Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Just days after shipping estimates for new iPhone 5 orders improved to 2-4 business days, they are taking the final step with Apple now listing the device as "in stock" in many of its online stores.

iphone_5_in_stock.jpg
We've noticed the new "in stock" quotes in Apple's online stores for the U.S, Canada, Mexico, Australia, and New Zealand, while a number of other countries are still seeing estimates of 1-3 business days for the time being. Unlocked iPhone 5 models in the U.S. are also still seeing 1-3 business day estimates.

Apple has achieved supply-demand balance for the iPhone 5 just ahead of the holidays and even as the company is working to bring the device to more than 50 additional countries this month.

Apple's deadlines for other holiday delivery of other products are also approaching, with U.S. customers having until December 12 to place their iPad mini orders with guaranteed delivery before Christmas. Other products are already unavailable for the holidays, with the new 27-inch iMac now seeing January shipping estimates as Apple works to deliver the first units to customers.

Article Link: iPhone 5 Now 'In Stock' in Apple's Online Stores for Several Countries

xizdun

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
I call b*llsh*t. Still waiting for mine to be delivered. :( UPS is seriously slacking.

Otterblue

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
Canada
I call b*llsh*t. Still waiting for mine to be delivered. :( UPS is seriously slacking.

I totally agree. After staying for a day and a half in Korea and traveling almost two times across America my iPhone is at the nearest city about to be delivered just to have the delivery rescheduled due to adverse weather conditions (I live in Canada). Seriously? My brother's iPad mini ordered at the same time and shipped later than the iPhone has already arrived (via Fedex). UPS needs better management.

Last edited:

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
Give credit to Apple and Tim Cook, they know how to handle a launch. They launched with decent but never enough stock to keep the fever burning in the Apple crowd but come through with full stock just in time to make sure NO ONE who wants one for Christmas is left wanting. That is the genius of Tim Cook, he is no Steve Jobs, but he sure knows how to handle production on a scale no other company in the industry can dream of.

Shanpdx

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2008
Blazer town!
is it iPhone 5S :p

----------

Give credit to Apple and Tim Cook, they know how to handle a launch. They launched with decent but never enough stock to keep the fever burning in the Apple crowd but come through with full stock just in time to make sure NO ONE who wants one for Christmas is left wanting. That is the genius of Tim Cook, he is no Steve Jobs, but he sure knows how to handle production on a scale no other company in the industry can dream of.
I would suggest move the iPhone launch back to the Summer time period - Jun/Jul frame, so you have plenty of stocks during holidays.

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
I would suggest move the iPhone launch back to the Summer time period - Jun/Jul frame, so you have plenty of stocks during holidays.

I wonder if this is exactly what they'll do. Just in the beginning of Dec. starting to have proper stock of your flagship product is way too late I think. I would imagine you'd want that early-mid Nov. at the latest. Also keep in mind majority of people are very locked down and set by contracts when they can get a new phone. Meanwhile iPad's are a very hot Christmas gift especially the Mini since it's priced nicely. I would imagine next year iPhone=summer, iPad=Fall as consumers will be tempted more to get an iPad if a brand new one had been released just months before. You want a decent amount of time for each new release to have it's own time in the spotlight. This Fall them releasing the iPhone and iPad so close together was odd.

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
Plenty of stock for the holidays here. I walked into an Apple store at 10:00 am today and got a 16g white. No issues at all.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
When Apple estimated the iPhone 5 uptake and scheduled the country rollout to a record number of countries, that estimate was made 6 months in advance. So far they have less than a week of error bandwidth. They have even added China! I don't know exactly where the bad news is, but am open to hearing the basis for it.

Last I checked AAPL is a public stock company where sales, margins, and growth are the metrics for success. Where is the variant from that? I ask.

Rocketman

what canyonblue737 said.

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
Two words, One number....Galaxy Note 2

Was at Costco not long ago and saw someone with a huge brick up to his face and the first thing I thought of was "what the f..."

Haven't ever played with one before so I won't say anything else about it other than how ridiculous people look with them up to their face.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
It looks like if you want a iPhone 5 or iPad mini, you shouldn't have any problems now. We're probably six months away from an updated/new iPhone anyway.

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
In Stock:Scratched and Dented

Out of Stock: Flawless-shipping time-not in your lifetime.

juniorsgv

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2010
phoenix, az
Two words, One number....Galaxy Note 2

ya apple screwed up royally.

4-5 weeks out. especially when all those sales were going on for s3's and note 2's during black friday weekend etc.

loved Apple, but grew tired of the wait / slack. had s3, went up to note 2. at first i thought was massive, but the more i use it. the more normal it feels to hold/use.

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
Looks like the Samsung marketng team are out in full force on Macrumors again. It doesn't surprise me. iPhone 5 launch put a serious dent in S3 sales.

KiwiAdventure

Suspended
Dec 7, 2010
New Zealand
I'm finding in New Zealand more are not up grading to the 5 as the 4 and 4s does every thing they need. I only upgraded to the 5 as I sold my 4s for a good price. The 5 will do me for a long time unless I can sell once again for 80% of retail next year.

I find and many others are using iPads more and the iPhone is just for calling. I don't even have my company email on my iPhone only my iPad which I have in my car most of the time I'm out and about.

What we need is a lot better camera in the next iPad. Their is room too, and make the lense and flash bigger and better

bmunge

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
In two years you'll still be able to sell your iPhone 5 for $250, while you'll be lucky to get $100 out of the S3. That's a huge plus for Apple in my opinion, upgrades become very affordable.

xizdun

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
I totally agree. After staying for a day and a half in Korea and traveling almost two times across America my iPhone is at the nearest city about to be delivered just to have the delivery rescheduled due to adverse weather conditions (I live in Canada). Seriously? My brother's iPad mini ordered at the same time and shipped later than the iPhone has already arrived (via Fedex). UPS needs better management.

Yep, guess ours is the same consignment. Sat in Korea for 2 days, now Louisville, KY, for 1 day (and counting). Something smells fishy. UPS can go to hell. Won't be a happy bunny if it doesn't turn up Monday.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
I upgraded from the iPhone 1 to the 4S. I am pretty sure I pulled the trigger to soon since the 1 was still working great and the 5 was coming soon, but hey. If you are upgrading phones in less than 2 years you are too involved in the latest news and products. BTW when you buy a Mac it will last 7 years. If you upgrade in under 3 years, see the above comment.

Rocketman

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.