Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Debating between these two, although the Omega's are growing on me more and more. It'll be my first watch of this magnitude.

Go for the Omega. It is a stunning watch. I have an Omega Deville - a classy, understated, elegant timeless watch. I bought it for myself as a belated Christmas present in January 2010, having spent at least the previous three years drooling over it. I haven't regretted it for one minute, and wear it daily, with a nice, understated dark leather strap.

While I absolutely love my Tag Carerra, I'd take the Omega Seamaster first.

Agree completely.

For myself I'd choose the Omega because it's understated, elegant and wearable for any occasion.

They are both excellent watch companies however and I've owned Tag in the past. The choice is really up to your personal preference.

My thoughts exactly.

Which isn't necessarily a bad sign - why change an excellent design? I just love my regular Speedy Pro. Can see myself buying the Alaska though but not quite sure about white dials.

Ah, twietee, as so often we're in agreement. Precisely. It is the enduring classy timelessness of the Omega that makes it so attractive.

That's true of course. Josh220 should definitely try them out in real. Personally, I'm not too fond of both models posted. They look somewhat overloaded imho. And for me a Seamaster needs a Navy strap.

Yes, a solid, beautiful piece of elegantly stitched leather. I agree.

I just made almost this exact decision. I love that Tag, but everyone I talked to that knew timepieces said go Omega. So I did.

And, again, I'd say you made the right choice.

Great watch! Love to wind it up every single morning. My only concern is the contemporary bracelet....it looked better before imho. But it's also one of few items that look actually better with a black leather strap and white seams. Going to get one this christmas probably.

You'll enjoy it - especially if you have been anticipating, or planning to treat yourself to one for a long time.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
What I wear everyday. It's accurate and it's a brand most people don't know about.

mr_mywatch01-112012.jpg

sk8mash

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2007
England
Here is my current collection. All Nixon watches. The Sentry, The Ride, The Banks and The Capital Automatic. I just sold my 51-30 and Player for the Capital. I'm loving having a mechanical watch!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,817
  • 2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,787
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,840
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 2,769

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
20k... That's why it merits a lengthy consideration period. ;)

I am trying to pay off the $2k on my credit card. Small steps for me. ;)

If you have $20k to spend on a time piece that's great. I hope to be in that situation some day (I don't see it on the horizon), but I don't think it's something we can help with. It's really a personal preference thing.

dol4n

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2012
My new one!

My new Breitling Avenger "Code yellow", limited edition only 1000 made! Love it :D
breitling.jpg

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I'd never spend more than $100 on a watch, but then again I don't wear them. I just pull out my iPhone 4S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.