Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:06 AM   #1
macBGINR
macrumors newbie

Macbook Pro System Performance Question

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and somewhat new to the macbook space. I purchased my MB pro a little over a year ago and have run into some system performance issues that I would like to see if someone could point me in the right direction.

About a month ago, my wife spilled a small amount of water on the MB. I have a rubber keyboard protector so almost no water actually fell into the keyboard area. A small amount did fall on the spine (what I call the location under the 'MacBook Pro' name that connects the monitor to the base) and some got on the port connections for batt power, USB, ethernet, etc. I quickly padded off the water and used a low heat blowdryer to dry the port connections on the left side of the MB. It has subsequently been restarted multiple times since the incident and is current on software updates.

That being said, I'm not sure if the water bit plays into the performance issue or not, but I'm experiencing an overall slow response when the MB is not plugged into a power source. If not plugged in, everything I do is sluggish and hangs up. When the MB is plugged in, everything works perfect.

Any help explaining what the potential issues could be? I've researched potentially resetting the SMC, but not sure if that would help. Thanks in advance for your help.
macBGINR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:11 AM   #2
justperry
macrumors 603

Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
There should be a setting in energy saver in System Preferences, first look there and set it to performance.
You could try to reset PRAM and SMC.
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 09:48 PM   #3
macBGINR
macrumors newbie

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I looked at the energy saver and performed both the PRAM and SMC and the slowness still exists.
macBGINR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:14 AM   #4
old-wiz
macrumors 604

maybe the water got into the battery area?

However, running battery alone is slower than running battery+mains power.
old-wiz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help