Status - On the Mac App Store
The only app that'll estimate when your wireless devices will need their batteries changed.
Including the ones paired with other Macs on your network.
ArtOfWarfare is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:47 PM   #11
koban4max
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfWarfare View Post
I imagine they have a whole team of people and each person gets assigned specific tasks... if you send several things that aught to be separate bug reports as one, they may not assign people to each separate issue as they should.

I'd love it if iMessages stopped being such a RAM hog. I don't know if it has a memory leak or what, but I frequently find it has consumed 2.5 GB of RAM (and my computer only has 3GB!) That's more than any other program! It's ridiculous and it needs to be fixed. I think the issue might have something to do with fetching pictures on launch.
added and done. thx.
response: You might be right...but then...who knows except those who work there. I rather let this be a significant read for them.
koban4max is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:05 PM   #12
Krazy Bill
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfWarfare View Post
but I frequently find it has consumed 2.5 GB of RAM (and my computer only has 3GB!) That's more than any other program! It's ridiculous and it needs to be fixed.
What else should memory do... sit idle and unused?
Krazy Bill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:08 AM   #13
dontpannic
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknik1 View Post
Only one for me, fix wifi issues once and for all.
What Wi-Fi issues?

I had a few random disconnects but since a clean install, its been rock solid.
dontpannic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:32 AM   #14
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603
 
ArtOfWarfare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Bill View Post
What else should memory do... sit idle and unused?
It should be available for all my other programs I'd like to run! My computer grinds to a halt because Messages sits in the background and consumes all the memory my computer has! It seems like my options are:
- Xcode
- Eclipse
- GitHub
- Safari
- Spotify
all open at once

Or
- Messages
- TextEdit
Open at once.

It's completely ridiculous how much memory Messages consumes.
ArtOfWarfare is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:08 AM   #15
PBP
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2011
Mac not waking from sleep issue (black screen)

So annoying on my iMac
PBP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:47 AM   #16
Krazy Bill
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfWarfare View Post
It's completely ridiculous how much memory Messages consumes.
Something wrong with your system. For me right now, messages consumes a whopping 78mb. It runs 24/7.
Krazy Bill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:13 PM   #17
cmChimera
macrumors 68000
 
cmChimera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfWarfare View Post
It should be available for all my other programs I'd like to run! My computer grinds to a halt because Messages sits in the background and consumes all the memory my computer has! It seems like my options are:
- Xcode
- Eclipse
- GitHub
- Safari
- Spotify
all open at once

Or
- Messages
- TextEdit
Open at once.

It's completely ridiculous how much memory Messages consumes.

Something definitely wrong there. I use messages a lot and it only uses about 100MB on mine tops.
cmChimera is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:22 PM   #18
AirThis
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Siri with a truly heuristic approach to things would be nice.
__________________
Mac Mini 2009 - Iphone 4 16GB - rMBP 2.6 - Time Capsule 2TB
AirThis is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 01:33 PM   #19
koban4max
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirThis View Post
Siri with a truly heuristic approach to things would be nice.
noted and done... thx

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBP View Post
noted and added...thx
Response: I have exact same mac pro and didn't have problem with it ML..maybe i just didn't realize it.
koban4max is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 06:42 AM   #20
PBP
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by koban4max View Post
noted and done... thx

----------



noted and added...thx
Response: I have exact same mac pro and didn't have problem with it ML..maybe i just didn't realize it.
Its not the Mac Pro only. I have a 2009 iMac and have the same problems. Others have MacBook Pro's and also have problems since 10.8.2.
PBP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:08 AM   #21
rhoydotp
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by koban4max View Post
I want this thread to be a legit complaint section. Go ahead and post your complaint so that i can gather all of your complaint into one big pile of complaint. I'll be sending this to feedback section. THx
do you really have an inside track with Apple developers? just curious
__________________
my pc died and i hardly noticed, go figure
rhoydotp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:33 AM   #22
koban4max
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoydotp View Post
do you really have an inside track with Apple developers? just curious
me personally, no. but i know someone who does. i usually send MY complaint to him.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBP View Post
Its not the Mac Pro only. I have a 2009 iMac and have the same problems. Others have MacBook Pro's and also have problems since 10.8.2.
well, i've already sent the problem..i'm hoping they will address this problem.
koban4max is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 03:45 PM   #23
Tucson Allen
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ
Upgrading to 10.8.2 wiped my settings and my dock items

I just migrated to a new 21.5 from an early 2006 iMac running 10.6.8, updated my apps, like DragThing. I had my dock filled with what I want, dumped what I don't use, and my DragThing all set up.

I was prompted to upgrade to 10.8.2 and did so. The upgrade wiped out my settings for DragThing, forcing me to start from scratch. All my Mail mailboxes were erased, along with years of data I rely on for registration, receipts, and other important reference data. The Dock was wiped of all my things (like DragThing). All of the things I had deleted were back. I have enough to do to ready my new computer without set-backs like this. Apple's upgrade in fact was for me a downgrade.

I found that Safari's fonts and font sizes cannot be changed. That's a serious blow to my having access to Safari's use because of my eyesight. Having it read would be worse because of my hearing. Zooming the fonts doesn't help because of their complex structure. Is this an example of Apple's trying to make it more like iOS?

Last edited by Tucson Allen; Dec 8, 2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: grammar & omission
Tucson Allen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:04 PM   #24
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603
 
ArtOfWarfare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Bill View Post
Something wrong with your system. For me right now, messages consumes a whopping 78mb. It runs 24/7.
I just had it consuming 2 GB of real memory + 16 GB virtual. It behaves fine for hours at a time... I think the issue might be related to it being open but the computer being asleep or running a sleep saver when I receive messages? I really can't tell, but it's not uncommon for it to hit these colossal amounts of memory.

It took my computer 8 minutes to wake up just now on account of iMesages, I believe.
ArtOfWarfare is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:45 PM   #25
cmChimera
macrumors 68000
 
cmChimera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucson Allen View Post
I just migrated to a new 21.5 from an early 2006 iMac running 10.6.8, updated my apps, like DragThing. I had my dock filled with what I want, dumped what I don't use, and my DragThing all set up.

I was prompted to upgrade to 10.8.2 and did so. The upgrade wiped out my settings for DragThing, forcing me to start from scratch. All my Mail mailboxes were erased, along with years of data I rely on for registration, receipts, and other important reference data. The Dock was wiped of all my things (like DragThing). All of the things I had deleted were back. I have enough to do to ready my new computer without set-backs like this. Apple's upgrade in fact was for me a downgrade.

I found that Safari's fonts and font sizes cannot be changed. That's a serious blow to my having access to Safari's use because of my eyesight. Having it read would be worse because of my hearing. Zooming the fonts doesn't help because of their complex structure. Is this an example of Apple's trying to make it more like iOS?
It sounds like you had an old backup that you migrated from.
cmChimera is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No complaints, just an observation... a-m-k OS X Mavericks (10.9) 0 Oct 23, 2013 01:28 PM
iPad Mini: Complaints Pogopuschel iPad 0 Nov 2, 2012 10:26 PM
No complaints! sluggozmom iPhone 15 Sep 22, 2012 09:41 AM
rMBP complaints DeeEss MacBook Pro 2 Sep 4, 2012 07:33 AM
Messages in ML, and some complaints rdrr OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 0 Jul 31, 2012 11:16 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC