Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
can anyone tell me what the out of warranty cost is for the iPhone 5, in canada?

i am debating whether or not to get applecare+, or take my chances should something bad happen. (drop , and or water damage)

i have called an apple store to ask and they said they couldn't tell me over the phone they said they'd have to see the phone. but this is all hypothetical so i don't have a damaged phone...to show.

:/

Thanks in advance.

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
It's $229+tax to replace. If you are shipping to Apple to replace and not carrying-in, it's another $10.77. Source Click Warranty & Service Pricing on the left and then "My phone is not eligible for warranty service. What are my service options?"

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
It's $229+tax to replace. If you are shipping to Apple to replace and not carrying-in, it's another $10.77. Source Click Warranty & Service Pricing on the left and then "My phone is not eligible for warranty service. What are my service options?"

Awesome. Thank you for the info. :)

LoloBond

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2011
can anyone tell me what the out of warranty cost is for the iPhone 5, in canada?

i am debating whether or not to get applecare+, or take my chances should something bad happen. (drop , and or water damage)

i have called an apple store to ask and they said they couldn't tell me over the phone they said they'd have to see the phone. but this is all hypothetical so i don't have a damaged phone...to show.

:/

Thanks in advance.

I have NEVER dropped a my phone since I started using smartphones until Thursday when my white iP5 took a dive into the toilet. I was very lucky that I got apple care+ 2 weeks ago. I highly recommend getting it.

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
I have NEVER dropped a my phone since I started using smartphones until Thursday when my white iP5 took a dive into the toilet. I was very lucky that I got apple care+ 2 weeks ago. I highly recommend getting it.

Glad you have applecare+

I actually have applecare+ on my phone, but I have bought my parents an ip5 for christmas. I was debating over adding applecare+ to that one too.
But theyre super careful and wouldnt have a prob forking out $229 should something happen.

TY for your experiences and feedback!:)

bimmerboii

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2008
+1 for AppleCare.

I wouldnt bother getting AppleCare for my iPad, but the iPhone is something I have 24/7 with me. If something were to happen to it I couldnt afford the downtime. Also with AppleCare I am not afraid to use my phone naked, which just shows its beauty than having a case :)

Also, I plan to keep the phone for the next 2 years (until iPhone 6 comes out, i wouldnt bother with the 5s). It is good to have peace of mind for the duration of my ownership :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.