iTunes Match - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 8, 2012, 08:28 AM   #1
Rolanddes
macrumors member

iTunes Match

Hello everyone. I just subscribed to iTunes Match. iTunes checked all my music archive which consists off roughly 5000 songs. It matched 2500 of them and then started to upload the other 2500 songs.

But I realised that even though it matches some songs, it does not put the cloud symbol beside those songs. I make sure if the tags are correct. They are. And I can see the song in iTunes Store when I click Show in iTunes Store. So what may be the problem?

Thanks..
Rolanddes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 08:39 AM   #2
blevins321
macrumors 68030

It's because you have a local copy. To get the cloud symbol you delete your version. Then the cloud appears indicating that it would download/stream it from online instead of playing a local version.

You can also choose to download the store versions of matched songs. In which case the icon would also disappear.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 08:53 AM   #3
iHacker0390
macrumors member

TuneUp helped me alot get my songs matched, but its a bit pricesy...
iHacker0390 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 03:42 PM   #4
Rolanddes
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins321 View Post
It's because you have a local copy. To get the cloud symbol you delete your version. Then the cloud appears indicating that it would download/stream it from online instead of playing a local version.

You can also choose to download the store versions of matched songs. In which case the icon would also disappear.
But all of the songs that have a cloud symbol also there as local copies. They exist in my disk.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHacker0390 View Post
TuneUp helped me alot get my songs matched, but its a bit pricesy...
I'll check it out. Thanks mate..
Rolanddes is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store