4444 - DSLR usage - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:02 AM   #1
salacious
macrumors 6502a

4444 - DSLR usage

So I'm trying to write a short guide for dslr film makers who are just getting into it.

The problem I have at the moment is with ProRes 4444, there's something which I cannot explain or don't understand if I'm honest.

ProRes 4444 includes an alpha channel, now I want to present scenarios which I want you to say its correct for, as I'm still trying to clarify its use in a workflow.

1. You have shot some green screen and you need to preserve the information for more accurate keying.

2. You have shot normal footage and would like to apply some vfx via after effects or another graphic programme.

3. Both of the above

From what I have researched it would seem the alpha channel is needed only if you need to key out some colour? So why would this not work with 422 codec? Or if it does is it not effective enough?

Thanks
salacious is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video