Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:09 PM   #1
iRyu
macrumors regular

People who own iPad 3 and iPad Mini

I'm so tempted to buy iPad Mini now. My country just launch today and the price is freaking affordable, it's cheaper than iPod Touch!

I'm thinking if I buy Mini, will I still use iPad 3? I did try some hands on with Mini. It's something I will carry it with me all the time.

Anyone who own both can give some comments?
iRyu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:27 PM   #2
ritmomundo
macrumors 68000

Aside from the screen size/quality difference, you wont have any reason to have 2 devices that do the exact same things. Spend your money elsewhere.
ritmomundo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:35 PM   #3
jmccullough108
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to jmccullough108
I would not get the iPad mini if you already have an iPad 3. Unless you are looking for something smaller to carry around.
jmccullough108 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:43 PM   #4
schmidt65
macrumors regular

I have the 4 and the mini, and find both compliment each other. I use the 4 round the house, or when staying away for 1 or more nights - and use the mini when I'm travelling or commuting. The 3 / 4 always seemed (to me) too large to use when actually travelling - although still a great portable device for when you arrive.

Then again I don't have a laptop (just an iMac) - if I did then I wouldn't see the point of the 3 /4.
schmidt65 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:48 PM   #5
Tikatika
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccullough108 View Post
I would not get the iPad mini if you already have an iPad 3. Unless you are looking for something smaller to carry around.
Which is precisely why I treated myself to a Christmas present. It arrived yesterday. White 16gb wifi and it is just breathtaking gorgeous. I had only seen the black on display at Best Buy and I am so glad I got the white. I have it paired with this stunning case http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00

I spend a lot of waiting room time at dr. appointments for my hubby and the iPad 3 is just too big. The Mini will fit in my purse perfectly!

Had the iPad 3 and the Mini side by side. The Mini screen is bright and gorgeous and although I do see a difference in text, it's not that big a deal, truly.

Now it is wrapped and under the tree awaiting Christmas

Last edited by Tikatika; Dec 7, 2012 at 02:10 PM.
Tikatika is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:51 PM   #6
RichyB
macrumors regular

As far as I'm concerned the mini is way better than the iPad 3 because it does everything that device does but it's lighter and more portable.
RichyB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 02:24 PM   #7
supertomtom
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesusrobles115 View Post
First world problems?? I may actually take a screenshot of this thread and put it on reddit.
So what if it is? People keep saying that yet they're on a forum discussing apple products, a first world product.

Anyways, I too have both an ipad 3 and mini but have found myself using the mini everywhere just because it's so easy to carry around. My ipad 3 hasn't seen much action lately.
supertomtom is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 02:33 PM   #8
Mjmar
macrumors 65816

I have both. I use the 3 for reading and the mini for everything else.
Mjmar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 03:03 PM   #9
NutsNGum
macrumors 68030

I own both, but I've noticed that I find myself now only really using the Mini. The GF has the iPad 3. The lack of retina display is much less of an issue than it's been made out to be on here, and I actually find contrast better on the mini, not to mention the convenience of it, size-wise.
NutsNGum is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad