Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 7, 2012, 03:14 PM   #1
KillerPanda
macrumors newbie

Need advice for buying black MacBook

Hey everyone! I'm new to this website/forum. I was wondering if any of you had any advice on buying a Black Macbook. I currently own a PC, a Asus G60 to be specific. I really like my PC and use it primarily for gaming. I've pretty much used my computer as a desktop because it's so damn heavy it would be awkward to use it like a normal laptop . Also one reason I'm looking at a Mac is because my PC just got a virus, It was sorta my fault that I got it, but still kinda pisses me off. but in this new computer I am looking for, i want something for mostly browsing the internet, school, music, videos, etc.. I would also like to be able to maybe play some of the 30+ games I already have on my Steam account. I now that Mac is able to run Steam now and I am very happy about that. I guess really the main question I have here is how fast will this Mac book run compared to my current computer. I know that is kinda a stupid question because the computer I currently have isn't comparable to a almost 6 year old Mac. I'm not that smart with computers, so I am hoping that someone will be able to explain in detail how the computer will run. The specs for my current computer are:

Hard Drive
HDD
500GB
HDD RPM
7200rpm
HDD Interface
SATA

Memory
Memory
4GB
Memory Type
204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM

CPU
CPU Type
Intel Core i5
CPU Speed
430M(2.26GHz)
CPU Support
3MB Intel Smart Cache
Turbo boost up to 2.53GHz

Chipset
Chipset
Intel HM55

The Macbook I am looking at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Upgraded-4GB...item337e38b3f2

One final thing, I'm sorta new to the whole idea of forums too, so if this is in the wrong section or whatever please let me know so I can move it.

Thanks alot for the help!!!- KillerPanda
KillerPanda is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice