Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Anyone know whats new??

Just updated carrier settings for connectivity to the network.
Nothing new.
Carrier settings updates are small files (about 10 kb) that are installed on your iPhone. Carrier settings include updates to Access Point Names (APNs), MMS settings, features such as tethering, visual voicemail etc...

Link00seven

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
NYC, USA
So why would they push out an update if nothing is new??

I believe it can sometimes be for things like configuring your phone to connect to newly built or updated towers, reconfiguring how the phone 'hands off' your calls/data connections between towers, etc. So behind the scenes stuff mostly.

iThink Apple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 27, 2011
I believe it can sometimes be for things like configuring your phone to connect to newly built or updated towers, reconfiguring how the phone 'hands off' your calls/data connections between towers, etc. So behind the scenes stuff mostly.

But I guess it give improvements right?

kalexn

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Texas
Nothing new.
Carrier settings updates are small files (about 10 kb) that are installed on your iPhone. Carrier settings include updates to Access Point Names (APNs), MMS settings, features such as tethering, visual voicemail etc...

Probably a totally stupid question, but do I need to do anything for this update or does it happen automatically? I know around Nashville they have been updating the towers for a while, so I will be happy with it finally done.

iALLOUT4eva

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
PlayDay Land
Probably a totally stupid question, but do I need to do anything for this update or does it happen automatically? I know around Nashville they have been updating the towers for a while, so I will be happy with it finally done.
Dial this number ##873283# #.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009

Go into Settings > General > About. It should tell you there's an update.

Last edited:

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Nothing new.

How does one update Sprint updates on a 4S. I had no idea Sprints sends update. Can you please direct me? Thanks.

kalexn

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Texas
Go into Settings > About. It should tell you there's an update.

Great, it told me there was one and would I like to update :) Make sure you go Settings > General > About. I just wanted to make it clear as some people wouldn't know that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.