Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dereklove26

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2012
I am running an older mac OS 10.4.11. And it has the newest and fastest CD/DVD Burner that can be made that the newer MAC'S are equipt with. It was burning just fine untile this new ITUNES upgrade that involves buying music and making and I-mix or sending your burn out as a gift. This is a feature that has to be paid for and it seems to be interfering with the normal burning of a CD from music in itunes. I NO itunes interfaces with the board of the CD/DVD BURNERS . And this itunes feature is interfering with normal CD-Burning. This is some type of virus from iTunes effecting our CD/DVD BURNERS :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

dereklove26

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2012
Cd-burn

More over the CD's will not play at all because of this iTunes new features. The CD ejects itself and do not write in the iTunes player. The DVD's play just fine. I isolated this CD-play an CD-Burn problem to iTunes.:mad:

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Which iTunes upgrade are you talking about? The latest(iTunes11) requires OSX 10.6.8. You only have 10.4.11.

Which version of iTunes do you have? Click on iTunes in the menubar, then About iTunes to see.

dereklove26

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2012
CD/Buner and CD/player

Im running ITunes 9.1.1. It was burning an playing CD's fine untile now. CD's just ejects out of the player. The DVD play just fine. It seems to be the itunes new cloud features on iTunes9.1.1. My player do not see CD's any more. ITS has to be iTunes. My player is new.

Derek

----------

Im osx 10.4.11 ppc pismo

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"Im running ITunes 9.1.1. It was burning an playing CD's fine untile now. CD's just ejects out of the player. The DVD play just fine. It seems to be the itunes new cloud features on iTunes9.1.1. My player do not see CD's any more. ITS has to be iTunes. My player is new."

Did the problems start happening as soon as you hooked up the -new- player?

Do you still have the old one?

What happens if you swap out the new one for the old one?

dereklove26

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2012
CD/Buner and CD/player

The new one that burns CD/DVD was working fine with iTunes 9.1.1. Untile I recently went to do some burns and play CD's. My old one works fine it plays the CD/DVD ok its not a burner though. The iTunes have gone though some new feature addon within this pass year and a half right?

Derek

----------

They both always worked fine. The old one plays ok also. The new one plays the DVD'S ok you know you use another application for that . IT KICKS out the CD's. Is there another app player out there for my systems other than iTunes.

Derek

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.