Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
The old 12 months schedule was perfect ...

Let's the "I want some more" syndrome to the Android people.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Evidence? There is absolutely no evidence to support that the back of that case is an iPhone 5S. Literally, nothing.

There's no source. There's no definitive proof. There is no one endorsing it. What is this proof you're seeing, and literally no one else is seeing. I might have to adjust my monitor maybe, because there is no proof to support the claim that MacRumors posted.

Just google it it's all over the Internet

----------

The old 12 months schedule was perfect ...

Let's the "I want some more" syndrome to the Android people.

Right. And the android people have that because their devices are always lacking something everyone wants. iPhones are generally always solid to begin with.

As cook said, they create something you didn't know you'd want. But now realize you can't live without it.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
I prefer updates that bring functionality worth waiting for, which seems to be on the 12 month cycle.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Well the Android folks do update like every 3 months(?). After a while you don't care anymore. So yeah, 1 yr is good, but am even down with it 18 mos.

EthanNixon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
New Jersey
Just google it it's all over the Internet

----------

Right. And the android people have that because their devices are always lacking something everyone wants. iPhones are generally always solid to begin with.

As cook said, they create something you didn't know you'd want. But now realize you can't live without it.

I'm sorry, my iPhone 5 is too outdated to Google. Could you provide me proof or evidence of an iPhone 5S prototype from a credible source that has been confirmed?

I can't do that on my iPhone 5, only the iPhone 5S which will be coming out in around 8-10 months.

Edit:
I know you're trolling now. Most (75%+) Android phones have something iPhone 5's do not have. NFC, higher resolution, bigger screen, expandable memory, non-proprietary USB, etc. the list goes on.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
I think the more relevant thing I'd like to see Apple do is release more size options. They do it with every other line.

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
Once a year is sufficient. And they need to cut out the "S" crap and at least do a proper new phone each year with the latest advances..and no holding back on features. If the technology exists then the consumer is entitled to have it, especially when paying the premium price for an Apple product.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
everyone just take a step back. A rumored photo of the iPhone 5S is posted on macRUMORS. Not to mention the phone was just announced not even 3 months ago. Apple's sales would fall so fast if they released an iPhone 5S before September/October when people have their upgrades. Not to mention that the 5 can't get any faster. It's already damn near instantaneous.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy

Edit:
I know you're trolling now. Most (75%+) Android phones have something iPhone 5's do not have. NFC, higher resolution, bigger screen, expandable memory, non-proprietary USB, etc. the list goes on.

75% of Android phones have NF, higher res, and something more than iPhone 5 ???

Now you are the one who's trolling ....
Most of the Android phones are just bloated "iPhone wannabe", and even the high end models like Galaxy S III doesn't have the iPhone construction quality ... (Just to be clear, my wife has a Samsung Galaxy S Plus and my son a Galaxy III).

S

syd430

OP is just trying to figure out his strategy for the 5S. You guys don't need to be so hostile.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
OP is just trying to figure out his strategy for the 5S. You guys don't need to be so hostile.

He already made a topic about this a few months ago. Right after he supposedly got his iPhone 5, he's known for making topics that obviously don't have a whole lot of logic surrounding them.
Examples: "Genius Guy gave me a mean look" , "How can I tell if my phone is bent"

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
12 months because AT&T lets me upgrade once a year. 6-9 months can't be done.

I'm already pissed off at Apple for my bastardized 3rd gen riPad

EthanNixon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
New Jersey
75% of Android phones have NF, higher res, and something more than iPhone 5 ???

Now you are the one who's trolling ....
Most of the Android phones are just bloated "iPhone wannabe", and even the high end models like Galaxy S III doesn't have the iPhone construction quality ... (Just to be clear, my wife has a Samsung Galaxy S Plus and my son a Galaxy III).

Yea, they do. Pick any current Android phone, and it will have more features and higher specs than any iPhone. It's been this way since the iPhone 3G.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
What's wrong with 6 months? I'll still upgrade every 2 years, except with a 6-month cycle, I'll be getting an iPhone that's 4 iterations better than mine, instead of 2!

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
I'm sorry, my iPhone 5 is too outdated to Google. Could you provide me proof or evidence of an iPhone 5S prototype from a credible source that has been confirmed?

I can't do that on my iPhone 5, only the iPhone 5S which will be coming out in around 8-10 months.

Edit:

No not trolling. Can you search the web?

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
you know what i dont care how many iphones they put out a year, they can do one every month if they wanted too. What i want them to do is double down on security like cook said they were going to do.

It sucks when you go to watch the iPhone Keynote and you realize that you know everything about the phone already and wasted your time watching. i would prefer everything kept under wraps until the keynote plus it prevents all the complaining. like this summer when everyone was complaining about the "taller iPhone"(even though android has had the 16:9 aspect ratio for awhile now) and now every loves it.

i used to love the apple keynotes now there is no reason to watch anymore.

EthanNixon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
New Jersey
No not trolling. Can you search the web?

I can now, since I'm on a PC and not my iPhone 5. Since buying my iPhone 5, I've been too worried about the single, solitaire, iPhone 5S picture that has been running rampant over the Internet. It seems that they may be coming out with a new iPhone within the next 8-12 months, it seems too true to be real. I don't know why I just didn't go with a phone that never gets updated, like a Blackberry, as opposed to one that has a track record since 2007 for being updated at least once a year, and then one time within like 10 months. It's utterly shocking.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57557269-37/iphone-5s-already-possible-pics-leak/
http://appleinsider.com/articles/12...k-panel-shows-minor-tweaks-to-internal-design

Top two Bing results, show zero definitive proof that that is an iPhone 5S. There will be no definitive proof until Apple announces and released the iPhone 5S, which will be around 8-12 months away.

Duckit

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2011
NJ, USA
I would prefer something around the 12 month schedule. I wouldn't mind anything around 10-12 months.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Yea, they do. Pick any current Android phone, and it will have more features and higher specs than any iPhone. It's been this way since the iPhone 3G.
You are dreaming ... :D

90% of Android phones are just cheap plastic crapware ... powered by a barely decent os with a nice UI (in the last versions).

EthanNixon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
New Jersey
You are dreaming ... :D

90% of Android phones are just cheap plastic crapware ... powered by a barely decent os with a nice UI (in the last versions).

Uh.. None of what you said has anything to do with what I said.. Current Android phones have higher specifications and more features than the current iPhone. That is a fact, you can't argue that. That is just like me saying that current Windows laptops have higher specifications and more features, which is also a fact. I can also say that Windows desktops have higher specifications and more features, which is also a fact.

Apple has NEVER been a company about specifications or competing features. They give you what they THINK you need, and nothing more. They intentionally leave out features that most competing devices have, only to include it in their next device.

I'm not the one dreaming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.