Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:00 PM   #1
DerfBWH
macrumors regular

Black anodized metal rubbing off.

So I've got a launch day iPad mini wi-fi, really really happy with the device overall. Been a huge Apple fan and never really had a major issue with any of their products within their normal lifespan. However, I've noticed this strange issue with my iPad mini - the black anodized metal appears to be rubbing off.

It's on the top left corner of the device, close to the headphone jack. Never seen this happen on any of my other Apple devices, especially not so early. The iPad has been totally babied and has never been dropped on anything other than a bed, and other than this there's not a scratch on it.

Anybody have any advice? Honestly in the grand scheme of things this isn't a huge deal, but has anyone else noticed anything similar/is this a bigger problem, or am I a one off sort of case here?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Dec 06, 10 51 37 PM.jpg
Views:	1057
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	382057  

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad