Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Dec 5, 2012, 08:26 PM   #326
nkcd
macrumors newbie

Does the iPhone has to run the latest iOS? Reason being is that I don't want to upgrade to the latest iOS since I'll be loosing my untethered JB.
nkcd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 08:39 PM   #327
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkcd View Post
Does the iPhone has to run the latest iOS? Reason being is that I don't want to upgrade to the latest iOS since I'll be loosing my untethered JB.
download Sam Cydia
use Sam to deactivate sim
Reactivate sim using itunes.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 08:58 PM   #328
YellowNimbus
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to YellowNimbus
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkcd View Post
Just looked into this. The iPhone does not have to run the latest iOS in order to be factory unlocked. Once the IMEI is processed and you connect to iTunes to complete the unlocking process, you may be prompted to upgrade to the latest iOS, but you can always decline as usual.

[edit: my apologies, labman's suggestion will address the sim issue. Forgot that a lot of JB are also carrier unlocked via the JB - that will have some bearing on the sim and the way the JB iPhone communicates with iTunes]

Last edited by YellowNimbus; Dec 5, 2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: correction
YellowNimbus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 07:07 PM   #329
P!kN!mO
macrumors member

Does anyone here have tried IMEI unlock their iPhone 5 Softbank Japan or could someone tell me if its possible to unlock it with Unlock Fusion?
P!kN!mO is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 07:42 PM   #330
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by P!kN!mO View Post
Does anyone here have tried IMEI unlock their iPhone 5 Softbank Japan or could someone tell me if its possible to unlock it with Unlock Fusion?
Softbank is discussed in this thread I think in the last few pages.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 03:08 AM   #331
P!kN!mO
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by labman View Post
Softbank is discussed in this thread I think in the last few pages.
Tnx, will look into it...i should have wait for the factory unlock...and i miss my tweak and themes!..dang!
P!kN!mO is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 07:29 AM   #332
dhlizard
macrumors G3

It is outrageously expensive, but a few claim it is now available.

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:37 AM   #333
jonslider
macrumors newbie

Just want to share, Unlock Fusion successfully unlocked an iPhone 4 from ATT, for $3.15

also, their IMEI checker works if you want to verify if a phone is unlocked or not...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unlock-Code-...item2ec370795c
jonslider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 06:10 PM   #334
tim9
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonslider View Post
Just want to share, Unlock Fusion successfully unlocked an iPhone 4 from ATT, for $3.15

also, their IMEI checker works if you want to verify if a phone is unlocked or not...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unlock-Code-...item2ec370795c
How long did it take for you to get it unlocked?
tim9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:54 AM   #335
jonslider
macrumors newbie

> How long did it take for you to get it unlocked?

less than 24 hours
my previous IMEI unlock, different iPhone, I used cutyoursim. It took 3 days, and cost $35.

Unlock Fusion is a better deal.
jonslider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:24 PM   #336
smashermarques
macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

do any of you guys know of any service of this kind that unlock iPhone 4 locked to Portuguese network Vodafone?

Regards
smashermarques is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:28 AM   #337
CAPkuang
macrumors newbie

Planning to use unlockfusion for my iphone 4 locked to AT&T. My question is that I am currently using the SAM unlock and I am wondering would that affect the IMEI unlocking process. (I just want IOS 6)
CAPkuang is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:39 AM   #338
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPkuang View Post
Planning to use unlockfusion for my iphone 4 locked to AT&T. My question is that I am currently using the SAM unlock and I am wondering would that affect the IMEI unlocking process. (I just want IOS 6)
Nope, but after the unlock attaches, you can return to the default Lockdown folder.

Look for me here
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:53 AM   #339
Larissa1
macrumors newbie

Does anyone why know the cost of unlocking varies so much? Due to my recent success in jailbreaking my 3GS a friend asked if I could unlock hers for her.

