Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:50 PM   #1
Jungle Jack
macrumors member

Have You Ever Heard of Anything Like This?

Hello,

I realize that new members here are somewhat viewed with skepticism, but I am pleading for any insights into what I have been experiencing for the past 2 months.

I am currently on my 3rd replacement iP5 64gb (Sprint) that have all been replaced for the exact same issue. The issue is while I have no problems whatsoever placing calls, I have been experiencing tremendous difficulty receiving phone calls and texts.

While at home on my AirRave, I am not experiencing these issues as much. However, I still sometimes receive texts hours after they have been sent.

This is an issue I never experienced on the Motorola Photon 4G I was using prior. Or with any other phone for that matter. When people call me away from home it more often than not goes directly to Voicemail. Worse still, I do not receive the VM until sometimes hours later. None of these VM's show up as missed calls and hours later I get a screen full of Voicemails and SMS sent from hours ago. Just 15 minutes ago, I received a text from a friend who sent it at around noon.

I live in Sarasota, Florida and often travel to Tampa, Florida for work. It seems to be in Tampa when this problem is at its worst. I have reset the phone more times than I can count, have setup the phone as a new iPhone, etc, to no avail.

This issue is so insane that Sprint has reset my eligibility so that I can now purchase another device at the new contract price. I really love this phone, but do not know what to do. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
JJ
Jungle Jack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:09 PM   #2
moonman239
macrumors 6502a

Cancel your Sprint contract and move to a different carrier. I'm thinking maybe it's their fault.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:57 PM   #3
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonman239 View Post
Cancel your Sprint contract and move to a different carrier. I'm thinking maybe it's their fault.
That's what I was going to say. I don't think it's a phone issue. Sounds more like a carrier issue. I'm just not sure why you all the sudden started experiencing it now.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:17 PM   #4
Baggio
macrumors 6502

It's a carrier issue. Call Sprint. Your phone may not be provisioned properly. It might something to do with switching from LTE to CDMA 3G when call or text arrives.
Baggio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:27 PM   #5
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Never heard of it and that's way odd. I think people are right, it's a sprint issue.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:57 PM   #6
Jungle Jack
macrumors member

Hello,
Thank you all for your responses. I too think it well might lie with provisioning. It is just having the Apple Store activate 2 of them, I figured they would get it right.
Cheers,
JJ
Jungle Jack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:15 PM   #7
CK1Czar
macrumors member

It's a Sprint issue. I use to have this problem all the time on Sprint. I would get text messages hours later or not at all. I never have that problem with AT&T
CK1Czar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:30 PM   #8
verwon
macrumors 68030

Definitely sounds like the Network there. I've got a 4S and 5 on Sprint and don't have those issues. Something is screwed up, but it isn't the iPhone.
verwon is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 08:49 AM   #9
Jungle Jack
macrumors member

Hello,
My thanks again to all who have responded. It means a great deal.
All the best,
Jack
Jungle Jack is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:05 AM   #10
viperGTS
macrumors 6502a

*nevermind*
viperGTS is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone