|Dec 8, 2012, 04:31 PM||#1|
Is Primerica a Scam?
I've recently finished studies, a second program to add to my already existing skill set and have been sending out resumes and looking for work online through websites like Workopolis, Monster, Indeed, etc.
I got a phone call a few days ago about a guy from Primerica saying he got my resume on Monster and would like me to come in for a chat about potential employment at Primerica. I immediately thought 'I don't remember sending in a resume for Primerica.... but it probably went through one of the staffing agencies, so great!'
It all went very suspicious from that point forward;
1) The interview time was setup for 6:10pm, quite unconventional since most interviews for job applicants are done between morning and 4pm, you know, during the standard 9-5 shift.
2) Searching for the office location revealed it to be out in the boonies next to manufacturing locales for gas companyes, carpeting, and other type installations. Weird area for what I thought would be a corporate locale.
3) Upon arrival for my interview it was in a small building with no cars parked outside. It looked deserted.
4) Entering the office was where things got real sketchy. Walking through the main door revealed no front desk and an empty pseudo-classroom room with a whiteboard and a bunch of cheap chairs in a quite run down room. It looked very depressing but more especially cheap and unprofessional like in a portable classroom unit from elementary school.
5) One of the guys sitting in another room greeted me and asked if I needed help. I mentioned I was looking for <anonymous name>. Was told to have a seat and he'd be out in a minute.
6) I waited a few and my interviewer turned out to be someone who looked a lot like Peter Gibbons from Office Space except without the cool attitude.
7) After a brief introduction between us he finally laid it on me that he was looking for individuals to expand his 'office' (I use that term loosely since nothing from what I saw looked at all professional) and basically needed more salesman.
At this point I was pretty pissed off thinking, my resume is NOT catered to anything in sales, its for IT and Development and I'm having my time wasted on this bollocks?
I wasnt going to be a prick so I decided to let him talk to me about what he had to say. The whole time though I was thinking; 'Why is he speaking to me in a tone and manner that he's trying to sell me something that I don't need where its supposed to be a job interview?'
I listened to a lot of the stuff he told me about the company, gave me a sob story about the founder and himself which further fueled my skepticism towards the company making me think 'this seems like a scam.....'
Anyway, I left about 30-45 minutes into the meeting and drove off home thinking I should make my resume on monster private and send out some more to relevant places.
Has anyone been approached by Primerica or considered employment with these guys? Something just doesnt add up with them and it all stinks with of some kind of scam.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Is This a Scam ?||netachi||iPod touch||6||Aug 15, 2013 01:19 AM|
|iPhone: Is this a scam?||piatti||Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks||4||Aug 11, 2013 11:39 AM|
|All iPads: Is this a scam||stroked||iPad Accessories||10||May 21, 2013 03:19 AM|
|Does this look like a scam?||brent112||Buying Tips and Advice||6||Apr 1, 2013 02:23 AM|
|Is this a scam?||Angel95||Buying Tips and Advice||15||Dec 29, 2012 10:54 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.