Its locked to Vodafone UK, (she has a pay as you go SIM), and didn't take long to find that its cheaper to go into one of their shops and pay 19.99 over the counter and do it there and then. On-line unlockers are asking $75 or more do to it.

It's still quite pricey when compared to few dollars for US or Australian carriers for example. Why does some cost much more than others?

Oh does anyone know of a cheaper than 19.99 to unlock Vodafone UK?
Larissa1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:03 AM   #340
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larissa1 View Post
Does anyone why know the cost of unlocking varies so much? Due to my recent success in jailbreaking my 3GS a friend asked if I could unlock hers for her.

Its locked to Vodafone UK, (she has a pay as you go SIM), and didn't take long to find that its cheaper to go into one of their shops and pay 19.99 over the counter and do it there and then. On-line unlockers are asking $75 or more do to it.

It's still quite pricey when compared to few dollars for US or Australian carriers for example. Why does some cost much more than others?

Oh does anyone know of a cheaper than 19.99 to unlock Vodafone UK?
Supply and demand determines cost.

For example - IMEI unlocks for AT&T iPhones started at $200, there are hundreds of vendors doing the unlocks now, price is down to $5 or lower.

For other carriers, if there are fewer vendors, the price is higher.

Look for me here
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:38 PM   #341
gd6
macrumors member

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone had a legit source to unlock an iphone 4s locked to Movil Mexico.

I saw iphoneunlock.co.uk offered a service for $32USD but it says its only a pre-order and I remember someone saying bad things about them at some point.

Thanks for any tips!
gd6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:53 PM   #342
LandonDonovan
macrumors regular

I searched Google sites the other day for America Movil Mexico, but I couldn't find anything. I just referred a guy to the Gevey 4S, which is the cheapest way to unlock it at the moment:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...0&LH_PrefLoc=1
LandonDonovan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:24 PM   #343
gd6
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandonDonovan View Post
I searched Google sites the other day for America Movil Mexico, but I couldn't find anything. I just referred a guy to the Gevey 4S, which is the cheapest way to unlock it at the moment:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...0&LH_PrefLoc=1
Thanks for the reminder about the gevey sim, I wasn't aware that they were compatible with IOS 6 now.

Does anybody know if I pre-programmed a gevey sim to the right carrier, if it could get an iphone past the activation screen? The phone has been activated and registered before but someone restored it recently. I can't seem to find any America Movil sim cards.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:35 PM   #344
LandonDonovan
macrumors regular

My assumption is the Gevey will activate as the auctions don't say anything about needing the original SIM card. If I recall, it just tricks the iPhone into thinking you have an original SIM inside once you get to the activation step on the iPhone.
LandonDonovan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:42 PM   #345
Sandbar
macrumors newbie

Please forgive my newbiness, but what does having your IMEI unlocked do for you?
What is the advantage of it?
Sandbar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:18 PM   #346
gd6
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbar View Post
Please forgive my newbiness, but what does having your IMEI unlocked do for you?
What is the advantage of it?
Its just so you can use your sim card (carrier) of choice. Say you have an ATT iPhone, you wouldn't be able to use a T-mobile sim card unless you paid a few bucks to have the IMEI unlocked.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:43 PM   #347
Sandbar
macrumors newbie

Ahhh now I understand.
Thank you very much and Merry Christmas.
Sandbar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:29 PM   #348
Minhthien
macrumors 6502

Has anyone uses http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk ?
Minhthien is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 03:48 PM   #349
rw3
macrumors 6502a

I've used unlock_fusion for 10+ unlocks and all are still active to this day. Including an iPhone 5 bought on upgrade.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:12 PM   #350
mrbrown
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to mrbrown Send a message via AIM to mrbrown Send a message via MSN to mrbrown Send a message via Yahoo to mrbrown
Is unlock_fusion pretty quick? I have a friend who is coming over this evening for me to help her unlock her phone (she apparently doesn't trust herself to go to eBay, buy an unlock, and sync her iPhone... go figure) and I'd rather not have her have to come back.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks