Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 5, 2012, 02:41 PM   #1
LarsenR
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
iCloud not syncing iWork docs for iPad/iPhone

I am so hoping some kind soul here can help me out with syncing. I bought an ipad 3g and the iwork ios suite on the promise I could integrate my workflow seamlessly with my iphone 4 in the field using icloud. At first everything worked perfectly (up and down) but within a few weeks (by end of September) the icloud syncing of iwork docs stopped working and has remained non-functional.

I am using ipad 3g ios 5.1.1 and iphone 4 ios 5.1.1 with all the settings for icloud toggled (and retoggled) correctly. I use the same and only apple id for all things Apple. Everything worked fine, then around the end of September syncing of iwork docs completely stopped. Mind you all the basic ios stuff still syncs (notes, calendar, contacts etc). Only the iwork suite is broken. The docs constantly display the "upload arrow" or the download "progress bar" but don't do anything.

The "geniuses" at Apple store were VERY dissappointing and were no help (one started searching forums for solutions despite me just telling him I had spent WEEKS sleuthing forums to no avail). In the end they slung me a lie that I had to upgrade to ios 6 on all devices which I know is not true based on Apple's stated system requirements AND based on the fact that I know others are having the same problem despite running ios 6.

So does anyone have any bright, helpful ideas? I'm really stumped and Apple apparently does not see fit to help or fulfill the basic promise of functionality.

Thanks in advance.
LarsenR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 03:54 PM   #2
jorgus
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
iCloud doc sync is a mess. We are many many who have no sync or just partially sync between Macs and iOS devices. iCloud data base is damaged and it's all a very sad story when you think of one of Jobs last statements about iCloud not be a disaster like MobileMe. Apple just don't fix the cloud service - they wanted to buy DropBox but they couldn't and they just don't fix the cloud themself - they are the best on everything...except the cloud where they are big loosers.
Your problem is NOT a user issue - it's the iCloud servers. You have to bypass all low level support and make them reset your iCloud account - sometimes they have to do it several times until it starts to roll smooth.
So - you have a long journey with telephone calls (why do Apple use this telephone thing from last century - why not mail???) and hopefully an manager at iCloud one day contact you and reset your account after ensuring that you have backed up everything.
Me myself have no voice and can't talk in telephones so I've given up and use only DropBox nowdays.
I think this disaster with iCloud doc sync is big, but we will never know and at iCloud status site there is always green light - "all services up" :-D. They will never officially confess the disaster. No way.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsenR View Post
I am so hoping some kind soul here can help me out with syncing. I bought an ipad 3g and the iwork ios suite on the promise I could integrate my workflow seamlessly with my iphone 4 in the field using icloud. At first everything worked perfectly (up and down) but within a few weeks (by end of September) the icloud syncing of iwork docs stopped working and has remained non-functional.

I am using ipad 3g ios 5.1.1 and iphone 4 ios 5.1.1 with all the settings for icloud toggled (and retoggled) correctly. I use the same and only apple id for all things Apple. Everything worked fine, then around the end of September syncing of iwork docs completely stopped. Mind you all the basic ios stuff still syncs (notes, calendar, contacts etc). Only the iwork suite is broken. The docs constantly display the "upload arrow" or the download "progress bar" but don't do anything.

The "geniuses" at Apple store were VERY dissappointing and were no help (one started searching forums for solutions despite me just telling him I had spent WEEKS sleuthing forums to no avail). In the end they slung me a lie that I had to upgrade to ios 6 on all devices which I know is not true based on Apple's stated system requirements AND based on the fact that I know others are having the same problem despite running ios 6.

So does anyone have any bright, helpful ideas? I'm really stumped and Apple apparently does not see fit to help or fulfill the basic promise of functionality.

Thanks in advance.
jorgus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:54 PM   #3
LarsenR
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
That is very much what I was afraid of. The geniuses only give suggestions that I know from other people's experience do not work. Beyond that I get a shrug, an non-verbal confirmation that the Apple's software does not in fact work, and a "you should just use Dropbox." Then why in the hell did I buy iwork!?!?!?!?! Very annoying, very costly in terms of my time, and seriously impacted my job performance when all began to fail after lengthy transfer of docs.

On the "upside" I will be spending Xmas in Palo Alto CA. I'll be the loud, annoying customer demanding satisfaction for devices and software that fail to perform as promised and in some cases at all... (I'm actually REALLY nice but this is ridiculous and the Colorado Apple store folks I have talked to are less competent with regards to troubleshooting than most savvy users are.)
LarsenR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:54 AM   #4
kdum8
macrumors 6502a
 
kdum8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kyoto, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgus View Post
iCloud doc sync is a mess. We are many many who have no sync or just partially sync between Macs and iOS devices. iCloud data base is damaged and it's all a very sad story when you think of one of Jobs last statements about iCloud not be a disaster like MobileMe. Apple just don't fix the cloud service - they wanted to buy DropBox but they couldn't and they just don't fix the cloud themself - they are the best on everything...except the cloud where they are big loosers.
Your problem is NOT a user issue - it's the iCloud servers. You have to bypass all low level support and make them reset your iCloud account - sometimes they have to do it several times until it starts to roll smooth.
So - you have a long journey with telephone calls (why do Apple use this telephone thing from last century - why not mail???) and hopefully an manager at iCloud one day contact you and reset your account after ensuring that you have backed up everything.
Me myself have no voice and can't talk in telephones so I've given up and use only DropBox nowdays.
I think this disaster with iCloud doc sync is big, but we will never know and at iCloud status site there is always green light - "all services up" :-D. They will never officially confess the disaster. No way.
Is this really true? I just updated to ML today, and none of my mac iCloud documents are showing up on my iPad. Are Apple that useless with iCloud? Surely for most people it is working...
__________________
15" MBP 4.1, 2.5 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM 750GB HD, OS 10.8.3 - iPad 3. iOS 6.1.3 - iPad Nano 6G.
Have a question? First run a search!
kdum8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:30 AM   #5
jorgus
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
I think it's a huge mess and Apple have really serious problems with this feature in iCloud (other servicers in iCloud works fine).
It's just that very few iCloud users (soon every OSX/iOS owner) use this doc sync service - or iWork for that matter. How big this is - how many having problems (= can not use it) we will never know - it's a secret of course. My guess is: It's Big. Why? My experince with complex data bases and huge interacting file klusters is that it's always a big issue when it's an issue - there's nothing "local" with data bases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdum8 View Post
Is this really true? I just updated to ML today, and none of my mac iCloud documents are showing up on my iPad. Are Apple that useless with iCloud? Surely for most people it is working...
jorgus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:07 PM   #6
yg17
macrumors G5
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: St. Louis, MO
My iPhone just started doing this today. My iPad is syncing fine, as is my Mac, but I updated a document on the iPhone and it just has the arrow. Added a new document on my iPad and can't see it on my iPhone. Doc sync has always been a bit buggy, but this is a ****ing joke.
__________________
Barack Obama is not a foreign born, brown skinned, anti-war socialist who gives away healthcare. You're thinking of Jesus.
yg17 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:25 PM   #7
antao
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Any news about this problem

I have same problem i can't synchronize iCloud iWork files since october 2012.

I asked Applecare 10 december. They have to call me back and i am waiting.
antao is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2013, 07:44 AM   #8
antao
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Today all is ok

i just open Pages, Numbers, with iMac, iPhone , iPad.
i can find all docs in all devices, trough iCloud.
antao is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iWork not accessing iCloud docs Achiever Mac Applications and Mac App Store 5 Jun 19, 2014 08:57 PM
iOS iWork version 1.7 vs 2.1 iCloud syncing mrkgoo iPhone and iPod touch Apps 2 Mar 22, 2014 07:02 AM
syncing iCloud on iPad, iPhone, iMac zedleppelin iCloud and Apple Services 1 Feb 23, 2014 11:05 PM
Syncing of docs between iCloud and Macs MrSmith iCloud and Apple Services 5 Jul 8, 2013 05:58 AM
Resolved: iPad iPhone contacts syncing problem with iCloud - SOLVED mstriker iPad 0 Feb 27, 2013 11:01 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC