Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:57 PM   #76
CorvusCamenarum
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by leekohler
No one said anything about forcing anyone on birth control. You are ignoring the results of a scientific study and instead engaging in wishful thinking. Stop it with your absolute, BS, conservative non-arguments and start acknowledging reality.

That's my main problem with conservatives these days- lack of ability to acknowledge facts. Just because you don't like the facts and they don't fit your ideology, does not make them facts any less.
Be a dear and point out where I said it was a bad thing. I'll wait. My only argument is that if you want it, you should pay for it yourself, and if you can't or won't, than maybe you should re-evaluate what you're doing to need it. It's not at all hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyank24 View Post
why do you ask?
Because I'm guessing it has very little to do with you preventing pregnancy, which runs contrary to your earlier claim that your "birth control" costs $50 a month. Rather, your other non-pregnancy-prevention-related condition is costing you $50 a month.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:03 PM   #77
Moyank24
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvusCamenarum View Post
Because I'm guessing it has very little to do with you preventing pregnancy, which runs contrary to your earlier claim that your "birth control" costs $50 a month. Rather, your other non-pregnancy-prevention-related condition is costing you $50 a month.
I'm still not entirely convinced that a woman can't get me pregnant. And because my own personal research is ongoing (and quite often), I figure it's better to be safe than sorry.

And now that you're only able to argue semantics, I believe my job is done here.

Last edited by Moyank24; Dec 7, 2012 at 01:08 PM.
Moyank24 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:04 PM   #78
leekohler
Banned

Quote:
Be a dear and point out where I said it was a bad thing. I'll wait. My only argument is that if you want it, you should pay for it yourself, and if you can't or won't, than maybe you should re-evaluate what you're doing to need it. It's not at all hard.
Where did I say you did?

At any rate, you're still engaging in wishful thinking, not acknowledging the facts of this study. "Should" is not reality. It's wishful thinking. And you won't get your wish- not now, not ever. This study points to something that works. Now, you can cry all you want about what "should" happen, but that's not what IS happening, and it won't- because this is not a perfect world.

Quote:
I'm still not entirely convinced that a woman can't get me pregnant. And because my own personal research is ongoing (and quite often), I figure it's better to be safe than sorry.

And now that you're only able to argue semantics, I believe my job is done here.
Trying to debate with conservatives is merely a word game anyway. They refuse to acknowledge anything that goes against ideology. Pragmatism is not a word in their vocabulary.

Last edited by leekohler; Dec 7, 2012 at 01:13 PM.
leekohler is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:11 PM   #79
APlotdevice
macrumors 68020

Quote:
If they can't pay for it then they certainly can't pay for a child. And surely you don't think we should let the children who ultimately result from the lack of contraceptives just starve to death? Yet these children are ultimately going to be a much greater burden on the tax payers.

Oh, and to tie back to the orginal topic let me point out that abortions are also quite often financially motivated.

Last edited by APlotdevice; Dec 7, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
APlotdevice is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:19 PM   #80
chrmjenkins
macrumors 603

Quote:
My vitamin D intake medium is up over $4 a gallon! [/irrelevant semantics]
Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:21 PM   #81
skottichan
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to skottichan Send a message via MSN to skottichan
Quote:

*is in tears laughing* You m'dear, are my hero.

Mr. Crow, in reference to your comments and questions. Mine's about $50 as well, and I have pretty damn amazing insurance (thank you WB), I need it to stabilize my body (keeps me from having wicked bad cramps) as well as a way to help prevent a relapse of ovarian cancer.

So see Conservative Crow, we lesbians need access to birth control too.
skottichan is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 02:00 PM   #82
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by skottichan View Post

So see Conservative Crow, we lesbians need access to birth control too.

Then how will we get more lesbians?
rdowns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 02:04 PM   #83
Moyank24
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post
Don't worry. We'll continue to recruit.

You should see my collection of toasters....
Moyank24 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 02:30 PM   #84
skottichan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

You should see my collection of toasters....
Quote:
What Moyank said, we're all about recruitment. As a friend of mine said (and totally stole from a TV show) "All women are spaghetti lesbians". Plus... if you keep it between us, there is a secret method of making ladybabies. >.> <.<
skottichan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 05:10 PM   #85
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Quote:
What Moyank said, we're all about recruitment. As a friend of mine said (and totally stole from a TV show) "All women are spaghetti lesbians". Plus... if you keep it between us, there is a secret method of making ladybabies. >.> <.<

Damn, I want to be a lesbian now.
rdowns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 05:26 PM   #86
AhmedFaisal

<snip>

Last edited by AhmedFaisal; Nov 11, 2013 at 09:03 AM.
  3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 05:36 PM   #87
leekohler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedFaisal View Post
You do realize that in Canada people of Government assistance receive free birth control and even for everyone else it's subsidized by the government? You may want to ask yourself why you are so adamantly against the US doing it when the country where you live and pay taxes in already does it.
In Kommunist Kanada there is no freedom. All wages go straight to the government and you must wait 7 years for cancer treatment.
leekohler is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 06:00 PM   #88
ravenvii
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by leekohler View Post
In Kommunist Kanada there is no freedom. All wages go straight to the government and you must wait 7 years for cancer treatment.
RIGHT ON, KOMRADE!

IN SOV -- er, KOMMUNIST KANADA, ABORTIONS PREVENT BIRTH CONTROL!
Old Dec 7, 2012, 06:32 PM   #89
skunk
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
You can be an honorary lesbian, like me.

The pay's not much, but the cachet is worth it.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 06:35 PM   #90
Zombie Acorn
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedFaisal View Post
You do realize that in Canada people of Government assistance receive free birth control and even for everyone else it's subsidized by the government? You may want to ask yourself why you are so adamantly against the US doing it when the country where you live and pay taxes in already does it.
I have not heard of an outright subsidizing of birth control in Canada, the prices are comparable here to what they are in the US. The poor may receive free birth control, but I know this is available in the US as well. Quite frankly, planned parenthood could have continued to offer these services if they weren't so adament about running abortion under the same roof.

If you are living on welfare everything you buy is funded by the tax payer including drugs, ciggs, and alcohol that they free up resources for.

Then again it actually pays to not work in this country, remnants of liberal governance. I know a couple people who have been living in Portugal and collecting baby bonus, and tax return refunds for the past two years and haven't had a job for the last five.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:13 PM   #91
iJohnHenry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Acorn View Post
I have not heard of an outright subsidizing of birth control in Canada, the prices are comparable here to what they are in the US.
Well, condoms are free, at a Chemo clinic I drive people to.

But that's hardly for birth control, more to prevent the exchange of potentially nasty bodily fluids during sex.

For those still willing and able to.
iJohnHenry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:40 PM   #92
Tomorrow
macrumors 603

Quote:
Quote:
What Moyank said, we're all about recruitment. As a friend of mine said (and totally stole from a TV show) "All women are spaghetti lesbians".
Quote:
So, it IS a choice?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:53 PM   #93
iJohnHenry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomorrow View Post
So, it IS a choice?
I demand a recount. I'm an unabashed Lesbian.
iJohnHenry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:03 PM   #94
skottichan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomorrow View Post
So, it IS a choice?
Yup, some women choose to sleep with men.
skottichan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:20 PM   #95
flyguy206
macrumors 6502a

Responble women rarely get pregent when they don't want to.
flyguy206 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:32 PM   #96
Moyank24
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Yup, some women choose to sleep with men.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy206 View Post
Please, Doctor, tell us more. I'm assuming responsible men rarely get women pregnant when they don't want to as well?
Moyank24 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:35 PM   #97
iJohnHenry
Banned

Quote:
iJohnHenry is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:19 PM   #98
skottichan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Of course the don't, just like sexual assault victims. Women's bodies protect them from contraceptive failure. It keeps them from getting pregnant unless they really want to.
skottichan is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:23 PM   #99
NT1440
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Acorn View Post
Minimum wage dictates an hour of work is going to buy you enough condoms to last at least a couple days unless you are running this as a business.
Yea, and when you're working a job like that I'd imagine food would become a priority over condoms.
NT1440 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:25 PM   #100
flyguy206
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Exactly.

Please, Doctor, tell us more. I'm assuming responsible men rarely get women pregnant when they don't want to as well?
If a woman does not want to get pregnant she will take steps to prevent it from happening.
flyguy206 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Tags
abortion, birth control, study