Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Dec 8, 2012, 06:47 PM   #1
PaulKemp
macrumors 6502

Vmware Fusion - Impressed!

Hello,

Call me a noob, but I was not aware that you could:
  1. take an exisition Boot Camp partion with Windows "X"
  2. Boot that OS up in VMWare Fusion
  3. Make changes, install updates, general maintenance
  4. Then boot into Boot Camp again - and have your settings saved to the BC disk and OS!

This opens up a new world for me. For work, and for gaming. It's really awesome! I have a load of RAM, so I can have Win 7 on 2nd screen without any considerations. It's so awesome! I thought that you could convert a BC partition to a VM, but then not use it again as a BC. For gaming, this is exactly what you want. You want to update windows and the games in from Fusion in OS X - then, when you are ready to game. You boot into Win and fire away.

Awyway, I was having some screen tearing with Braid that I imagine was running in native low resolution. Can i somehow send the full power of the GPU to the VM?

Last edited by PaulKemp; Dec 9, 2012 at 04:13 AM.
PaulKemp is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Tags
boot, camp, fusion, vmware, windows 7