Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smoge

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Like a lot of people, Ive just got my first mac (21.5" iMac) and wondering what accessories people would recommend to a first time mac buyers.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Just make sure you buy the Apple trackpad and keyboard. They are the best. trust me.

I would get 'quality' thunderbolt drive also. They are really expensive, but you can get refurbs occasionally for a doable price.

mslide

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
A non-Apple, ergonomic mouse unless you're into just using a trackpad. I'd also recommend a good, ergonomic keyboard (i.e. not the Apple keyboard).

smoge

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Anyone recommend the mobee magic charger?

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
External hard drive for Time Machine!

I have a trackpad, but totally never use it. I love the one on my MBA though, so not too sure why the desktop version never clicked.

I also have the Apple battery charger, but it's probably a tad overpriced honestly.

Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter (either Monoprice or Amazon).

And depending on your uses, an Apple TV is awesome. My media library is on my iMac, so they work together flawlessly!

I also just got a portable blu-ray drive for backing up my blu-ray collection. Definitely helpful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.