Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:30 PM   #1
morespce54
macrumors 65816

Question How to delete the "backup.backup" folder from my Trash

Hi.
Yesterday, I bought a new HD to replace the one I currently use for Time Machine. I did format the new HD, stop Time Machine, copy the "backup.backup" folder from the old HD to the new one, switch (replace) the Time Machine target in Time Machine pref pane, restart the backup and everything went fine and dandy!

I went on and put the (old) "backup.backup" folder from my (old) HD to my Mac trash (after being prompt for my password). Now, the folder, in the trash, won't delete (even in terminal, it just doesn't show so I can't RM it).

Here's my question. How can I delete the (old) "backup.backup" folder from my trash?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. I couldn't format my old HD because I have other folders on that drive which I don't want to lose (and which are too big to copy over the another HD or to my Mac). And yes, if I put the folder back to my old HD, it just copy itself and doesn't solve my problem.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Tags
back up, delete, remove, time machine, trash