Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Closed Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:36 PM   #4426
appleEater1
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themayorr View Post
I passed my exam 1. It wasnt hard but the way they word the questions will confuse the heck out of you! The questions are very very tricky. Proof read is the best advice I can give regarding the exams
Congratulations on making it to the following week. however, the real exam has just begun lol Do They have a knowledge database ?
appleEater1 is offline   0
Old Dec 6, 2012, 01:58 PM   #4427
fizzydunlop
macrumors newbie

Im still waiting on HireRight to fix something they messed up, it's been a horrible experience and it's taking so long I'm not sure where I stand as far as the job offer goes. I'll keep you guys posted and if anyone else is having problems with HireRight background check please share!
fizzydunlop is offline   0
Old Dec 6, 2012, 03:22 PM   #4428
IceFire
macrumors member

Also passed Exam 1 today. All of the answers are available to you, so there really isn't a need to freak out! Just use your resources and you should be fine; that's what the real test is! Just keep that in mind.

Yes, there is a knowledge base. Most of my answers were in my own personal notes though.
IceFire is offline   0
Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:18 PM   #4429
ciscob0x
macrumors member

Well ... I got the "We're moving forward with other candidates" email. Not sure what I could have done better and certainly I had the experience. It is what it is ... :/
ciscob0x is offline   0
Old Dec 6, 2012, 06:14 PM   #4430
Trevorman
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscob0x View Post
Well ... I got the "We're moving forward with other candidates" email. Not sure what I could have done better and certainly I had the experience. It is what it is ... :/
Sorry to hear that

I think they let you try again after a few months.
Trevorman is offline   0
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:00 PM   #4431
koolaid-drinker
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscob0x View Post
Try Try Again
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:08 PM   #4432
KarenRD
macrumors newbie

Called ... And Now Nothing

Got a call from a recruiter one night after 6pm (out of the blue and totally unexpected!) She gave me info about the job - advised it was partime - if I was still interested - told about payment, requirements, ect and asked me what the definition for "Hardware" was... She ended by saying if they decided to interview or move me forward I would hear something in a couple of weeks.. But, to tell the truth - I was so blown away about the call that I don't even remember everything she said

I forgot her name and everything
No email, no callback, no nothing! Hopefully I will hear from them again

Has this happened to anyone else? Does it normally take this long to hear back? From all the posts, most people are reporting that they get an email, questionaire and then call....

Last edited by KarenRD; Dec 6, 2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Forgot to add ... got the call on Nov 27th,,,
KarenRD is offline   0
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:27 PM   #4433
Citychic
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by themayorr View Post
I passed my exam 1. It wasnt hard but the way they word the questions will confuse the heck out of you! The questions are very very tricky. Proof read is the best advice I can give regarding the exams
I do agree with you... 1 down 2 to go!!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
Also passed Exam 1 today. All of the answers are available to you, so there really isn't a need to freak out! Just use your resources and you should be fine; that's what the real test is! Just keep that in mind.

Yes, there is a knowledge base. Most of my answers were in my own personal notes though.
Very true also...
Citychic is offline   0
Old Dec 7, 2012, 04:01 AM   #4434
AngryGerbil
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

I know they really push the knowledge base during training but after a couple of months on the job I haven't found it to be all that helpful. There's a preponderance of data but the search algorithm is simplistic and yields a lot of useless articles. I've used apple.com/support, google and various forums more than I have the KB. That's just me, find whatever resources work best for you when you're on the phones. They do discourage us from using google but I don't care, I use whatever I have at hand to find the fastest resolution. You'll even find stuff in macrumors because it's real people trying to fix actual problems. Bottom line... when trying to help customers the ends justify the means.

Last edited by AngryGerbil; Dec 7, 2012 at 04:12 AM.
AngryGerbil is offline   0
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:12 AM   #4435
IceFire
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGerbil View Post
I know they really push the knowledge base during training but after a couple of months on the job I haven't found it to be all that helpful. There's a preponderance of data but the search algorithm is simplistic and yields a lot of useless articles. I've used apple.com/support, google and various forums more than I have the KB. That's just me, find whatever resources work best for you when you're on the phones. They do discourage us from using google but I don't care, I use whatever I have at hand to find the fastest resolution. You'll even find stuff in macrumors because it's real people trying to fix actual problems. Bottom line... when trying to help customers the ends justify the means.
I totally agree with this! I the Kb just isn't cutting it.

Also, now that I'm thinking about it, I feel really bad for those who are doing this through Kelly! $9/hr for this is nuts! I wouldn't do it, and I'm only in training.
IceFire is offline   0
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:59 AM   #4436
themayorr
macrumors member

Quote:

Also, now that I'm thinking about it, I feel really bad for those who are doing this through Kelly! $9/hr for this is nuts! I wouldn't do it, and I'm only in training.
True the KB is not that great like they make it seem. Found one of my answers on this site aswell
themayorr is offline   0
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:09 AM   #4437
Trevorman
macrumors member

Quote:
Not to mention Kelly/VOLT get next to none of the awesome Apple benefits as far as I can tell.
Trevorman is offline   0
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:48 AM   #4438
STIgoalie31
macrumors newbie

Anyone on the forums from the SLC area? I applied Dec 1st, just wondering if i'm the only one around here
STIgoalie31 is offline   0
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:56 AM   #4439
AngryGerbil
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

I've mentioned it a few times.... no freaking way would I do this for $9.00 an hour.

Just wait... training is a cakewalk compared to being live.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:00 PM   #4440
fizzydunlop
macrumors newbie

Have any part timers noticed any overtime available?
fizzydunlop is offline   0
Old Dec 7, 2012, 05:34 PM   #4441
AngryGerbil
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzydunlop View Post
Have any part timers noticed any overtime available?
We're all going to 46 hours per week... at least from the 26th to early Jan.

The paycheck will be nice but I am NOT looking forward to a 10 hour shift on the phone. 8 hours can be a grind unless you're one of those people that just love being on the phone with consumers hour after hour.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:35 PM   #4442
Just Mel
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun.shyne View Post
Just Mel - I'm not sure, but I only had two FT interviews (1/28 CPU training), my second was with a Team Manager. He said the same thing to me about HR, but a few hours later I received the background check.

I don't think every interview goes through a hiring manager. I could be wrong, and find my self getting the "Thanks for coming" email, but I don't think the background check would proceed if they weren't moving forward.

Just my experience. Maybe it'll give you hope!
There's the problem....I haven't received anything, so I have a strong feeling the 'thanks for playing' will be arriving this next week.

Just Mel is offline   0
Old Dec 8, 2012, 12:09 PM   #4443
lshaped210
macrumors newbie

100 on the first exam, 95 on the second, one more to go. They are not super-easy, but all the answers are provided to you in the KB. The tricky part is knowing how to find the correct articles. Best of luck to all.
lshaped210 is offline   0
Old Dec 8, 2012, 02:09 PM   #4444
appleEater1
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lshaped210 View Post
100 on the first exam, 95 on the second, one more to go. They are not super-easy, but all the answers are provided to you in the KB. The tricky part is knowing how to find the correct articles. Best of luck to all.
You want to keep yourself as annoymous as possible congratulations though but just keep that in mind.
appleEater1 is offline   0
Old Dec 8, 2012, 02:40 PM   #4445
AngryGerbil
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleEater1 View Post
You want to keep yourself as annoymous as possible
Never forget this.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 07:38 PM   #4446
lantabiker
macrumors member

Congrats 12/3ers. The first week is done and WOW what a ride. I gotta admit that this is a ton of info to suck down through a brain straw, but the ride is most excellent and the trainers are super super fun and cool.

To everybody patiently waiting for callbacks, interviews, background checks and the like....hang in there. It's like going to Six Flags and having to stand in line for 3 hours to get on the rollercoaster. But once you get on and click the belt, instead of 2 mins of joy, the ride last for 5 weeks.

Meeting awesome people, having awesome fun and feeling pretty pumpkin good about my new pumpkin role in life. LOL
lantabiker is offline   0
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:11 AM   #4447
Citychic
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lshaped210 View Post
Feel free to... To um pm me a little more detailed info for exam 2
Citychic is offline   0
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:50 AM   #4448
themayorr
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citychic View Post
Feel free to... To um pm me a little more detailed info for exam 2
Me too haha
themayorr is offline   0
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:27 PM   #4449
thaphatdiva
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lantabiker View Post
Congrats 12/3ers. The first week is done and WOW what a ride. I gotta admit that this is a ton of info to suck down through a brain straw, but the ride is most excellent and the trainers are super super fun and cool.

To everybody patiently waiting for callbacks, interviews, background checks and the like....hang in there. It's like going to Six Flags and having to stand in line for 3 hours to get on the rollercoaster. But once you get on and click the belt, instead of 2 mins of joy, the ride last for 5 weeks.

Meeting awesome people, having awesome fun and feeling pretty pumpkin good about my new pumpkin role in life. LOL
I totally agree. Even with having training 6 days straight, it was still awesome. Back to it in the AM for all of us 12/3ers.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.
thaphatdiva is offline   0
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:09 PM   #4450
apeonpatrol
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaphatdiva View Post
I totally agree. Even with having training 6 days straight, it was still awesome. Back to it in the AM for all of us 12/3ers.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.
see you there
apeonpatrol is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion