Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:33 PM   #1
Neropez
macrumors newbie

A quicker way?

Hi all!
So my mom is a spinning instructor so a big part of her job is to find music/make playlists and so on. Recently she had the idea of having a video playlist for a special the company was having. She asked me to help her out so i did. She bought all the music videos from itunes and the only way I could think to make this into a music video was to first open iMovie and put the videos in the correct order there and add chapter breaks in between (which takes about 45mins - hour to import and sort out) and then I export that to iDVD (Which takes another hour or two) and then I burn it (which again takes an hour). I know there has to be a better way of doing this. I was thinking I could do something with automator. The iMac she is running on is currently on Snow Leopard.

Thanks!
Neropez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 04:30 AM   #2
daybreak
macrumors 6502a

Your first part of the question is a bit confusing. What is the role of a spinning instructor?. She wants to download music? or video from iTunes. Or make a video?
daybreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 02:03 PM   #3
Dave Braine
macrumors 68020

Have you already done this? I didn't think you could take purchased videos out of iTunes and burn them to dvd.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 03:44 PM   #4
Neropez
macrumors newbie

Daybreak,
Spinning is a form of group exercising where 20-25 people are on stationary bikes together and there is one leader (my mom) who makes playlists to ride the bikes to. She also motivates everyone and explains the workout (ie. if the next song is a "hill"). So using video is now like a step beyond because she has always used music. So she downloads the music videos from iTunes and wants to make a disk with them so she can show them to her class.

Dave,
When she asked me to do it and she said she already bought the songs I just went into user>music>itunes>itunes media and took the videos from there.
Neropez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 05:12 PM   #5
ppc_michael

Send a message via AIM to ppc_michael
If you have Quicktime Pro, you could copy and paste the movies next to each other. That would get rid of the importing/exporting to/from iMovie so you'd only have iDVD to deal with.
ppc_michael is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video