Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:31 PM   #1
jstar002
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Tmobile Go Smart Unlimited high speed for $45? Will it work with iphone5?

Has anyone seen this yet? It's cheaper than regular Tmobile prices? It's Tmobile new prepaid program...

https://www.gosmartmobile.com/compar...ll-phone-plans

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/12/t-mob...osmart-mobile/
jstar002 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 03:38 AM   #2
albertxp06
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California
They mention a micro-SIM in the Phone Compatibility Page, so you'll need to cut it down to a nano-SIM. Otherwise, it seems like it should work.

I would go with them, but their coverage in my area is very spotty compared to AT&T.
albertxp06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:31 AM   #3
Satnam1989
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Illinois
 
Ill be on board when I am back in the states! $45 with 5GB 3G data as compared to Straight talk who start bossing ppl around 3GB usage. Definitely looks promising and not to mention the international add ons.
Satnam1989 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:26 PM   #4
RNVarma
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
There's also the $30 T-Mobile 4G Prepaid Plan that has 100 minutes and 5GB of 4G data. And they have native nanosim cards.
__________________
Rajiv Varma
RNVarma is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:34 PM   #5
Neverbepeace
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNVarma View Post
There's also the $30 T-Mobile 4G Prepaid Plan that has 100 minutes and 5GB of 4G data. And they have native nanosim cards.
If your not a talker, best plan hands down.
Neverbepeace is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:42 PM   #6
jstar002
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
It says Up to 5GB of High-Speed web (5GB at 3G speeds, then 2G speeds for the rest of the cycle).

is the 3G HSPA? I wonder how fast the speeds are in L.A for the $45 unlimited plan compared to ATT LTE... Sure I want cheap unlimited at $45 but is it much slower than ATT LTE?
jstar002 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:42 PM   #7
aziatiklover
macrumors 68020
 
aziatiklover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
I still like the $30 a month with unlimited data since I dont call or sms a lot! I'm on imessage 100% now.
__________________
ppleholic
aziatiklover is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:42 PM   #8
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar002 View Post
It says Up to 5GB of High-Speed web (5GB at 3G speeds, then 2G speeds for the rest of the cycle).

is the 3G HSPA? I wonder how fast the speeds are in L.A for the $45 unlimited plan compared to ATT LTE... Sure I want cheap unlimited at $45 but is it much slower than ATT LTE?
You will have to find out if Tmobile has refarmed their 3G network in your area.
If not you will get stuck with slow 2G Edge data.
What speeds do you get now with AT&T LTE? LTE is faster than both 3G and HSPA+
Applejuiced is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:57 PM   #9
jstar002
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
You will have to find out if Tmobile has refarmed their 3G network in your area.
If not you will get stuck with slow 2G Edge data.
What speeds do you get now with AT&T LTE? LTE is faster than both 3G and HSPA+
I don't have ATT LTE; but I tried it in store a few days ago. The store is like a mile away from my house and it was blazing fast. I played with the iphone5 and S3 in store and they were both amazing fast!

I currently use Tmobile G3 on a 5 year old phone and its slower than death. Takes like 40 seconds to load a page. Could be my phone too cause its old.
jstar002 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:27 PM   #10
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar002 View Post
I don't have ATT LTE; but I tried it in store a few days ago. The store is like a mile away from my house and it was blazing fast. I played with the iphone5 and S3 in store and they were both amazing fast!

I currently use Tmobile G3 on a 5 year old phone and its slower than death. Takes like 40 seconds to load a page. Could be my phone too cause its old.
You will have to check them both out locally.
Find someone that has an iphone on tmobile in your area and see if they get 3G or edge and what kind of data speeds they get.
AT&T LTE is very fast if you have it available.
Applejuiced is online now   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carrier: Tmobile Unlimited Data adminaaah iPhone 8 Dec 28, 2013 10:29 AM
Carrier: Tmobile $70 Unlimited plan Sparticu$ iPad 3 Aug 16, 2013 09:42 AM
Tmobile iphone5 questions Soultosoul iPhone 2 Jul 10, 2013 05:20 PM
TMobile iPhone 5 unlimited/tethering question the_wallcrawler iPhone 9 Mar 28, 2013 12:50 PM
iPhone5 and Unlimited Data Fiji iPhone 16 Dec 8, 2012 04:01 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC