Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 6, 2012, 03:02 PM   #1
macher
macrumors regular

Should I Switch to VZW?

Hi I've been with AT&T for a long time. We have a family plan each with unlimited data. What I don't like is now that I have an iPhone 5 I've been getting throttled every month.

I'm able to get hold of a VZW family plan each line having unlimited data. What I like about VZW is that they don't throttle and you have the ability to use unlimited Mobile Hotspot.

Pricing is about the same between both carriers.

The only issue I see with VZW is to keep unlimited data you have to buy a device at full price. I keep my iPhones for 2 years so when that time is up I can sell my iPhone 5 as an example and use the sale to get the next iPhone at full retail.

Another factor is I have 3 other lines to worry about when it's their time to get new devices. With 4 lines total that can get expensive

Anyone else care to share their experience or thoughts on having a 4 + lines with VZW and how you have or plan to get new devices when the time comes.
macher is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone